The Glee Project

by Meghann on August 14, 2012

Do you know what tonight is?!

The Glee Project Finale!

Glee2.jpeg

Yes, I’m a fan – a big one!

I watched the first season all last summer and felt a special connection when Damien and Samuel joined the cast of Glee. I appreciate that the winners have real roles with solid story arcs, instead of just a two minute cameo appearance that you see with the winners of similar competitions. I feel like you spend a whole summer falling in love with the winner, they deserve a good role to continue on with their journey.

Plus, The Glee Project is just fun to watch. They do great videos each week that just make me smile. :)

Now that this season of The Glee Project is wrapping up, I can’t wait for the next season of Glee. Not only to see what’s going to happen with Rachel in NYC, BUT to see one of my new favorites featured.

Top 3.jpeg

I can’t decide which one should win – I’m a fan of all three.

What do you think? Are you Team Ali, Team Aylin, or Team Blake?!

My snack this afternoon was a good one. I was craving a little bit of everything: cheese, cherries, and walnuts – yum!

Derek hit happy hour with some co-workers after work, so I was on my own for dinner. Of course, that meant I went straight for the tofu. ;)

This meal reminds me of something I would have made when I was living on my own. I started with a plate of sauteed veggies (onion, carrot, okra, and tomato), that I topped with baked buffalo tofu.

Derek will eat a lot of things, but tofu is not one of them. Sometimes it’s nice to have a girls’ night and just cook whatever – including tofu.

I polished off the rest of my candy bag from Katy’s baby shower for dessert.

The Glee Project is starting!!!

Good Night!

1 Stephanie August 14, 2012 at 11:28 pm

Im a huge Glee fan also! I hope you announce who won the Glee Project on the blog because I’ve been slacking all season.

2 Mary August 15, 2012 at 5:46 am

I love how girls and guys nights differ. You go for the tofu, and then guys go for pizza and beer. Love it!
Mary recently posted..Race Collectibles

3 Kris August 15, 2012 at 9:35 am

Hey Meghann, how did you make the tofu? Did you bake it in the oven? If so, what temp? I love tofu but have never been very good at preparing it. thanks!

4 Meghann August 15, 2012 at 11:02 am

Yes, I baked it for 20 minutes at 415 in the oven. Baking temperatures vary, I like mine a little soft so I don’t bake it as long as other’s might. I think it’s generally said that you should bake it at 375 for 20 minutes on each side if you like it a little crisper.

5 Samantha Angela August 15, 2012 at 9:56 am

Wait, what? Who were Damien and Samuel? What is the Glee project?

Hmmm…I thought I was a Glee fan…
Samantha Angela recently posted..How to Caramelize Onions

6 Meghann August 15, 2012 at 11:00 am

Their characters were Rory Flanagan and Joe Hart on the show. THe Glee Project is a reality show competition where 12 contestant compete for a role on Glee. Most of the episodes are online on Oxygen – I would suggest checking them out!

7 Samantha Angela August 15, 2012 at 11:03 am

Sweet! I don’t think I can get oxygen here in Canada though :(
Samantha Angela recently posted..How to Caramelize Onions

8 Katherine August 15, 2012 at 10:12 am

That’s so funny- I also make tofu for dinner whenever my fiance is not home!

9 Allison @ Running Through Red Lights August 15, 2012 at 11:29 am

I’m a total Gleek, but haven’t been able to watch this season of the Glee Project. I had no idea Oxygen had full episodes on their website–I know what I’ll be doing this weekend!
Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: Because I Need A Good Laugh Today…

10 Emily N August 15, 2012 at 12:18 pm

I <3 Glee, but have not gotten into the Glee Project. I WAS Rachel in high school. My life turned out MUCH different however. (Can we say Accounting major?)
Emily N recently posted..My Fitness: One Year Ago – A Reflection

11 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats August 15, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Ah spoiler! Haha on Hulu they are showing the episodes 4 weeks behind the air date so I’m no where near the end!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..WIAW – Road Trip Style