Let’s Go to the Beach

by Meghann on September 2, 2012

We spent the day at Maddie’s second favorite place in the world (after grandma and grandpa’s) – the beach!

I love the pet beach at Honeymoon Island, as far as pet beaches go, I think it ranks near the top. Not only are all the dogs and their owners super respectful of every other dog or dog owner on the beach, but it’s also a beautiful beach with great sand and nice calm waters that the dogs can just hang out and chilax in.

Mary and I actually came up with the idea to go to the beach during our run last weekend because, you know, what else can you discuss while chugging along in the heat and humidity besides the potential of an awesome beach trip in your near future? πŸ˜‰

Mary and her husband brought their pups, Winnie.

Winnie and Maddie were instant buds. I’m pretty sure they both spent 85% of our time at the beach in the water. They’re both water dogs.

IMG_0122.JPG IMG_0123.JPG

IMG_0128.JPG IMG_0129.JPG

And they both love to share. Winnie would chase the ball deep to retrieve it and Maddie would take it from her once it was shallow enough for her to reach.

We picked up lunch on the way and enjoyed a picnic spread at the beach.

The sandwich was a grab-and-go caprese from Publix and it was delicious. I would definitely pick it up again.

I also had some plantain chips and cantaloupe.

Awesome day at the beach. :)

And what’s a trip to the beach without a DQ stop on the way home? πŸ˜‰

I hope your three day weekend is treating you well!

Happy Labor Day! :)

1 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 2, 2012 at 5:37 pm

It looks like it was a beautiful day!! I love the doggie teamwork — that was too cute of Winnie!
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..September Goals!

2 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 2, 2012 at 5:51 pm

Looks like such a fun day! :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Kiss My Broccoli!

3 Kashi @ Cape Island Runners September 2, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Gorgeous day! I enjoyed my long run this AM and am now going to refuel with some sushi! Yes!
PS you guys are an adorable couple and I love that bikini!
Kashi @ Cape Island Runners recently posted..Cape Island Spotlight – Sherry LaBree

4 Debbie September 2, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Such a fun day and the pics are price less. I need to get to the beach soon. Enjoy the rest of the holiday.

5 Annette @FitnessPerks September 2, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Ahhhh what a FUN day! I love ice cream after the beach!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Pin Love + ZipFizz Review/Giveaway

6 Kt September 3, 2012 at 5:46 am

Looks so fun!

7 Sara @my less serious life September 3, 2012 at 7:37 am

i’ve never been to a dog beach (which means my pup hasn’t either!) she would DIE being so happy.

8 Rachael September 3, 2012 at 7:48 am

LOVE that fedora! What a great family photo at the end!

9 Tessa @ Amazing Asset September 3, 2012 at 7:54 am

Wow that water looks perfect, a tropical paradise! What a treat for dogs, they much have loved it :)
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..Sunday Survey- This or That

10 Dawn September 3, 2012 at 9:44 am

Okay, but serious business here….was that a cookie dough blizzard?

11 Meghann September 3, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Nope. Reeses :)

12 Christine (The Raw Project) September 3, 2012 at 11:05 am

What a fun day and great pics, perfect weather. Brings back memories of hanging out at the beach when we lived in Central Florida. :-)
Christine (The Raw Project) recently posted..A Day in the City

13 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 3, 2012 at 12:39 pm

The water looks so nice!

Ice cream is a must for a long weekend…I picked some up myself last weekend. :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..September Goals

14 Emily N September 3, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Looks like Maddie had a blast at the beach with her friend and it also looks as though you had a great and beautiful day as well!
Emily N recently posted..A New Week and Fresh Start

15 Katie September 4, 2012 at 7:23 am

I love Honeymoon Island’s pet beach. This reminds me: I need to bring my pup there soon, now that it is hopefully not quite as hot outside. Lucia is somewhat slowly learning to be a water dog – we actually got her swimming and playing out in the water last time we brought her! I love that she gets time to interact with other dogs, and it’s a little bit more controlled than just letting her off her leash at a dog park! πŸ˜‰ Haha!
Katie recently posted..Chile Olive Oil dinner at Flamestone Grill