more ยป" />

Showering Katy

by Meghann on August 12, 2012

Have you ever seen a more radiant or glowing mama-to-be as my friend Katy?

IMG_9259.jpg

What about one that could pull off such killer heels at 31 weeks?

Seriously, Katy – you rock.

Katy and her BabyBug were the guests of honor at yesterday’s baby shower, which our incredibly creative friend Jackie hosted for her. It was a beautiful shower filled with great friends I haven’t seen in far too long, delicious food that made my belly happy, and lots of laughs that no party is complete without.

Jackie really did do a wonderful job piecing the shower together. I loved the details of teal and orange that popped up everywhere.

IMG_9163.JPG IMG_9165.jpg

You know you’re at a blogger’s baby shower when…

(p.s. awesome idea and so sweet that Jackie is coordinating the guest posts for Katy, now that’s a great friend.)

The food! Oh, the food!

I went back for seconds, plus a sugar cookie. I need to get the recipe for the black-eyed pea salad, the chunks of fresh avocado in it won me over.

The host and the guest of honor (I told you there were lots of laughs ;) )

IMG_9247.jpg IMG_9248.jpg

We had one game, and it was tough one. Jackie mixed Katy and Lucas’ (Katy’s husband) baby photos in with a bunch of celebrity baby photos and we had to guess which celebrity belonged to which photo.

It was a lot tougher than I thought it would be, apparently I need to read up on my celebrity gossip. I got 5 right, which is a far cry from the winner at 14.

IMG_9202.jpg

And, of course, it wouldn’t be a shower unless we showered the mama-to-be with gifts!

Katy had so much fun opening presents. Her facial expressions were priceless.

IMG_9225.JPG IMG_9226.JPG

IMG_9236.JPG IMG_9237.JPG

There’s no hiding how excited she is to be a mom. :)

We missed a big group shot, but we managed to get one of all stragglers who were too busy talking to want to leave.

I miss my Orlando girls!

It’s hard to believe the next time I see Katy she’ll have a baby instead of a belly. I’m so excited for her and this new adventure and I can’t wait to meet the little Baby Bug. :)

After the shower, I headed to Downtown Disney and met my parents for dinner.

They recently redid the Lego store, and I was impressed with the new lego statues out front.

IMG_9041.jpg

Downtown Disney was PACKED! I forgot how bad the summer crowds are on the weekends. After fearing a long wait at every other restaurant we walked by, we really lucked out by being seated right away at the bar at Wolfgang Puck.

I tried a new-to-me Florida beer.

IMG_9045.jpg

It was super hoppy, but not bad.

My parents and I shared the sushi platter, which came with miso soup

And sushi.

I only had a couple of pieces, I was saving room for the pizza and salad my dad and I had ordered.

That’s my portion of the veggie pizza and endive salad. It filled me up.

I came home and immediately crashed. It was a good day, but a long one. Now my plan is to take it easy today. I’ve already slept in and started watching the men’s marathon. Can you believe the Olympics are over? *tear*

Happy Sunday!

1 Elisabeth August 12, 2012 at 10:01 am

I’m definitely sad the Olympics are over! I always enjoy watching so much (summer & winter), but it goes by way too quickly :(

2 Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio August 12, 2012 at 10:08 am

So so so cute!!!!
Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio recently posted..Truckeroo DC

3 Mariell @ HealthyPantz August 12, 2012 at 10:41 am

The blog guest post signup sheet is the cutest baby shower idea I’ve ever seen. SO much better than a casserole signup!
Mariell @ HealthyPantz recently posted..Bootcamp with As One

4 Carolyn August 12, 2012 at 10:44 am

She looks adorable! And those heels… oh those heels. I can’t even do those not pregnant!
Carolyn recently posted..San Francisco Celebrates

5 Krissy @ Shiawase Life August 12, 2012 at 11:47 am

Aww this post makes me miss living so close to Disney! Can’t wait to be back…3 months!!!!!
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..GIVEAWAY WINNER!

6 Michelle August 12, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Great seeing you yesterday!! :)
Michelle recently posted..Saturday Morning Motivation

7 Kristen @ notsodomesticated August 12, 2012 at 12:28 pm

What a fun day!! I used to love going to Downtown Disney and City Walk when I lived in Florida. I’m a total cheeseball who loves the touristy places! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..European Vacation, Part Cuatro: Capri and Travel Tips

8 Heather @ Housewife Glamour August 12, 2012 at 12:32 pm

What a wonderful shower filled with lots of familiar & friendly faces! :) Katy looked absolutely glowing! Loved the game idea… too cute!
Heather @ Housewife Glamour recently posted..Stretching After Running

9 Bess August 12, 2012 at 12:43 pm

So good to see you yesterday, Meghann! :)

10 Kelly August 12, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Oh. My. Gosh. Is there any way that you could pass along where she got those fantastic blue shoes!? I have been looking for something exactly like them for my rehearsal dinner with no luck!! They are amazing!!

11 Meghann August 12, 2012 at 6:53 pm

I asked her about them, too! She got them at a clothing exchange last summer, so she’s not 100% sure where they’re from.

12 Jackie @ MomJovi August 12, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Great recap, Meghann! Can I just copy and paste it onto my blog? I’m too tried to blog after yesterday! :) But I may just steal, er, borrow a photo or 10. I was too busy to take many on my camera.

Anyway, here’s a link to the black-eyed pea salad. I omitted the jalapeno because I knew it’d be spicy enough with the Szechuan sauce and I used an orange pepper instead of green to keep with the shower’s theme! I doubled it for the shower (and added an extra avocado because you can never have too much avocado). I chopped everything in advance but kept the peas/pepper/onion/garlic combo in one bowl, the sauce in another, and diced the avocado and added it to the lemon juice about 3 hours before the shower. Then I just combined everything right before the shower.

I just had leftovers today and it was still great and the avocado still tasted surprisingly fresh and wasn’t brown yet so I guess you could mix it all in advance.

Enjoy!
Jackie @ MomJovi recently posted..Channeling My Inner Rose at Titanic: The Experience

13 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers August 12, 2012 at 2:36 pm

ah! i loved that salad yesterday, jackie, and totally thought it was another costco gem. :) so good! can’t wait to make it at home!!
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers recently posted..Return to Greek Park and a Baby Shower

14 Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs August 12, 2012 at 2:43 pm

I already miss the Olympics!
Can’t wait for the closing ceremony tonight though!

Sounds like a great day!
Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs recently posted..Saturday

15 Amanda August 12, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Beautiful shower!

Watching the ceremony on TV over here in London. Everyone seems depressed!
Amanda recently posted..The final day

16 Laura August 12, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Such an adorable baby shower! Good luck to the new momma :)
Laura recently posted..Is P90X really worth it?

17 Kathy August 12, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Your friend looks really cute and her high DO rock!

Ahhhh, Downtown Disney….the memories (I teared up a bit just thinking about being there) Lucky you for being so close to all that fun all the time. ;-)

18 Sara@RunningInPinkProject August 12, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Those heels!!!! So cute!!! I was just at Downtown Disney last weekend and Im already feeling the urge to go back. :) and PS: Is that a honey badger on that onesie? If so then that is officially the best onesie Ive ever seen. :D
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..Mental Health Weekend

19 Katie August 12, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Katy looks amazing! She is definitely proof that being pregnant is no excuse for frumpiness :)

20 Lisa @ bakebikeblog August 12, 2012 at 7:10 pm

what a fun day!!!!

21 Annette @FitnessPerks August 12, 2012 at 7:55 pm

SO cute! I am excited for her–and that food looks AWEsome!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Focus On: V-Ups

22 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama August 12, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Cute shoes for sure but my feet hurt just looking at them! :)
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..From the Archives: My First Barre Class

23 Emily @ Life on Food August 13, 2012 at 6:23 am

my brother lives in Uganda and my eyes were glued to the tv the last 6 miles. What a great finish!
Emily @ Life on Food recently posted..For the Guests: Blackberry Oat Muffins

24 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats August 13, 2012 at 6:51 am

What a cute shower !! Haha and I love the guest post sign up, gotta love bloggers!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Liebster Award & PDR!