Will Blog for Wine

by Meghann on August 20, 2012

After a awesome day of sessions, my roommate, Mary, and I were very excited to discover two bottles of complimentary wine had been delivered to our room. Ummm…. yes, please!

405562_10102195781712693_1058959170_n.jpeg

Thank you, Hyatt Regency Cambridge, for being hotel rockstars. Seriously, I can not rave about this hotel enough – awesome staff, great location, good food, and they treat everyone like kings and queens. I can’t wait to work with another Hyatt again!

We cracked open the bottles of wine and immediately invited a few friends up to share.

Thus why our room was dubbed “the party room.” I’m digging it.

We like to leave the Saturday night open on the Healthy Living Summit agenda, so attendees can disperse and eat out with friends, explore the city, decompress from session overload, or really do what ever they want. I think it’s a nice little breather before the closing 5k and breakfast in the morning.

Chobani invited a group of us out for a yogurt-themed dinner at evoo.

Fancy. Schmancy.

The whole menu was yogurt-themed and all the fresh ingredients were from local farms. I loved how they included the sources of our meal on the left side of the menu.

Bloggers, bloggers everywhere!

We started with some crusty spread and smelly cheese. (I love smelly cheese – the smellier, the better!)

And drinks! I ordered the jalapeno margarita. It was served with a salted rim and fresh jalapenos diced inside. It was spicy and delicious.

Cheers!

IMG_9559.jpg

First course: Heirloom Tomatoes, Yogurt Gelee, Spearmint, Basil, EVOO, and Salt

I think this was my favorite dish of the night. I enjoyed the variety of tomatoes and how fresh the dish was (I’m pretty sure I have the basil and spearmint to thank for that). I also enjoyed the yogurt gelee, what a fun twist on the classic caprese salad combination.

Second course: Lobster-Vanilla Yogurt Succotash

Now, you know me, and you know I love interesting flavor combinations (especially sweet and savory combos), but I couldn’t get in to the vanilla flavoring in this dish. They didn’t enhance the vanilla flavoring by adding any sweetness to it so it was just odd. I’d say this was my least favorite course of the evening.

Main course: Seared Yogurt & Spice Sous Vide Lamb Loin with Crisp Eggplant and Raita.

This was good. Very simple and not too crazy.

Dessert: Nectarine-Basil Crisp with Frozen Berry Yogurt

I <3 dessert! The frozen yogurt melted into the crisp and made a delicious soupy, fruity mess. I’m pretty sure I cleaned the bowl.

The chef came out to check on us and explained a little about what went into creating the menu. He shared that the lobster succotash was the most difficult to make since yogurt separates when it’s heated. His trick was cooling the dish down a tad before adding the yogurt and serving immediately after.

It was fun to finally meat Emily of Chobani. We’ve been emailing back and forth for years (since Chobani was still a baby! and now they’re all grown up and sponsoring the Olympics <- I’m so proud!), but this was my first time putting her name with a face. 🙂

It was also great having a chance to hang out with these lovely ladies! Group hugs all around!

409593_3274250029901_1802448264_n.jpeg

We made it back to the hotel and my roommate had a surprise waiting for me.

Peanut butter cannoli from Mike’s Pastries?!?! I think I scored the roommate lottery!

I could only manage a couple of bites since I was so stuffed from dinner, but – holy cow! – that baby was GOOD!!! I didn’t even know they made peanut butter cannolis, I would happily fly back up to Boston right now just to have another one. Yum. Yum. and Yum!

We had a few cannoli lovers over to partake in cannoli eating, then we called it an early night – we still had one more day of HLS ahead of us, and we wanted to make sure we got our beauty rest in. 😉

1 Merideth August 20, 2012 at 11:56 am

Mike’s Pastry is simply amazing! It was one of the best parts of my trip to Boston last fall!

2 Ash Bear August 20, 2012 at 12:30 pm

SUch a fun evening! THanks for including us in the party room!
Ash Bear recently posted..Healthy Living Summit Day #2

3 Cate August 20, 2012 at 12:44 pm

The people at Chobani are the best, right?! So nice and friendly. It is amazing how far they have come in five years. They had one of those dinners here in Chicago in July and it was awesome. Your dinner looks like it was delicious and fun too!
Cate recently posted..Back to Beaufort

4 Kathy August 20, 2012 at 1:19 pm

I knew I loved Chobani but now I love it more…how great was that?!

Glad to hear HLS is open to all and even changes locations…pls. advertise lots ahead of time next year …I want all the details to plan my vacay…(praying it will work out of course…;-)

5 Erin August 20, 2012 at 1:20 pm

I love Mike’s Pastries. I always have to stop there while I’m in Boston! The Peanut Butter Brownie is to die for!

6 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 20, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I just discovered how awesome cannoli’s are a few months ago – a peanut butter version would be incredible.

And that jalapeño margarita – I’d be all over that.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..That Could Lead to Some Jitters.

7 Annette @FitnessPerks August 20, 2012 at 1:33 pm

I totally would love to meet some of the people from Chobani–they seem like such an amazing company & with great people!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..How To Get What You Want

8 Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) August 20, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Loved seeing all the snapshots on instagram from the Chobani dinner- amazing!! Wish I could have been with all of y’all! Glad it was a blast 🙂 GREAT JOB!
Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..What I Learned this Weekend

9 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile August 20, 2012 at 2:18 pm

That was such a great night! Loved hanging out with all of you 😀
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Chobani Dinner

10 Meghann August 20, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Loved hanging out with you too! I wish we had a chance to hang out more!

11 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats August 20, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I was a little sad I want invited to the Chobani dinner, but I got to go in Chicago! Haha someone else’s turn! And I like that you all left the evening open, I had a great time meeting bloggers I hadn’t gotten to talk with and hanging out with some of those crossfit guys, I am really going to try and take a class now!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..HLS–Post 2

12 Meghann August 20, 2012 at 6:00 pm

This was my first Chobani dinner, so I was very excited! I’m sad I missed out on dinner with the Crossfit guys! We were super jealous of those photos coming through instagram.

13 Emily N August 20, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Looks like another great day in Boston!
Emily N recently posted..A Lonely Weekend and the Z-Man!

14 kathleen @ fittitudefreedom August 20, 2012 at 5:14 pm

The food & drinks looks amazing. What does one have to do to get an invite to one of those private get togethers? Please count me in next year.. will work & sweat for good food & beverage.
kathleen @ fittitudefreedom recently posted..The Bronzed Foot

15 [email protected] August 20, 2012 at 8:01 pm

All these food photos are killing me! What a fun looking weekend!!!
[email protected] recently posted..Friends “4 Eva”

16 Amy August 21, 2012 at 10:09 am

Thanks for joining us! So glad you could come. It sure was a great group of ladies, huh? You all rock. 🙂

Amy
@Chobani

17 adventureswithben August 26, 2012 at 8:52 pm

So jealous you had Mike’s Pastries… Loved them when I was growing up in Boston!
adventureswithben recently posted..A Striking Blue House in Dawson City, Canada: Daily Travel Photo