Where Everybody Knows Your Name

by Meghann on August 17, 2012

Good Mornnnniiiinnnngggg Boston!

376693_10102192421262063_1689032720_n.jpeg

I’m rooming with my friend Mary this weekend. She arrived late last night and had 20 miles(!!) on her schedule for this morning (she’s training for Chicago). I’m no where near capable of running 20 miles at the moment, but I did agree to run some of the city with her. (I <3 running when traveling!)

We took off from the hotel sometime around 7:30 and I covered 6 miles with her. The hotel is right on the river and very accessible to the awesome running path along the Charles River. We took the path into the city and did a loop of around Boston Common before taking a cheesy tourist photo in front of the original Cheers. (We asked a man to take a photo and his wife goes, “Oh, they’re tourist.” Yes we are ;) )

This is only my second time visiting Boston, so it was fun to have a min refresher tour of the city by foot.

We looped back around and Mary dropped me off at hotel somewhere around mile 6.5 before finishing the rest of the miles she had on deck. I took a quick shower and decided to just order breakfast to-go and bring it back to my room. I picked up this lady along the way.

Hi Amy! The hotel is starting to fill up with HLS attendees – it’s getting exciting!!

I ordered the zucchini frittata with wheat toast.

It was good, but definitely heavy on the cheese.

I also polished off the grapes from our fruit basket.

Alright, T-minus 3 hours before the official kick off!!!

Wish us luck!

1 Julianna @ Julianna Bananna August 17, 2012 at 11:58 am

can’t wait to hear how everything goes!! wish i was in Boston right now!!
Julianna @ Julianna Bananna recently posted..Day Off. {Smoothie Mission Recipe #1!}

2 Brian J August 17, 2012 at 12:10 pm

I believe the saying goes something like…you know you’re from Boston if you’ve never been to Cheers and you know that it’s not actually called Cheers…Well it is now for tourist purposes.

3 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats August 17, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Boarding my connecting flight to Boston right now!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Heading to HLS!

4 Annette @FitnessPerks August 17, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Wahoo!! That is so fun :) Enjoy it–can’t wait to see pics & recaps!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Friday Musings (Part II)

5 Nik August 17, 2012 at 1:01 pm

The cheers song is actually “where everybody knows your name” ;)

6 Chloe (In Fine Feather) August 17, 2012 at 1:08 pm

It’s great you were able to fit in a run in the midst of all the HLS craziness! Exercise definitely keeps me sane & helps me lower my stress levels, and I’m sure your morning run will help you get thru this weekend a little bit more easily :)
Chloe (In Fine Feather) recently posted..All I Want

7 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 17, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Wish I was there!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Maybe, Just Maybe I’ll Be a Morning Person.

8 Kathy August 17, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Love the tourist comment…have fun!

9 Cindy August 17, 2012 at 1:47 pm

I wish I was back in Boston now, just for HLS!
Cindy recently posted..What’s your favourite recipe?

10 SkinnyRunner August 17, 2012 at 2:34 pm

man i wanna be in boston right now doing all the totally touristy stuff. need to dust off my fanny pack…
SkinnyRunner recently posted..The most ridiculous move in the world

11 Anne @strawberryjampackedlife August 17, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Dang, I just moved from Boston to Knoxville a month ago. I miss that Charles River running path! For my half marathon training, I could hop on it near my house in Watertown, or park in Cambridge and run to the Esplanade and back. Sigh . . . I miss it.
Anne @strawberryjampackedlife recently posted..An Announcement!

12 Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut August 17, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Have fun! Looks like you’re off to a good start with that zucchini frittata–YUM!

13 Courtney August 17, 2012 at 3:43 pm

How fun! I wish I were there, too!
Courtney recently posted..BIG News!

14 Beth (Running with the Sunrise) August 17, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Your morning run sounds like it was a lot of fun. Running is the best way to explore new cities. Good luck with your conference! :)
Beth (Running with the Sunrise) recently posted..Links, Week of August 13

15 Seeking Amy August 19, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Thanks for hanging out with me! This weekend was so fun!
Seeking Amy recently posted..From Steel City to London Gold