Shop ’til You Drop

by Meghann on September 1, 2012

What do you do when your day is completely free and you’re bored out of your mind at home?

You shop!

shoppingwithsteph.jpeg

I had an awesome nap after my run today, but I woke up feeling bored and restless. It was too hot to do anything outside, so I texted my friend Stephanie to see what she was up to. Turns out she was bored as I was. We met up at the mall and killed four hours in the glorious AC trying on clothes, building our imaginary dream kitchens, and trying to understand the latest fashion trends (see spiked shoes above). It was a blast.

I even managed to walk out with two adorable tops I found on sale at the Loft.

stripedshirtsloft.jpeg

I’ve really been digging stripes lately.

Steph laughed when I told her the shirt on the left might be too warm to wear to an outdoor football game at the end of September. Welcome to Florida, my dear.

We worked up quite a thirst from our little shopping adventure, and decided to hit up Bar Louie for some refreshments.

Shipyard Pumpkinhead with a sugar/cinnamon rim – I <3 pumpkin beer season!!!!

IMG_0070.jpg

We also split a basket of pretzel sticks with a trio of dipping sauces (my favorite was the spicy mustard – simple, but classic)

while watching the Gators barely squeeze out a win.

The FSU game didn’t start until 6:00. I came home to discover Derek with two laptops and a TV going with football. He hasn’t budged from the couch since noon – he’s in his happy place. Especially since the Noles are currently leading 62 to 3. Booyah!

I picked up dinner from Whole Foods on the way home.

A calzone for Derek and a Greek salad for me.

We split a chocolate bar for dessert.

IMG_0082.jpg

And the football fun continues! (Until Derek passes out on the couch ;) )

Good nIght!

How was your Saturday? Do anything fun?

1 Laura September 1, 2012 at 10:09 pm

I just bought that exact chocolate bar to try out!

2 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 1, 2012 at 10:17 pm

I JUST arrived home from my half cross-country move. I’m not sure that’s that fun, but it is good to not be driving 8-12 hrs a day…
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Semi-Healthy Corn Guacamole

3 Cristina @ Girl Meets Pink September 1, 2012 at 10:20 pm

I bought that smaller stripe top from Loft. It’s so cute!!!
Cristina @ Girl Meets Pink recently posted..Get After It.

4 Yo Momma Runs September 1, 2012 at 10:25 pm

If the heat of this summer continues, it may never be cool enough for that shirt!:) I am totally obsessed with red, blue and white stripes. The last five shirts I’ve purchased follow that theme.
Yo Momma Runs recently posted..Are headphones unsafe during a race?

5 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom September 1, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Guess what I am doing tomorrow…….heading to Loft!!! I love the shirt with the orange stripes!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..August Foodie Pen Pal Reveal + Free Lunch

6 Courtney September 1, 2012 at 10:41 pm

You two (Derek and you) sound a lot like my husband and I! Even down to the Whole Foods order. ;)
Courtney recently posted..Do-Winnin’

7 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 2, 2012 at 1:35 am

Those tops are aboslutely adorable!! They suit you well. I’m working a round of overnight shifts right now, so I spent most of my day sleeping, but I did manage to squeeze in a 4 mile run and a visit to my favourite bulk health food store. :)

8 cathy@1970kikiproject September 2, 2012 at 6:00 am

the mall is a lovely diversion…i am heading out with my mom this aft!
btw, tampa’s international plaza remains my favourite mall, anywhere – i discovered it on vacation two years ago, hope to return some day!
cathy@1970kikiproject recently posted..a perfect AUNTI day!

9 Kathy September 2, 2012 at 6:38 am

The maroon shirt is adorable on you! You have to wear it….what one will do for cute fashion and football. ;-)

So what site lets you put your pictures together in a collage like your shopping photos? Just curious….thx

10 Meghann September 3, 2012 at 1:53 pm

I use the PicsArt app on my Android

11 Kristen @ notsodomesticated September 2, 2012 at 8:06 am

As a Gator, watching that game was tough yesterday! We did manage to pull out a win, but man, we should have won by a lot more!!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Buttermilk Baked Chicken

12 Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily September 2, 2012 at 8:20 am

I love both of those shirts, so cute!
Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily recently posted..Camping is for reading

13 Sara@RunningInPinkProject September 2, 2012 at 8:58 am

My Saturday looked a lot like that. A friend and I stumbled on a free wine tasting while we killed time waiting on our lunch reservation at this awesome but tiny sushi joint and then we killed HOURS at the mall. Old Navy has some cute football shirts super cheap. I got the NFL ones but they had local colleges too. (They may have also had old school 90210 shirts and I *may* have gotten one to sleep in)
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..Best Damn Race

14 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats September 2, 2012 at 10:22 am

shopping is a great way to spend the afternoon! And I’m so glad college football has begun, Mizzou kicked butt last night!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..September Goals

15 Kayla @ Keep Moving Forward September 2, 2012 at 10:57 am

I love football season – but I love even more how it transforms men- its hilarious! My husband was the same way. I asked if he wanted to bike with me while I ran and he said something like, “Haven’t you been listening when I told you that football starts at 9:30?” We both laughed so hard.
Kayla @ Keep Moving Forward recently posted..How Does a Relay Work?

16 Theodora September 2, 2012 at 11:33 am

I really like that chocolate…not just because we share a name!
Theodora recently posted..First Marathon Story: Valerie

17 Courtney September 2, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Love the tops! And yummy pretzels :)
Courtney recently posted..Fall Goals

18 Jessica @jessicafarrulla.com September 2, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Super cute tops!! You just reminded me that I need to stock up on my Shipyard Pumpkinhead because last year I missed out! Everywhere was sold out and I never even got a sip. My fall wasn’t complete. ;) haha

19 Emily N September 3, 2012 at 3:04 pm

It was a pretty good football weekend. At least for these Buckeye fans! How about for you ‘noles?
Emily N recently posted..A New Week and Fresh Start

20 Caitlin September 4, 2012 at 10:45 am

This looks like the most perfect afternoon! I spent Saturday afternoon shopping a ton too and it was so much fun. The LOFT tops look great on you but the one on the left is especially perfect with those white shorts!!! You look so cute. Wow I don’t really drink beer but that pumpkin beer with the cinnamon/sugar rim? Awesome! I’ve only been to Bar Louie once but I really enjoyed it and would love to go back sometime. They need to put one in CT! Also, your Greek salad looks great. Whole Foods can do no wrong! The grapeleaves caught my eye.
Caitlin recently posted..Foodies Take RI – Part Two