Five things that made me smile this week

by Meghann on August 10, 2012

1. Finding pumpkin beer at the grocery store

pumpkin beer.jpeg

Pumpkin season = the best beer season of them all!

2. Baby showers

I have two this month. I’m not sure what makes me more happy, attending the actual shower or spending hours looking at potential gifts on Etsy. The amount of adorable options out there is endless.

Screen shot 2012-08-10 at 2.27.38 PM.png

Go. Now. Trust me.

Screen shot 2012-08-10 at 2.27.10 PM.png

4. This dog

I wonder how long it would take me to train Maddie to do all that? (thanks for passing along the link Stacey!)

5. Omelets

Last night’s leftovers = perfect omelet filling

with cucumber slices and hummus.

What made you smile this week?

1 Kashi @ Cape Island Runners August 10, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Lots of smiles this week:
1. Marathon training – love me a fall marathon!
2. Thinking about vacation next week!
3. My best friend coming to visit this weekend
4. My hubby being there for me when I needed to sort out some tough stuff

And that it is still summer! That makes me smile any week :)
Kashi @ Cape Island Runners recently posted..Men’s Olympic Marathon and Sacre Bleu!

2 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets August 10, 2012 at 3:06 pm

What made me smile this week? Hmm.. those documentary-style athlete “close up” videos featured during the Olympics make me so mushy; Clinique “chubby” sticks; peppermint + ginger tea (which have been saving me from my stomach problems); new music downloaded on my iPod (always a good feeling!). Happy weekend! :)
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..Probably the most random post yet

3 Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs August 10, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Happy Friday!

You can see my 5 things on today’s post “High Five for Friday”.

Have a great weekend!
Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs recently posted..High Five for Friday

4 Laura August 10, 2012 at 4:06 pm

I love the idea of these 5 things on Friday posts. I’m a new blogger. Can someone explain how to participate in that?
Laura recently posted..Goodbye Fancy Gym

5 Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily August 10, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Fall temps and rainy days have me smiling this week, I’m so done with summer and hot.
Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily recently posted..Drip

6 Silvia @ skinny jeans food August 10, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Hey, I want THAT dog!!! :-)

7 Miranda @ Biting Life August 10, 2012 at 4:26 pm

I wish I was good at omeletes. Seriously… I can make a perfect soufflé, but I can’t flip a damn omelete? Something is wrong with me, haha.

I’ve never had pumpkin beer! Definitely gotta try it this year.
Miranda @ Biting Life recently posted..Chocolate Pudding Protein Smoothie

8 Annette @FitnessPerks August 10, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Hah. LOVE it. P.s. omelletes are the bomb.

Things that made me smile this week-my husband :) It being Friday! And going to a wedding!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Fitness & Health Survey (This & That)

9 Elisabeth August 10, 2012 at 4:50 pm

I’ve been laughing for 2 days about the McKayla thing. 😀

10 Heather @ Side of Sneakers August 10, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Pumpkin beer ALREADY?!! I mean, I love a good pumpkin beer…but it’s August!!

11 Stacey @starpulp August 10, 2012 at 5:32 pm

I thought you’d like that video!! My dog will bark if you say “Purdue” but cannot do any USEFUL tricks like shop-vac! Lol
Stacey @starpulp recently posted..I’m in love.. with Bagel Love

12 Socal Rachel August 10, 2012 at 6:02 pm

1 thing that made me smile this week…a smart car with eyelashes. Those cars just make me laugh every time I see one. I’ll take a dog that can do just a third of those things and I’d be converted from a cat to dog lover.
Socal Rachel recently posted..How to Run Faster

13 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 10, 2012 at 6:05 pm

What made me smile this week was all of the support I’ve received over my decision to move home and pursue my personal training certificate. It was not an easy decision to make but ultimately I know it’s the right one. it’s good to know people are there for me.
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday // Sleep Deprivation

14 Corrie @ Blurb Column August 10, 2012 at 6:12 pm

Five things that made me smile:

1-my kitten (always)
2-my coworkers who made me laugh when I was in a very bad mood!
3-my hubby, who always makes me smile and laugh
4-my friends and the joy on their faces when they received the little gifts I gave them
5-the trailer for the new movie Hope Springs…which downright made me LOL!
Corrie @ Blurb Column recently posted..The Friday Five 8/10/12

15 Meghan August 10, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Five things… hm!
1. Running without having shin splints!
2. A good couple of beers (always happy!)
3. Crazy Pickle running around!
4. Finding a random picture of my mommom * read goofy challenge
5. Good blogs to read!
Meghan recently posted..Goofy Challenge for Mommom

16 Krystle August 10, 2012 at 11:38 pm

I discovered some Pumpkin beer today and i was sooo excited! Theres something about all things pumpkin that remind me the holiday season is near! Woodchuck is coming out with a pumpkin flavor and i can wait!

17 Laura @ sweatingforit August 11, 2012 at 10:39 pm

McKayla is not impressed is so funny! Good to see that McKayla can have a good sense of humor about it too.
Laura @ sweatingforit recently posted..Samson No More