more ยป" />

The betrAyal

by Meghann on August 30, 2012

Gasp!!!

I finally watched Tuesday night’s episode of Pretty Little Liars before I went to bed last night. You guys were not kidding about this one! As soon as the ending credits started rolling, I was so blindsided by what just happened in the last 5 seconds of that show, that I didn’t want to move. Talk about an interesting twist to the show! I think I’m more confused now than ever, which essentially only leaves me craving more. Is it October 23rd yet? I’m not sure I can wait that long for the next episode!

eeekkkk!

On the bright side, Switched at Birth starts back up next week! The new season teasers definitely have my attention. Pretty sure ABC Family is almost all I watch these days. ;)

I stayed up way too late last night playing tv catch-up and accidentally slept in a little later than intended this morning. Whoops. I threw on my running gear after taking Maddie out and managed to get a quick 4-mile run in. Knowing I’d be listening to Hunger Games on my run served as a great motivator for getting my butt out the door. Never underestimate the power of a good book. I also wished the run was a little longer at the end, so I could keep listening. Patience, just more motivation for my next run.

Breakfast!

I’ve been on a big egg kick lately. I’m trying to eat more eggs in the morning and I think I’ve been doing pretty good (hey, 2-3 times a week is better than none! :) ). This morning’s eggs were scrambled with some dried basil, salt, pepper, and fresh spinach.

With an apple on the side.

And a slice of flax toast.

I’m itching for all the fall flavors to return. Pumpkin recipes are popping up everywhere and I’m finding myself craving fall-themed dishes and desserts. Who else is ready to start breaking out the orange stuff?! ;)

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life August 30, 2012 at 10:21 am

Yay for Pumpkin season :D Caribou Coffee’s pumpkin drinks are out and INCREDIBLE!!

2 Yellow Haired Girl August 30, 2012 at 10:22 am

I really must try audio books while working out!

3 Erin @ erinberries August 30, 2012 at 10:35 am

I absolutely LOVE Pretty Little Liars! However, I feel a little stupid when my 13 year old cousin watches the same shows as me. Oh well.

4 Dana August 30, 2012 at 10:39 am

Fall is absolutely my favorite season, even more so since I moved to New England 4 years ago.
Way ahead of you on the pumpkin – already made a batch of Brittany’s (A Healthy Slice of Life) pumpkin cinnamon rolls. Soooooo good.

5 Mia August 30, 2012 at 11:01 am

I assume, based on your training, that you have decided not to do the half IM?

6 Sonia the Mexigarian August 30, 2012 at 11:17 am

I have never seen Pretty Little Liars. I try to avoid ABC Family altogether except when they show Disney movies. I just can’t stand their programming. Though I do admit I watch equally as bad shows on other channels -_-;; Ghost Adventures and Toddlers in Tiaras are train wrecks I can’t help but watch. Ack.

Now I am seriously craving pumpkin. I am looking forward to the Fall and our Indian Summer and then the smell of the rain. I especially looking forward to seeing how our new house holds up in the Fall/Winter.

7 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats August 30, 2012 at 11:55 am

I’ve been considering watching Pretty Little Liars, I think it’s on netflix now. I’m guessing you recommend it? And I’m glad you’re liking hunger games, I’m a huge fan!

8 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 30, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Pumpkin, apples and butternut, pumpkin, apples and butternut, pumpkin, apples and butternut…my fall mantra. :-)

9 Allison @ Running Through Red Lights August 30, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I can’t wait for fall! I thought I saw that Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte comes back Sept. 4 (or maybe the 9th?), and I saw somewhere that some apple orchards around here are expecting honey crisps within the next 3 weeks!

10 Jessica August 30, 2012 at 1:23 pm

You have to give the show Suits a shot! Not ABC Family but SOOOOOO good. Everyone I’ve recommended it to has completely caught up (the season 2 finale just aired!) within a week. Give it a try! I usually watch on fastpasstv.ms –they link to a bunch of sites and I haven’t had any problems on it!

11 Annette @FitnessPerks August 30, 2012 at 1:31 pm

YAY for pumpkin season! Totally stoked for pumpkin bread. YUMM!

12 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale August 30, 2012 at 1:47 pm

I tried the audio books while biking … not a fan, so I’m hesitant to try it while running. That being said the Hunger Games trilogy is fabulous and I’m SOOO glad you’re enjoying it!!
Ditto on loving the fact that pumpkin season is around the corner. I can’t decide which recipes I want to try first!! (Oh and your breakfast apple looks like it was the perfect amount of ripe and crunchy!)

13 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions August 30, 2012 at 2:49 pm

I don’t have cable in my apartment, which has been detrimental to my PLL viewing, and since I knew I wouldn’t have time to watch it this weekend, I decided to read spoilers yesterday.

WHAT. WHAT. I flipped out when I saw what happens at the end of the episode. Like I said, I know I never would’ve gotten around to watching it, but I wish I had, because seeing it happen would’ve been 10 million times more shocking than reading it, which was shocking enough!

14 Laura @sweatingforit August 30, 2012 at 4:26 pm

I am a sweet breakfast person and can’t get myself excited about eggs early in the morning. But take all my leftover vegetables, throw in some eggs and bake a frittata for dinner? I’m all in.

15 kim@hungryhealthygirl August 30, 2012 at 5:50 pm

I listened to Hunger Games while running too! Very good motivator and there are two more books! I broke out the pumpkin and made these http://www.hungryhealthygirl.com/recipes/?recipe_id=6031428 Absolutely delicious! Now if the weather would just cooperate. ;)

16 Sara@RunningInPinkProject August 30, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Yes to this whole post. SO ready for fall and pumpkin coffee/recipes. LOVED the summer finale of PLL. Could not believe the last 30 seconds of the show! and YAY for The Hunger Games book.

17 Irina @ Chocolatea Time August 30, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Ahh I can’t decide how I feel about the summer finale! I wasn’t as surprised as I expected to be, partially because I suspect that it’s (aka the person who seems to be A #2) not what it appears to be. Cannot wait for October!!!

18 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope August 31, 2012 at 7:25 am

I couldn’t believe the ending of Pretty Little Liars either!!! My jaw literally dropped! I’m looking forward to the episode in October.

I really love Switched at Birth too!! I cannot wait for the Lying Game to come back too. I’m an ABC Family addict too :)