more ยป" />

Not my week

by Meghann on August 24, 2012

Is it the weekend yet? I can’t seem to catch a break today/this week.

First of all, thank you for sending all of your happy thoughts our friend’s way. I’m happy to report the friend is stable and doing well. She still needs happy thoughts, but the scariest stuff is over. (that’s my good news of the day)

Second of all (and this just seems so petty and pointless compared to the good news above), but I’ve decided the scanner/computer at FedEx and I are not friends.

Let me explain.

My scanner/printer broke a couple of weeks ago. I was hoping it would magically fix itself, but that was wishful thinking on my part (though how cool would it be if printers fixed themselves?!). I had a document that had to be printed, signed, and scanned today, but since I didn’t have it in to me buy a new scanner/copier just yet, I thought it would be easier to go to FedEx and take care of it in 5 minutes or less.

I was wrong.

I printed the document, signed it, and sat down at one of the FedEx computers with a scanner attached (keep in mind using the computers costs you roughly $.30 a minute). Scanning the document wasn’t a problem, it was trying to save it to my USB device that was the issue. It. Would. Not. Save. I tried everything, but no dice. Finally, I gave up and took screenshots of the scanned image to at least prove I was *this close* to making it happen.

Untitled1.png

(blurred out for privacy reasons)

$10 later ( about 1/5 of what a new scanner probably would have cost :/) I walked away from the computer. That $0.30 a minute adds up fast.

I also took a photo of the signed documents, but unfortunately neither were acceptable. Luckily my contact was super sweet (and probably sensed the frustration in my emails) and gave me an extension until Monday.

I think all the emotions from the week caught up to me and I decided to let myself have a good cry once I made it back to the car. I was working myself up over something that was so pointless in the grand scheme of things. I’ll worry about the printer/scanner on Monday – this weekend, my plan is to relax. Only happy thoughts allowed. And puppy snuggles. Lots of Maddie puppy snuggles.

Wait. I do have some more good news from today.

My lunch time experiment was a success.

Leftover chicken burger quesadilla with goat cheese and arugula.

I pressed everything in the george foreman. It was very, very tasty!

Fresh avocado with kosher salt on the side.

I have plans with some out of town friends tonight. A good cocktail is certainly in order.

Have a great weekend.

1 Kate August 24, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Sorry you’ve had a rough week, I hope you enjoy tonight! Sometimes when life seems rough I try to think about perspective and how much I have to be grateful for. In the grand scheme of things, I should never complain, ever. Love this quote: It is not happy people who are thankful. It is thankful people who are happy.

2 Lauren August 24, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Sorry about your rough week but lunch does look delicious. Let the tiny specs of good outweigh the bad. Have an extra cocktail for me. I’m running a 25k trail run tomorrow and the last thing I need is a cocktail (but the first thing I’ll want post race ;) Hope your weekend turns your week around!

3 Lauren August 24, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Oh, and thanks to Kate for the awesome quote. Definitely s good reminder!

4 RunInBoise August 24, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Have fun with your friends this weekend. Seems like it will be very much welcomed.

5 Silvia @ skinny jeans food August 24, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Sorry about the rough week — hope the baby of your friend is also ok, although likely in an incubator.

Sometimes, the perfect storm (of life) just aligns and it comes from all directions to knock us down. Lots of Maddie snuggles and a dinner cooked by Derek (or ordered out). :-)

6 Alexandra August 24, 2012 at 5:52 pm

scanners are so frustrating!

wishful thinking on my PART, not “heart.”

7 Victoria (District Chocoholic) August 24, 2012 at 6:12 pm

Boo rough week. ((hugs))

8 Kashi @ Cape Island Runners August 24, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Ugh, that is the worst! I have def had those moments – it is something so small but can really drive you off the cliff, esp when emotions are already running high. I agree, the best thing is to walk away until Mon, give yourself a chance to unwind and snuggle with the almost hubby and puppy. Have a good one!

9 Lauren August 24, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Oh no!

For future reference, I use an app on my phone called CamScanner – it takes a picture and turns it into a perfect pdf, no scanner required.

10 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats August 24, 2012 at 6:49 pm

I how you have a fun and relaxing weekend!!! You certainly deserve it after everything you’ve been through!

11 Annette @FitnessPerks August 24, 2012 at 6:56 pm

I too hope you have a great weekend despite the setbacks & unfun stuff you’ve gone through. Enjoy the relaxing time away from work!!

12 Meghan August 24, 2012 at 8:48 pm

George Foreman makes the best pressed wraps or sandys! They are so great and warmed through! A good stiff drink

13 Meghan August 24, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Oops. Meaning to say, A good stiff drink is all you need to relax. That and your two best friends. The dog & the BF.

14 Amy August 24, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Next time try the library. It’ll be free to use the scanner (most have them) and you can save it to your usb.

15 Elisabeth August 25, 2012 at 12:16 am

It is definitely not your week! This might not have been a major problem in the grand scheme of things, but sometimes a minor thing is just enough to push you over the edge… Hope you have a RELAXING weekend :)

16 Amanda August 25, 2012 at 8:55 am

I’m sorry your week has been so rough :(

Puppy snuggles make everything better :)

Where did you find that cute doggy bed Maddie is laying in?

17 Becky August 25, 2012 at 12:27 pm

I have an app called “Turbo Scan” for my cell phone that’s saved my butt at work so many times when the scanner goes down. It takes a picture of your document (taken on your camera phone) and converts it into a pdf which can be sent directly to your email. It’s a lifesaver. Doesn’t solve your printing problem but great for situations like this in a pinch :)