Ella’s

by Meghann on August 22, 2012

Swim practice was canceled tonight – a fact that I was not sad about. A majority of our group was still playing catch up from competing at Nationals this weekend in Vermont ( can you believe they road tripped it there from Tampa? they are hardcore) and the rain that started coming down at 10:00am, was still going strong at 5:00pm. It was a lethal combination of “this is soooo not happening.”

Instead of practice, Marcus suggested a few of us get together for dinner for a round of catch up. Sounded like a plan to me. I suggested we check Ella’s out and met the group around 7 for dinner.

Love Ella’s. Great food, great drinks, and a great laid back atmosphere that always makes you feel welcomed. We were seated right away and I followed Marcus’s lead by ordering a spicy watermelon tequila drink that resembled a tequila in ingredients and looks, but not in taste.

IMG_9675.jpg

I wasn’t a fan. It was too sweet for me and missing something that I couldn’t quite put my finger on. Marcus, however, loved it.

I ended up sending the drink back and ordering a house cab instead. Much better.

IMG_9681.jpg

Bread with yummy garlic butter was enjoyed with the drinks.

Ella’s menu has a little bit of everything ( definitely a crowd pleaser restaurant). Mary and I decided to split a salad and a pizza since the ones we saw pass us looked delicious.

Salad

The Southern Spring Salad was delicious, but a little heavy on the sweet side. I needed something salty (bacon?) to balance it out.

Pizza

Excellent choice. The pizza was rich, but sooo delicious. I like that the egg was subtle and covered in cheese. The bacon was also a nice addition. Yum.

We had both stuffed ourselves with bread and salad, so we could only manage on slice of pizza each – leftovers!

Awesome night out with my girls (+ Marcus!)

488215_10102206853594553_1705598430_n.jpeg

Group hugs :)

I miss Team XP – can’t wait for practice on Friday!

For now I’m ready for bed. Good night!

p.s. I updated the wedding page – check out our dilemma on the first song.

1 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 22, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Eggs on a pizza – I’ve been seeing that around for a while but still have yet to try it!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Buttercream, Why Can’t I Resist You?

2 Amy @ What Jew Wanna Eat August 22, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Yum that pizza looks awesome! I think you could recreate it :)
Amy @ What Jew Wanna Eat recently posted..Giveaway: Geltfiend Hanukkah Sweater!!

3 Laura August 23, 2012 at 12:16 am

You’ve really got me interested in this swim team thing. Haven’t done it since highschool. I’m looking into joining one in my area! :)

4 Emily N August 23, 2012 at 10:45 am

Yum. The food there looks awesome. Seriously.
Emily N recently posted..Tempo/Track Thursday

5 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats August 23, 2012 at 11:43 am

Oooo that pizza does look good! And I hate when I order a fun drink and I’m disappointed, I never thought to send it back though! I should do that in the future, or at least ask!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

6 Meghann August 23, 2012 at 4:47 pm

I never thought about it either. The people at my table encouraged me to ask and the server was super nice about it. He even asked what specifically I didn’t like about the drink just to make sure there was nothing wrong with the actual drink, just my preference with expecting it to be something else and ended up with something totally different.

7 Sarah August 23, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Ella’s is one of my favorite restaurants in Tampa. They always come up with the most delicious flavor combinations for their hummus!
Sarah recently posted..Healthy Indulgence – Roasted Banana Protein Cinnamon Rolls

8 Meghann August 23, 2012 at 12:46 pm

They do! I forget what they had last night, but it sounded delicious and I should have spoken up in my group and suggested we try it.

9 PaigeP August 23, 2012 at 2:06 pm

You can send a drink back? Never heard of that before!
PaigeP recently posted..Scholars Run and School Bells