Impatient

by Meghann on August 28, 2012

Good Morning!

No rain today (yet!), the sun is actually SHINING right now. Love that!

Maddie was extra hyper this morning (picture her running laps of the living room while grabbing various squeaking toys along the way – Derek is still sleeping at this point), so I leashed her up and took her on my 4-mile run with me. She was on cloud 9 the entire time – not wanting to stop and just wanting to keep running. We still had some wind and a bit of cloud coverage, which made for perfect running weather. Not too hot, not too cool – a real treat for the end of August.

We returned home and Maddie continued to do laps of the living room while attacking squeaky toys (at least Derek was awake at this point) and I broke out the yoga mat for some push-ups, crunches, and a little stretching.

Breakfast involved a not-yet-ripe mango and the flax bread I purchased yesterday from Sunrise Bakery.

The mango was the only fruit we had in the house. It wasn’t terrible, but definitely not as juicy or sweet as I usually enjoy my mangos. I’m so impatient sometimes when it comes to ripening fruit.

I have a new blog for you to kill a couple of hours at work reading. Check out Pinstrosity. You’ll laugh, cry, and think to yourself “Yep, that’s probably would would happen to me if I attempted that. “

Screen shot 2012-08-28 at 10.03.46 AM.png

Enjoy! :)

1 Lauren @ Every Last Detail August 28, 2012 at 10:15 am

Oh my goodness, that site… hilarious!

2 Krissy @ Shiawase Life August 28, 2012 at 10:17 am

Hahah i am stoked to check out Pintrosity! Thanks for the find.

3 Kaitlyn - @runkaitrun August 28, 2012 at 10:44 am

i’m the same way – i will occasionally eat a semi green banana, or an unripe, hard pear. i always regret it afterwards, but will never learn.

4 Emily N August 28, 2012 at 11:18 am

There is another. Pintester. Similarly hilarious.

5 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 28, 2012 at 11:21 am

I’m super impatient for ripening fruit too. Though I’m pretty sure it goes from not ripe enough to way too soft over night…

6 Beth (Running with the Sunrise) August 28, 2012 at 11:22 am

I’m glad you had a good run with Maddie this morning. My dog does a similar thing when she’s excited–runs in big circles around the room. I guess that’s the herding dog in her. I hope you continue to avoid the nasty effects of the storm!

7 jennie August 28, 2012 at 12:21 pm

ive spent the past 2 hours at work reading this site. omg i love it lol

8 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale August 28, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Your snack looks delicious!! Are those cinnamon and walnuts that you’ve added?

TOTALLY right there with you on ripening impatience … (I’m generally an impatient person overall, but waiting for fruit to ripen when I just want to get it in my belly is EXCRUCIATING!!)

9 Meghann August 28, 2012 at 2:53 pm

It’s ground flax seed and walnuts.

10 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats August 28, 2012 at 12:44 pm

I’m the same way – I’m WAY too impatient to wait for fruit to ripen! I either only buy ripe fruit or eat it before it’s ready…

11 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions August 28, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Pinstrosity is fantastic, although it is kind of disappointing to know that everything on Pinterest will not work out as perfectly and simply as the pictures suggest. Such a bummer! Haha.

12 Meghann August 28, 2012 at 1:24 pm

The brillance of Pinstrosity is that it dissects what went wrong with the pinners failed attempts. About 9 times out of 10, it’s because they didn’t follow all of the directions.

13 Camille @ mtl-fitness August 28, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Hi!

I just spent almost an hour on Pinstrosity! It’s pretty funny :)

14 Stephanie August 28, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Enjoy the sun shining! I thought it was so strange seeing blue skies! :) A fellow blogger pointed out pinstrosity to me when I wrote about my pinwheel cookie fail. Some were quite hilarious and some were dangerous. On lady’s daughter cut up her body when they put glow sticks in the bathtub!

15 Meghann August 28, 2012 at 2:54 pm

I read that one! Broke my heart :(

16 Annette @FitnessPerks August 28, 2012 at 1:31 pm

HAH. I bet that’s a great site.

I too am pretty impatient when it comes to ripening fruit…. ;)

17 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 28, 2012 at 2:26 pm

You may have just given me my time-killing-at-the-library activity for the afternoon. :-)