more ยป" />

#BlogHer12 Begins!

by Meghann on August 3, 2012

Whoa! What a morning!

You guys were NOT kidding, BlogHer is CRAZY. Fun, exciting, informative, and definitely a one-of-a-kind experience, but above all, it’s CRAZY. Crazy in a good way. :)

My morning started off a little less crazy. Theodora met me at Ashley‘s apartment and we went for a quick 4 mile run by the river.

And I’m not kidding when I say “quick.” Apparently we were keeping a sub-7:30 pace. Not sure where that came from, I haven’t kept that pace in a long time. Maybe that’s a sign I need to start running with friends a little more regularly, especially ones that will push the pace and make me go faster. I need more of that!

After the run, I showered (no one wants to sit next to a smelly runner all day), got dress, and met Theodora and Sabrina at BlogHer in midtown.

I was expecting a huge line for badges (you know, being 5,000 attendees after all), but there was none. I think most people had picked their’s up last night. It only took a few minutes to flash our IDs, grab our badges, and get in line for food.

There was quite a spread – pastries, muffins, fresh fruit, eggs, potatoes, and bacon. Yum.

I had it all. I was starving at that point.

So good!

Best part about breakfast? Catching up with my girls.

<3 Sabrina and Theodora!

We skipped the opening remarks in favor of hitting the expo up instead.

It’s hard to see in the photo, but please note The Lorax had his own name badge which read “The Lorax.” ๐Ÿ˜‰

The expo was INSANE. I spent close to two hours checking out all the booths and networking with the company representatives. So many brands – not enough business cards!

I said “hi” to my friends at Dole.

IMG_8805.JPG IMG_8806.JPG

Took some photos with Quilted Northern Toilet Paper (the official TP of BlogHer ’12 <– yes, that’s a serious sponsorship)

Grabbed a few goodies

IMG_8816.JPG IMG_8817.JPG

Made some funny faces

Had my digital caricature done

What do you think? Does it look like me?

And then I rested.

To say the expo was overwhelming would be an understatement. :)

Time for lunch with Martha Stewart(!!!) . This day is speeding by!

1 Annette @FitnessPerks August 3, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Whoa!!!! That all sounds awesome! I want to try Technogel’s stuff, fo sho.

Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..When Hangry Becomes Laughable

2 Cait's Plate August 3, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Love the digital caricature! It’s so good!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Gluten-Free Banana Bread Pancakes

3 Samantha Angela August 3, 2012 at 1:57 pm

I met The Lorax at Islands of Adventure. I was excited…I’m such a nerd.
Samantha Angela recently posted..Olympic Weightlifting Routine

4 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 3, 2012 at 2:04 pm

I’ve been following all the BlogHer tweets today, it sounds like everyone’s having an amazing time!

Kind of jealous you met the Lorax. Just saying. (P.S. the nametag thing – who were people going to mistake him for? That’s hilarious).
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Shin Splints and Planned Obsolescence.

5 Beth August 3, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I mean this in a very respectful way, but what in the world are you wearing?

6 Meghann August 3, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Ummm… do you mean my pink striped loft shirt and khaki pants? I didn’t realize I was breaking any fashion rules. My mistake.

7 Chloe (In Fine Feather) August 3, 2012 at 2:39 pm

Is it one shirt or two? I was also confused, just because it looks layered but maybe it’s just the shirt?
Chloe (In Fine Feather) recently posted..Dem Stairs

8 Meghann August 3, 2012 at 2:43 pm

It’s one shirt. I promise it’s a normal shirt :)

9 Beth August 3, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Phew! I thought you stuck a tube top over a normal shirt and was going to become concerned about your mental state :) The color is cute- the fit just had me confuzzled!

10 Lisa @ Jogging on Coffee August 3, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Looks like fun! I took my nephew to see the Lorax movie and I may have enjoyed it even more than him ๐Ÿ˜›
Lisa @ Jogging on Coffee recently posted..This or That: Health & Fitness Edition

11 Nanci August 3, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Looks like so much fun!! I would so love to attend one day. Thanks for sharing all the fun you are having!
Nanci recently posted..This Crazy Life of Mine HAS MOVED!

12 Kristen @ notsodomesticated August 3, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Lunch with Martha?? Tell her hello for me, and that I’m making her BBQ chicken tonight haha!! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..European Vacation, Part Tres (Tuscany and Rome)

13 pluvk August 3, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Okay, I seriously want to start a blog so I can start attending all these amazing events! It looks like you’re having a wonderful time. :-) What was the best thing you’ve seen so far?

14 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats August 3, 2012 at 8:07 pm

that expo sounds amazing! it must be even more interesting since it’s not just healthy living bloggers!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..August Goals

15 Kathy August 4, 2012 at 7:47 am

I want a digital caricature!! Fun! Looks like a great expo!

16 alex August 4, 2012 at 11:26 am

i am a long time reader and noticed that you are here (nyc) during the same weekend as summerstreets I hope you can check it out. Love your blog, enjoy nyc and stay hydrated its a scorcher out there. I just came back from summerstreets myself!

17 Kim@hungryhealthygirl August 4, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Looks like a complete blast and I’m jealous I’m not there! Hope the rest of the weekend is just as awesome!
Kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Would you rather?

18 hellonheelshon August 4, 2012 at 2:42 pm

This seriously looks like SO much FUN!!