more ยป" />

Safe and Sound

by Meghann on August 27, 2012

I made it back to Tampa in one piece. (that was more for my mom than anyone else ;) )

I waited until most of the bands had passed, then took my time driving across the state. Honestly, I’ve driven through worse. Our afternoon thunderstorms can get pretty crazy sometimes – they throw some of these tropical storm conditions out the window. There was some wind out there, but not a ton of rain – just gloomy skies and open roads.

I downloaded “Hunger Games” before I left. After having the books in my procession for months (and eventually having to return them to the owner), I figured I was more likely to listen to the books than read them. So far I’m a fan. I watched the movie last night with my dad and there were too many holes for my taste – I’m hoping that listening to the books will fill a few in. I’m only 2 hours in, but so far, so many things already make so much more sense. I’m going to have to watch the move again after I’m finish listening to the book – maybe I’ll have more of an appreciation for it?

I stopped at Starbucks on the way home and picked up a non-fat misto and a Raw bar.

Derek was in charge of dinner tonight.

He picked up soup from the Publix deli section (I requested their chili)

And I made a side plate of the flax bread, cheddar, pickles, and tomato.

He also bought ice cream. I had a scoop of the vanilla with walnuts and chocolate chunks.

I updated the wedding page! My wedding band came in last week – check out the final product.

And with that, it’s time for bed.

Good night!

1 Julianna @ Julianna Bananna August 27, 2012 at 10:22 pm

mmm your dinner looks so yummy!! and the i loved the hunger games – the books are so much better than the movie!
Julianna @ Julianna Bananna recently posted..shopping day.

2 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 27, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Cannot go wrong with Hunger Games – I loved the books and the movie!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Apparently, I Need a Lot of Stuff + Pepper Steak Recipe

3 Stephanie August 27, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Looks like a nice, simple meal after a long, weary drive!

4 Tara August 27, 2012 at 11:50 pm

Glad the weather treated you well for your drive home. By the way, what do you use to download books that you can listen in the car? Haven’t figured out a good way to do that. I have an hour commute each way, listening to books makes so much sense.
Tara recently posted..#photoadayaug weeks 2 & 3

5 Meghann August 28, 2012 at 9:24 am

I download the audiobooks to my ipod, I have an adapter in my car so I can hook my ipod up to my CD player. It’s probably the best invention ever. :)

6 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats August 28, 2012 at 5:43 am

I think the movie was more made for those who loved the book to re-live it rather than just a movie, which is probably why it doesn’t seem like a good movie. The books are great, I hope you like them!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..GOTR Coaches Training!

7 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin August 28, 2012 at 7:15 am

I’m glad you made it home safe! I hate driving in heavy rain – it scares me!

I bought the first Hunger Game book at the beginning of the summer but I still haven’t read it yet. I’ve been working my way through such a long list of other books I’ve wanted to read! It might be my next book though.
Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin recently posted..Getting my foodie on

8 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale August 28, 2012 at 7:23 am

Definitely LOVE the Hunger Games books, and was a pretty big fan of the movie (I found that it stuck truer to the story than Harry Potter, and each of the characters and scenes stayed true to what I had pictured in my mind while reading), but I agree with Katie — I think that it was more for the book-lovers to bring their mental adaptation to life. You’re definitely going to have to watch it again after you’ve finished the (audio)book.

Glad to hear you made it home safely!! :)
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..The Most Marvelous of MiMMs!

9 Emily N August 28, 2012 at 8:04 am

Glad you made it home safe. Keep us in the loop on any GOP sitings in Tampa. Not sure your political affiliation (because it doesn’t matter!) but the convention in town is exciting regardless! :)
Emily N recently posted..Columbus: Week 10 in Review

10 Meghann August 28, 2012 at 9:25 am

haha – I’ll try. My goal this week is to stay clear of South Tampa. I’m not sure if any of the GOP have it in them to travel to the ‘burbs. :)

11 Becky @ runfundone August 28, 2012 at 10:00 am

I love the Hunger Games! I just checked out an audio book from the library for the first time, I think it will be nice to have for driving!
Becky @ runfundone recently posted..The $20 Wonder