Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake

by Meghann on August 10, 2012

Chocolate. Peanut butter. Graham cracker. Deliciousness.

I had writer’s block this afternoon. What does one do when they have writer’s block? They get on Pinterest and start drooling.

And that’s exactly what I did.

See? Drool worthy.

Then I clicked over and realized the recipe wasn’t too bad. Only four ingredients and no oven required – I could do that. :)

Here’s the original recipe. I pretty much followed it, minus the slight modification of using graham crackers instead of shortbread. Also, I found heating the peanut butter in the microwave for 30 seconds made it a little more spreadable when layering.

IMG_9105.JPG IMG_9107.JPG IMG_9109.JPG

IMG_9111.JPG IMG_9119.JPG IMG_9125.JPG IMG_9132.JPG IMG_9136.JPG

The chocolate/peanut butter/graham cracker creation went in the freezer for an hour, then peeled out of the wax paper beautifully. It reminded me of a giant Reeses peanut butter cup.

Check out those layers!

The dessert was very rich and decadent. Derek and I split the end sliver piece and it was really all we needed. I loved the crunch of the graham cracker and the way the chocolate brought everything together. Definitely a dish worth sharing. :)

We kept it casual for dinner tonight and dined at one of our favorite quick service burger places.

I ordered the Wellington, which came with mushrooms, blue cheese crumbles, and a mojo sauce, with sweet potato fries on the side.

I <3 burgers!

Alright, time to get back to the Olympics… and maybe steal another bit of the giant Reeses. ;)

Good night!

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life August 10, 2012 at 11:08 pm

My mouth is LITERALLY watering…mmm.
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..GIVEAWAY WINNER!

2 Krystle August 10, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Yummm-o! Great quick desert with ingredianys everyone has in their kitchen already! Cant wait to make these!

3 Cait the Arty Runnerchick August 11, 2012 at 4:21 am

oh my gosh, that looks amazing!! okay, totally randomly, i heard it’s national s’mores day and it popped to mind when i saw this…hehe. maybe we could throw in some of that Marshmellow Fluff on top next time. ;)

4 Meghann August 11, 2012 at 7:18 am

I thought about that, but I couldn’t remember if Derek liked marshmallow or not so I left it out. Next time. ;)

5 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats August 11, 2012 at 5:40 am

Oooo those sweet potato fries look delicious! As does that cake – it’s making me crave graham crackers! I love them, even dipped in apple juice… can I go back to preschool please? Best food.
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..The Secrets to Motivation

6 Miranda @ Biting Life August 11, 2012 at 6:14 am

Yum! This entire post is making me drool, haha. That graham cracker thing looks amazing and so does that burger and sweet potato fries! Now I’m craving everything!

7 Debbie B. August 11, 2012 at 7:06 am

I love peanut butter and chocolate. I am definitely making this soon. Yummy.

8 Kelly August 11, 2012 at 7:58 am

Oh wow! That looks so good!

9 Kelly August 11, 2012 at 7:58 am

Oh wow! That looks so good!

10 Hillary August 11, 2012 at 8:18 am

I saw you post this on Instagram and immediately started drooling. YUM.
Hillary recently posted..Back to the Scale

11 Laura August 11, 2012 at 9:50 am

Looks like the perfect blend of chocolate and peanut butter to me!!! :)
Laura recently posted..Wake Up and Run

12 Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs August 11, 2012 at 10:15 am

That dessert looks amazing! And easy! A great combo :)
Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs recently posted..Saturday

13 Juls@The Wife Thing August 11, 2012 at 10:27 am

I’ve never done a no bake! Think I’ll try it!

14 Juls@The Wife Thing August 11, 2012 at 10:28 am

I’ve never done a no bake!!! I need to try it.
Juls@The Wife Thing recently posted..NYC Tri: The training

15 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run August 11, 2012 at 10:38 am

Sweet.baby.Jesus that looks good. Reese’s has a no bake dessert in a box that looks just like that and it’s sooo good. I can’t have it in the house because I go to town on it. Now I’m wondering how they compare.
I already know Fabian would say it was too “peanut buttery” so that means more for me. :-)
Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run recently posted..It’s Been A Good Week

16 Coby August 11, 2012 at 11:53 am

Oh man. Thanks for sharing that recipe! :)
Coby recently posted..Catching up

17 Meghan August 11, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Yum. Two most favorite things in this world; chocolate and PB! Looks great!
Meghan recently posted..Goofy Challenge for Mommom

18 Allison @ Running Through Red Lights August 11, 2012 at 1:11 pm

The dessert looks good, but that burger looks better! I really should go eat lunch and stop drooling over this post…
Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..Worth The Hurt

19 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 11, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Considering my love for anything chocolate and peanut butter (and how easy this is) I can picture that being made in my kitchen soon. :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..The Science of a Breakfast Sandwich.

20 Laura @ sweatingforit August 11, 2012 at 10:42 pm

that peanut butter chocolate graham cracker goodness looks AH-MAZING!
Laura @ sweatingforit recently posted..Samson No More

21 Michael Anderson August 12, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Thanks for this! The minute I saw it I knew my wife Lisa (well, and my boys and myself) would LOVE it. And I was right!

What I did was stick with your graham cracker substitution, and also made the peanut butter creamier with a bit of butter, sugar and milk. It was fantastic.

Here is a picture – http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151163499084882&set=a.10150500249789882.428493.645649881&type=1&ref=notif&notif_t=like&theater
Michael Anderson recently posted..Introducing “Gear Diary Health And Fitness Tips”