The Perfect Weekend

by Meghann on September 3, 2012

Scenes from an awesome weekend

IMG_0047.JPG IMG_0064.JPG IMG_0059.JPG stripedshirtsloft.jpeg DSCF7033.JPG IMG_0119.JPG 20120902_210043.jpg 20120903_095643-1.jpg

So. Much. Fun.

Probably the first weekend in a while where I’m feeling well rested and ready to take on the week. It was the perfect mix of being lazy and getting out there – the way all long weekends should be. :)

Derek and I emphasized the lazy theme this afternoon with a few hours in front of the tv. A trip to the grocery store was thrown in there as well. I picked up some lovely fresh figs (figs! in season! yippee!!), ricotta cheese, chocolate chunks, and honey.

Delicious.

Derek requested soup for dinner. Soup was delivered.

Nothing fancy here. Basically just threw everything in a pot and let it simmer for an hour.

Soup contents:

• red onion
  • carrot
  • okra
  • tomato sauce
  • red beans
  • diced tomatoes
  • vegetable broth
  • garlic salt
  • oregano
  • chili powder

On top:

• avocado
  • cheddar cheese

Fresh avocado is awesome on hot soup. It cools everything down and leads to some creamy, yummy bites.

I’ve had soup on my mind lately. So happy soup season is back.

The vanilla ice cream and Dancing Deer fruit and nut bars came out for dessert.

The perfect little dish to end the weekend with.

How was your Labor Day weekend?! Do anything exciting?!

1 Sana September 3, 2012 at 10:07 pm

This weekend I did a lot of running ;) Well a lot for myself, but it was nice to have the freedom to workout whenever I wanted to.
Sana recently posted..Day 2 Share your thoughts and feelings about Lance Armstrong’s lifetime ban and loss of titles.

2 melissa (fitnessnyc) September 3, 2012 at 10:23 pm

I also made soup tonight. Chicken tortilla, and I agree about the avocado. I thought it would be weird, but it’s just yummy!

3 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom September 3, 2012 at 10:52 pm

After seeing your Loft purchases, I headed out and got the orange and grey sweater along with a few other things. Yea for Fall shopping!!!

The soup looks delicious but with it still being 100 degrees in my neck of the woods, it may have to wait another month or so.
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Shop til ya Drop

4 Meghann September 4, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Wore that sweater yesterday! It was so comfy, I almost wore it to bed, too. :)

5 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 4, 2012 at 12:00 am

Still in love with those tops you bought — too cute!! It really does sound like you had a fabulous weekend. I worked all weekend, so I’m more than a little jealous! Oh, and ditto on being glad about the return of soup season. Yum!! Can’t wait!
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..Super Seven and the Smarties

6 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 4, 2012 at 12:21 am

I moved from LA to Chicago – the 36 hour drive was pretty crazy!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday // I Will Wait

7 Meghann September 4, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Holy cow! Good for you!

8 Sneakers2Sandals September 4, 2012 at 6:36 am

This post makes me happy…food+exercise+relaxation=awesomeness.
Sneakers2Sandals recently posted..Labor Day Crossfit Time

9 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope September 4, 2012 at 7:12 am

Sounds like a fun weekend! I love those tops that you got! So cute :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..First Married Date Night & Rest of the Weekend!…

10 Emily N September 4, 2012 at 8:32 am

We also had a good mix of active with lazy. We both ran twice (we don’t run together though), cleaned our whole house, hosted a cookout, and also (the lazy) watched the first 8 episodes of Game of Thrones. Watch it. Immediately. With Derek because he’ll like it too!
Emily N recently posted..A New Week and Fresh Start

11 Meghann September 4, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Sounds like a great weekend :)

12 Colleen September 4, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Super cute tops!! Love the stripes!
Colleen recently posted..Lunch Time

13 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes September 4, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Aside from my triathlon training workouts and an extended family dinner, I took it easy for Labor Day. The three-day weekend was a good mix of activity and laziness like yours, Meghann–those are the best!
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..(Not Going) Back To School

14 Nadine M. September 5, 2012 at 8:55 am

Meghann- Where did you get that cute coral and grey striped top??