more ยป" />

Wedding: Suit Deal

by Meghann on August 15, 2012

It’s official! We ordered all of the suits for our wedding and they should be here sometime in the next week. Let’s mark that task as done and done – woo hoo!

Finding the suits for the groom and groomsmen turned out to be a far easier task than I originally thought it would be. A lot of that credit is owed to the WONDERFUL team at Jos. A. Bank at The Shops at Wiregrass. They’re the ones who made the whole shopping experience a breeze and were willing to work with us to find the best possible deal. Seriously, they rock.

790_storefront.jpeg

Ok, where did I leave off in my last post about suits? Oh, yes – we had decided that tuxes were not our thing and were willing to put a little extra effort into finding suits for our wedding. Our goal was to find an option that was relatively equal in price (or less) as a tux rental would be (which, on average, run about $150 a pop).

We envisioned some sort of tan linen suit, but were more sold on the tan color over the linen fabric.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks later. Derek and I were at The Shops at Wiregrass for one of his co-worker’s baby showers and I decided to bring him into Jos. A. Bank to see what suits they had. A lot of folks had recommended Jos. A. Bank for their killer sales (buy one, get two free ring a bell?), so I thought it would be smart to go in and check out the options. We wanted to be prepared for when a sale did pop up.

After a few minutes of the two of us looking painfully lost, a super helpful sales associate (Brandi Ciszek <- in case anyone from corporate is reading this) asked if we needed any help. Ummm…. yes, please! We then launched into the details of what we were looking for (tan suits for our wedding party) and how we were currently browsing for the best deals. Since we were still 5 months out, we knew we had the time to wait it out for the next big sale.

She informed us that couples come in all the time looking for suits for a wedding, and agreed waiting for the buy one, get two sale was the way to go. The sale pops up every couple of months, and they usually have no way of knowing when it’s coming. She then started showing us a few options before we landed on a tan suit that caught both mine and Derek’s attention.

Screen shot 2012-08-15 at 1.33.40 PM.png

We liked the color, we liked the feel, we liked the look, and we liked the price. Winner.

This whole time we had been calculating numbers for “if” and “when” a buy one, get two sale would come along. The sales manager had overheard us going over our numbers and the fact we were waiting for the sale the make the purchase. I think she also heard us say that we would be buying all 7 suits (groom + 4 groomsmen + 2 dads) at once since our groomsmen are spread across the country (only one actually lives in Tampa). She came over and decided to make us a deal. If we bought all of the suits at once – she would give us 70% off our total purchase. Basically, that’s the buy one, get two sale price without having to wait for the sale. SOLD!

We left the store giddy with excitement and vowed to return the next week with all of the suit sizes. Of course, trying to get suit sizes out of seven different guys became a bigger challenge than we participated. What? You mean not all guys know their suit size off the top of their head? Weird. ๐Ÿ˜‰

It took us a couple of weeks to gather them and, when we returned this past Sunday, we stumbled upon something amazing – the buy one, get two sale was happening. What are the odds?

Turns out the buy one, get two sale was just a tad bit cheaper than 70% off – even better! Our amazing sales associate (again, that’s super-employee Brandi Ciszek) was able to work with us and we managed to purchase six of the suits for the buy one, get two free sale AND scored the seventh at the 70% discount we were promised. When all was said and done, each suit came to a grand total of $100 each!!!!!

20120812_160948.jpg

Even better, the sales manager offered the same 70% discount to anything in the store. We bought ties for all of the groomsmen, plus the two dads (we’re presenting them as gifts during the rehearsal dinner and plan to keep the design we picked a secret until then), and plan to go back for shirts when the suits come in.

Again, I can not stop raving about the Jos. A. Bank team and how wonderful they were to work with. We were in the store for 2 hours on Sunday finalizing everything and they never lost their smiles or tried to rush us out. If you are looking for a store that’s willing to work on cutting a great deal on suits for a wedding party, I can not recommend Jos. A. Bank enough. They’re not paying me to say this and they didn’t cut me a deal because I have a blog (they have no clue that I even write one), they’re just a great company that I would be more than happy to use again in the future. ๐Ÿ™‚

1 Katie August 15, 2012 at 2:20 pm

My wedding is not until next fall but that’s exactly what I’m looking to do for the guys’ suits! It’s a huge help to see someone go through it with a great experience!
Katie recently posted..Wedding Wednesday โ€“ I need your help!

2 Sandy August 15, 2012 at 2:59 pm

What a great deal and it is always a great experience when things flow so smoothly! Glad that your wedding planning is going so well and that you are having such a great time with it.

3 Amanda August 15, 2012 at 3:00 pm

This is great information — thank you so much for sharing! We’re currently searching for grey suits for all of the guys and it’s been impossible! I am definitely going to go and check this place out and see if we can score the same kind of deal that you did – that’s way better than paying$150 or more to just rent them!
Amanda recently posted..Wedding: Rings and Suits

4 allison @ thesundayflog August 15, 2012 at 3:53 pm

ummmmmm amazing. we want grey suits, and it didn’t even occur to me to buy them! that is way smarter than spending more money to return it the next day! i should get a jump on that! (what, im only 14 months away… haha)
allison @ thesundayflog recently posted..From the Kitchen: Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with Cinnamon Chips

5 BroccoliHut August 15, 2012 at 6:23 pm

I am a big fan of Jos. A Bank now too! We decided to rent tuxes for all the groomsmen + dads, and they made the process so easy and affordable.
I love the suit you chose–very elegant but comfortable too.
BroccoliHut recently posted..Wedding Wednesday: Engagement Photos

6 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy August 15, 2012 at 8:58 pm

We rented our tuxes from Jos.A.Bank and we were not thrilled with our customer service — half of the guys tuxes didn’t fit and they wouldn’t switch them out for us like they were supposed to (they went a few days early to try them on)! I’m glad that you had better service!! Suits are a good idea, because they can wear them again!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Photo An Hour

7 Sloane @ Life Food and Beer August 15, 2012 at 9:56 pm

I really think we are having the same wedding. ๐Ÿ™‚ Same style anyways. And I just sent out emails for the Jos. A Banks deal. That is almost cheaper than renting suits. Thanks for the post!!
Sloane @ Life Food and Beer recently posted..Is that an Oyster in my Beer??

8 deva by definition August 15, 2012 at 10:06 pm

I totally just yelled into The Boy that we’re going to need to watch Jos. A Bank like a HAWK for this sale! We are getting married next May and want to buy suits, too. His suit from college is too small and we want light weight black ones :-).
deva by definition recently posted..First Attempts at Gardening

9 Elisabeth August 15, 2012 at 11:06 pm

That is awesome! I love the idea of suits vs. tuxes and I love those ties ๐Ÿ™‚

10 Kim August 16, 2012 at 6:33 pm

That’s a great idea to get a nice suit for the groomsmen – assuming they are young like you & Derek, they might be rewearing it to a couple more weddings in the future, or any other work event that calls for a suit, and khaki is a nice neutral color for Florida – way to go! ๐Ÿ™‚ Our groomsmen wore khaki cargo shorts & white button down short-sleeved tops (my hubby wore the fancier linen version of that), they all had on sunglasses & looked like hot Abercrombie models on the sand ๐Ÿ˜‰ The groomsman gifts were camping coolers filled with booze & adult mags, all class.

11 Stacy August 19, 2012 at 4:32 pm

We are getting married exactly 6 months after you (July 5), caught this same sale after reading your posts and just bought 7 suits for 105.00 each. Thanks so much for the tip! Ours are a light grey color. LOVE!
Stacy recently posted..One Year in Midland

12 Melissa March 31, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Stacy – do you remember what light grey suits you bought?

13 Lindsay August 21, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Now you paid for the suits upfront but did the groomsmen pay ya back or were they a gift?

14 Meghann August 21, 2012 at 7:14 pm

The groomsmen will pay us back for the suits, but we are gifting them their shirts and ties.

15 Tim February 26, 2013 at 7:06 am

What suit is that ? That’s exactly what I’m looking for for my August wedding. Is there a vest option?

16 Meghann February 26, 2013 at 12:52 pm

I’m not sure of the exact name of the suit, sorry!