more ยป" />

The City

by Meghann on August 2, 2012

Helllooooo New York!

20120802_185921.jpg

I could never live in a big city like NYC, but I do love visiting them. The streets, the crowds, the people – it can all be very exciting! But then I would miss having a yard, living in a large space, and paying reasonable prices for food. ;)

This trip I’m staying at my home away from home aka Casa De La Ashley and Bo.

They’ve redecorated a bit since the last time I was here. Check out the awesome paintings Bo’s mom did of all the squares in Savannah.

The paintings were used as table marker’s for Bo and Ashley’s wedding rehearsal dinner. Such a fun and creative way to mark tables.

The flight to NYC was nice and smooth. I flew JetBlue, which meant I had the opportunity to watch the Olympics on the way up ( LOVE their free personal tvs). Let me tell you, I spent an hour watching Kayak racing and found myself fascinated about the whole sport. That’s what I love about the Olympics – I find myself really getting into sports I wouldn’t otherwise have thought of. By the end I was rooting for the Australian underdog (the U.S. wasn’t in the finals), who took silver.

Once I landed and collected my bag, I took a cab to the city and had an apple on the way.

Ashley was woking late, so she asked if I would start dinner in her absence. She had pasta in the pantry, but nothing to go with it, so I headed to the store and picked up some pasta sauce, veggies, and chicken sausage.

By the time she walked in the door – dinner was ready.

We’re carb loading for Ashley’s long run in the morning. She has 14 on the agenda – go Ash!

Greek frozen yogurt for dessert.

With a little granola.

We both have BIG days ahead of us, time to get some sleep.

Good night!

1 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 2, 2012 at 10:46 pm

YUM! Looks delicious and sounds like you’ve got a great little place to stay! :)

2 Gabby (Quest for Delicious) August 2, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Love mango frozen yogurt! Have fun!

3 Hellonheelshon August 2, 2012 at 11:07 pm

LOVE the idea of the paintings as table markers! Might be a good maid of honor and pass the idea on to my bride. She’s getting married in Texas in 2013 :)

4 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 2, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Those paintings are so cute…using them as table markers is a great idea!

5 Julie August 3, 2012 at 12:03 am

I’m so glad you’re going to Blogher! I’m excited to follow along. Maybe I’ll go one of these years!

6 Miranda @ Biting Life August 3, 2012 at 1:49 am

I also LOVE visiting NYC, but definitely wouldn’t want to live there. After more than a few days, I start feeling a little claustrophobic!

7 Sam August 3, 2012 at 2:26 am

The kayaking was so exciting! Go Team GB! I’m loving the swimming at the moment. USA are totally dominating! I’m hoping Rebecca Adlington can get us our first swimming Gold tonight though…

8 Alex August 3, 2012 at 4:13 am

I assure you New York City is a wonderful place to live :-)

9 Ada August 3, 2012 at 8:55 am

Darn, if I had known you were coming to NYC I would have invited you to swim practice this morning (I’m on Columbia University triathlon club)! Main set this morning was 6×400 for time, pretty brutal.

10 Becky @ runfundone August 3, 2012 at 9:19 am

I want an Ashley and Bo! You are very lucky to have friends to stay with in the City! :)

11 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats August 3, 2012 at 9:26 am

Haha I was talking to my brother about that and he feels like he’s suddenly knowledgable about so many sports and athletes just from watching the Olympics

12 Cait's Plate August 3, 2012 at 9:40 am

I’m the same way. I worked in Manhattan for four years but could never live there. I did love going into the city every day…but also getting to leave at the end :)

13 Emily N August 3, 2012 at 9:43 am

What a good friend you are fixing dinner!!

14 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions August 3, 2012 at 11:03 am

I’m totally with you on the Olympics piquing my interest on random sports. I was so into the rowing finals on primetime last night, and I’ve never had any sort of interest in rowing in my life haha. Hooray for new-t0-me sports!

15 Annette @FitnessPerks August 3, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Ooooh that dessert looks awesome!

16 Allison @ Running Through Red Lights August 3, 2012 at 1:24 pm

I agree that kayaking was intense–my husband and I really enjoyed watching it! There hasn’t been much that I haven’t enjoyed watching, though. ;)

17 Kashi @ Cape Island Runners August 3, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I love NYC – my husband is from Brooklyn, so we get there fairly often. Same deal, would not want to live there but love the excitement of checking it out!

18 Kashi @ Cape Island Runners August 3, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Oh man, I am so jealous! Wish I got there this year! Yay to your recaps, though.

19 Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut August 3, 2012 at 5:18 pm

I said the same thing about New York and here I am, still here 8 years later and I LOVE IT!

20 Laura @ May Your Bobbin Always Be Full August 4, 2012 at 7:29 pm

I’m with you on the Olympics showing us sports we’d never otherwise think about!