Once upon a baby shower…

by Meghann on August 26, 2012

Today was a happy day.

I drove to Orlando to celebrate the pending arrival of baby Lexi.

Hard to believe it’s been two years since I attended the wedding of Christie and Mat, or that they are now expecting their first baby. Where does the time go? I’m so happy for both of them. They are going to be wonderful parents, Lexi doesn’t know just how lucky she is. :)

It was almost like a mini-elementary-school reunion at the shower. Can you believe I’ve known some of these girls for 20+ years?!

Aimee was in the same kindergarten class with my brother, Christie and I met in sixth grade, Shannan and I go back to fifth grade, and Kira and I were both in Mrs. Perry’s kindergarten class. My pre-teen and teen years were filled with Friday night movie dates (where our parents dropped us off and we enjoyed a $1.25 slice of pizza before hand), sleep overs galore, shopping adventures, and so much more – all with this group of girls. They are my oldest group of friends and I only wish I got to see them more.

Now one of us is having a baby and our little group of girls is expanding as we eagerly welcome in one more.

The shower was lovely. Christie’s mom did a wonderful job putting the party together.

Love the spread of Publix party trays – you can NEVER go wrong with Publix party trays!

My plate (+more fruit)

The desserts!

I had some of the cookies that Shannan’s mom made – DELICIOUS!

There were games that involved baby food.

You had to try a bite, then guess what it was.

I was all set to partake, but after watching Mat take a bite, then seeing him immediately run to the sink, I politely declined. I’m not that adventurous.

Next, were melted candy bars.

I got all three right – Kit Kat, Twix and Reeses – BOOYAH! #CandyBarAddict

Present time!

Adorbs.

Loved this, too. Mat’s sister bought a few sizes so she has back-ups for when she outgrows the newborn size.

I bought a few outfits (+diapers!). Next time I need to dig out the arts and crafts – the personal gifts are always the ones that mean the most.

I can’t wait to meet little Lexi in October. She will be one well dressed, well loved kid.

Congrats Mat and Christie!

Since I was in their neck of the woods, I decided to drive to my parents’ house and crash for the night. Dad promised pork roast for dinner, and who am I to ever turn down dad’s home cooking?!

Oh, and there was a little surprise waiting at home.

IMG_0096.jpg

Meet the newest member of the Anderson household!

Details to come in the morning!

1 Ally August 26, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Wow– you and your family sure know how to replace them quickly……

2 Angela August 26, 2012 at 10:22 pm

People cope in different ways.

3 nicole August 26, 2012 at 10:24 pm

wow! that comment was extremely rude and uncalled for, good grief!

4 Tiffany August 26, 2012 at 10:20 pm

awww, that little pup is too cute! My sister’s family lost their dog in early june, and we had a new addition in just a few weeks…we couldn’t handle the quietness of no dog! We didn’t think of it as a replacement, but a new family member to love and spoil! I hope your family is already loving the new pup and enjoying it!

5 Meghan August 26, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Aw. Awesome new pup!!! I am all for people who know how to take care of animals; provide them with love, food, & shelter 100%. I wish more animal owners were like you’re parents!
Meghan recently posted..Goofy, really goofy…

6 Johnna August 26, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Oh my goodness what a beautiful puppy! I literally gasped when I saw him/ her. Congrats to your family and can’t wait to see more pictures!

7 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats August 26, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Awwwww a new puppy!!!! That’s wonderful! by the way your hair looks great!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Pump Some Iron

8 Marie August 26, 2012 at 10:38 pm

Awe, the pup looks so adorable; he is very blessed to become part of your family. Your hair looks awesome! I enjoyed your hair stylist post. I love my sylist; she is definitely worth it and knows how to make long hair fuller, etc. I love your cut and style!

9 Angie August 26, 2012 at 10:42 pm

Oh my goodness! What a cute boxer puppy. Boxers are the best!

10 Julianna @ Julianna Bananna August 26, 2012 at 10:46 pm

the puppy is SO CUTE!!
Julianna @ Julianna Bananna recently posted..shopping day.

11 Mathew August 26, 2012 at 11:51 pm

We’re glad you were able to make it. Thanks for coming Meghann!
Mathew recently posted..Flashback Friday: What it Doe?

12 Brit August 26, 2012 at 11:52 pm

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Congrats to you and your family on the new (totally adorable) pup! God, puppy eyes are the best, aren’t they?
Brit recently posted..There’s no place like home!

13 andrea August 27, 2012 at 12:32 am

Adorable puppy. LOVE your hair it looks great. And your dress where did you buy it???

14 Meghann August 27, 2012 at 10:38 am

The dress is from Old Navy circa December 2010 :)

15 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 27, 2012 at 12:52 am

What a cute little puppy!!! His face just makes my heart melt.
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Summer Bucket List – Completed!

16 Morgan August 27, 2012 at 6:02 am

He is cute! I hope he is a rescue, where did they get him?

17 Nicola August 27, 2012 at 3:41 pm

He’s from a breeder, her latest post says so.

18 Mary August 27, 2012 at 6:09 am

That dog!!! Look at those cute floppy ears! I remember when our dogs were that big… about 65 pounds ago :) I’m sure your parents will really enjoy spoiling this little pup just like Scoobs.
Mary recently posted..Run Raleigh Half Marathon Race Recap

19 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 27, 2012 at 7:24 am

I love Boxers’ sad eyes – seriously, so stinkin cute!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..mia’s first birthday

20 Sara@RunningInPinkProject August 27, 2012 at 7:55 am

Awwwww what a sweet little new pup!!! Ive always told my husband when one day, someday, I end up losing my beloved shih-tzu I will need another puppy fairly soon or I KNOW Ill never want another dog as long as I live. Sometimes having that love back in the home is the only way to get past the grieving process.
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..That Awkward Moment On The Trail When….

21 Emily N August 27, 2012 at 10:01 am

Oh my gosh! He (she?) is SO CUTE! I love boxers. My sister used to have one named Killian (oh yes, college house dog = beer name!)
Emily N recently posted..1 Year Today

22 Elisabeth August 27, 2012 at 11:23 am

Awwwwwwwww! I’ve been wondering if your parents would be bringing a new doggy.home ;)

23 Cate August 27, 2012 at 11:30 am

Oh. My. Gosh. That puppy. I die. SO CUTE!

24 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 27, 2012 at 1:04 pm

That is a good looking puppy!

I’ve never played the melted candy bar game, but I feel like I’d rock it. I know my chocolate. :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Clean It Up Week.

25 Laura August 27, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Hey, hey there puppy! Welcome :) Glad your parents have a new frisky bundle of joy!

26 Anne Weber-Falk August 27, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Personalize something useful. I love the stamped or painted onesies and t-shirts. Socks are cute too. I liked the special art pieces for my baby but I really NEEDED the onesies and socks and other clothes.

27 kim@hungryhealthygirl August 27, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Baby showers are such fun! That is so neat that you are still close friends with all of your childhood friends. Cute puppy…can’t wait to hear all about him/her!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..The first day of school is Marvelous?!?!?!