I’m on a plane!

by Meghann on August 16, 2012

I’m on a plane!

And hopefully, by the time we land and this post goes up, I’ll be in Boston!

This morning started early, 4:30am early – ouch. Surprisingly I didn’t have a problem springing out of bed with my alarm (my first alarm, I had three set just in case). I’ll blame the full-on adrenaline currently pumping through my veins for that one.

Derek dropped me off at the airport at 5:30 for my 7:10 flight, and I was done checking-in and through security before 5:45 (have I mentioned how much I love Tampa’s airport, yet?). Actually the line for Starbucks was longer than the line to check-in or security. Luckily, I had plenty of time to spare.

My airport breakfast consisted of Starbuck’s perfect oatmeal

with all the fixins’

non-fat misto with dark roast

and a peach I brought from home

So far everything is on time and looking good. We boarded and took off without a problem and, I guess it’s safe to assume that if this posts, we landed safely in Boston (no onboard wifi to post before hand).

And since I have some time to kill, I thought it would be fun to discuss some of the running/cycling theme commercials that have made me smile recently.

AT&T – Ryan Hall

First of all – LOVE listening to books while I run. Not sure if I could finish all of Odyssey on my next casual run (HA!), but I could totally connect with this commercial as a runner who has gone through several books through various training cycles (just finished Great Gatsby, currently listening to Shoe Addicts Anonymous). Great job on catching my attention, AT&T.

Miller64 – Living the Dream

I feel like there’s a huge movement of running groups that are either sponsored by a local bar or start their runs at local bars. This commercials always makes me think of those running groups. I’ve also run my share of bar-sponsored races (Oldsmar Tap Hour 5K comes to mind first) and it’s not unusual to have a beer offered at the finish line of a major race. In fact, it’s common for most race bibs to have a free beer ticket attached to the bottom. Beer and running go hand-in-hand.

Suburu – Moral Suppot

The first time this commercial came on Derek goes “look, baby – it’s us.” He was right the whole concept of the husband/boyfriend fan supporting his other half while she races, is totally us. This is actually one of my favorite commercials lately because it’s so sweet and relatable.

Are there any running/cycling related commercials you’ve seen lately that I’m missing? Share the links below!

1 Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep August 16, 2012 at 10:33 am

Awww… that Subaru commercial is so sweet! Love it!

Wish I could be at HLS this year. Good luck and have fun!
Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep recently posted..Week One Results

2 Lindsey August 16, 2012 at 10:36 am

Love the Moral Support commercial! That’s totally me and my boyfriend as well (he calls himself my athletic supporter). He doesn’t race, but he’s been at every single one of the races (at least the finish line) I’ve competed in in the time we’ve been together. It’s amazing to have a friendly face at the finish line. Love him…
Lindsey recently posted..Checking on my Rocketchix goals

3 Kristy @ Kristy's Health Revolution August 16, 2012 at 10:47 am

Hands down, my favorite running commercial of all time:

Nike Free’s “I would run to you” — not a new one (I think it came out last fall), but it still makes me giggle and tear up when I watch it. LOVE!
Kristy @ Kristy’s Health Revolution recently posted..Making do with what I have…

4 Holly August 16, 2012 at 11:06 am

I liked Nike’s commercial during the Olympic, Find Your Greatness (I think that is what it was called), that featured the overweight teenager and gave the message: We can all do this.

5 Amanda August 16, 2012 at 11:11 am
6 Kayla @ Keep Moving Forward August 16, 2012 at 11:30 am

I hadn’t seen that Subaru commercial before but I lOVE it! So perfect, my husband is the same way.. not to mention he would have pizza at the end of the race too! :)
Kayla @ Keep Moving Forward recently posted..5K Race Tips

7 Annette @FitnessPerks August 16, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Have fun in Boston!!!! <3
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Simple Protein-Packed Pancake

8 Kathy August 16, 2012 at 12:18 pm

OH MY GOODNESS! I hadn’t seen that Subaru commercial and it actually made me tear up! Goodness, I must be hormonal!! My next car may just be a Subaru….LOVED IT…THANKS for sharing that!!

(Wish I was on a plane too) ;-)

9 Sana August 16, 2012 at 12:52 pm

The non-fat misto is my fav drink to get at SB!
Sana recently posted..8:03

10 Julianna @ Julianna Bananna August 16, 2012 at 12:53 pm

can’t wait to hear how everything goes in Boston!!

your starbucks oatmeal looks really good – the few times i’ve gotten it it’s been way too runny.
Julianna @ Julianna Bananna recently posted..Day Off. {Smoothie Mission Recipe #1!}

11 Odette August 16, 2012 at 12:55 pm

You will love this one too Megan!

Have a good trip!

12 Odette August 16, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Wrong link!!

Here it is…

Odette recently posted..On God.

13 Doc (The Healthy Ph.D) August 16, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Love the subaru ad. Here’s one that I saw during Tour de France that really stuck with me. Title: Four flats and a pink snoball

14 Jen Correa @ Mom's Gotta Run August 16, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Hope you had a good flight! See you in Boston tomorrow!@ :) Can’t wait!
Jen Correa @ Mom’s Gotta Run recently posted..Vacation Wrap Up & Hubby’s Kick in the Butt

15 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama August 16, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Awwwww! I have never seen the Subaru commercial before. So cute!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..ENERGYbits Review

16 Jessica August 16, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Haha that’s cute. This is the one my future hubs says is us: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iozZTJB2XOw&playnext=1&list=PLEC6D53844258AF58&feature=results_main
Jessica recently posted..Confession

17 Cait @ Cait Strides August 16, 2012 at 2:28 pm

That last commercial is awesome. I can’t believe I’ve never seen it!
Cait @ Cait Strides recently posted..Abusing the Taper

18 CampingGirl August 16, 2012 at 3:04 pm

I’ve just started listening to podcasts during my walk/runs and I love them!
CampingGirl recently posted..Forgot the Best Part!!

19 Stephanie @ My Freckled Life August 16, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Funny story, but apparently my fiance has a striking resemblence to Ryan Hall. To the point that he’s probably gotten at least 20+ calls, texts and facebook messages from friends asking if a) he’s in a commercial of b) “Do you know that you look JUST like that runner from the AT&T commercial???” We now joke that it’s the “Chris” commercial every time it comes on.
Stephanie @ My Freckled Life recently posted..WI(WI)AW

20 Meghan August 16, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Good luck this weekend! I may have to start flying jetBlue, their planes look fresh and updates and who doesn’t love a mini screen on the back of someone else’s head!
Meghan recently posted..5 Run + 3 Walk = 8?

21 Cara @ I Don't Believe in Diets August 16, 2012 at 6:12 pm

I love those starbucks oatmeals on the go. Good luck on your trip!
Cara @ I Don’t Believe in Diets recently posted..July 5, 2012 – Evening Workouts Are Hard

22 char eats greens August 16, 2012 at 6:39 pm

That last commercial you posted could seriously make me cry. Love it!! Especially with the pizza box ‘I love you’ at the end. I haven’t watched TV in a while, but I love a good commercial. Thanks for sharing ;)
char eats greens recently posted..hips don’t lie

23 Elisabeth August 16, 2012 at 7:24 pm

I LOVE that Ryan Hall commercial, too! And I love the Great Gatsby – one of my favorite required reading books from high school (along with Pride & Prejudice, Hamlet, Julius Caesar, The Catcher in the Rye and To Kill a Mockingbird – can you tell I like to read? Ha!). :)

24 Laura @ sweatingforit August 16, 2012 at 10:29 pm

I posted the AT&T one on my blog too because I loved it so much. The moral support one reminds me of my husband too because he is always so supportive of me when I race, even if I am at the back of the pack!
Laura @ sweatingforit recently posted..When to cut yourself a break…

25 Caitlin August 17, 2012 at 10:11 am

I had seen the first commercial, but not the other two. I love the yoga bit in the beer commercial- ’cause it’s so true. The Subaru one made me tear up in the end. I’m lame. Ha.