more ยป" />

My Olympic Crush

by Meghann on August 2, 2012

I have a new Olympic swim crush.

Nathan Adrian.jpeg

Why, hello, gold medalist Nathan Adrian. It is very nice to meet you.

What. A. Cutie.

2018828336.jpeg

MATT SLOCUM / AP

Yes, even when he’s making funny celebratory faces. :)

Alright, spill it. You know you’ve developed a crush or two during this summer’s Olympic games. Who is it? And is there another shirtless sport I’m missing and should be watching? Do tell. ;)

This morning I took advantage of the treadmill at my gym and watched The Today Show while walking at 4.0 at a 6% incline. Then I hit the free weights for Mary’s Jello Leg Workout (my favorite free weight workout as of late).

Breakfast had been waiting for me in the fridge since I prepped it last night.

Overnight oats in a jar!

In the mix:

• 1/2 cup oats
  • last of a jar of almond butter
  • chia seeds
  • greek yogurt
  • milk
  • raisins

On top:

• peach

Love those layers on the side. Is there really a better way to finish off the last bit of a nut butter jar? I think not!

I have some serious packing to do. I head to the airport in an hour and don’t have a single thing in my suitcase. Yikes. Best get on that!

1 cait August 2, 2012 at 9:47 am

first of all i love this post- and seriously have a huge crush on that adorable man as well..and ryan ;) that overnights in a jar meal looks FABULOUS. i must make this!! xo

2 Molly August 2, 2012 at 9:50 am

I’m loving the Men’s sand volleyball. I think the sexy lululemon uniforms might have something to do with it :)

3 Sarah August 2, 2012 at 9:53 am

no boy crushes yet, but I am definitely gettings wrapped up in the pool drama. anyone else have a girl crush on the entire women’s 4x200m Freestyle relay team? I am just in awe of them.

4 Meghann August 2, 2012 at 9:55 am

I have a hair crush on Shannon Vreeland’s red curls

5 Sarah August 2, 2012 at 9:59 am

hahaha me too! but I have always had a thing for gingers :)

6 Kailey August 2, 2012 at 10:04 am

Where has Nathan Adrian been all my life – super cute ;)

7 Liz August 2, 2012 at 10:11 am

Ryan Lochte, hands-down. But Nathan Adrian is definitely a close second…or maybe Andrew Wheating?? Although he hasn’t competed yet, but not sure if he counts :)

8 Mary @foodandfunontherun August 2, 2012 at 10:27 am

Ha, we share the same crush! I watched his race last night and continually mentioned his super cute smile and amazing bod. Marcus just rolled his eyes ;)

9 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy August 2, 2012 at 10:28 am

I saw him on The Today Show this morning and thought the same thing, he’s so cute! On a different note, I have an obsession with girls’ gymnastics. Watching it enough times makes me feel like I can be one of them. I’m so fascinated by it, but it’s pathetic that I feel like I could pick up gymnastics at 24 :).

10 Meghan August 2, 2012 at 10:30 am

Brendan Hansen I’ve had a teeny crush since High School. Yep I grew up with him and he graduated a year before me.

11 jaclyn August 2, 2012 at 10:35 am

i know!! where have they been hiding him?!!!!

12 Erin @ erinberries August 2, 2012 at 10:35 am

I saw him last night. He is super cute. Some of the divers are cute too. I think there is one from London. But I feel pretty creepy because I’m pretty sure he’s 18. Oh well.

13 Candice August 2, 2012 at 10:37 am

Isn’t he just adorable? I wish we had guys who looked like this when I was swimming at Wisconsin.

14 Beth @ 990 Square August 2, 2012 at 10:42 am

I have a total girl crush on Allyson Felix. I hope she wins the 200m! I bought a USA track and field shirt last night…I’m so ready for the running events!

15 Courtney August 2, 2012 at 10:42 am

Nathan Adrian is a cutie! His reaction after he won was priceless, I love when the athletes look super surprised and happy :D

16 Charlie (The Runner Beans) August 2, 2012 at 10:55 am

Totally have a crush on Ryan Lochtie (without the grills). I also have a girl crush on GB beach volleyball player Zara Dampney! Such a great, athletic figure.

17 Elisabeth August 2, 2012 at 10:57 am

He was so cute after he won, too – couldn’t even believe he’d done it :)

My Olympian crush is actually retired & not at these games – Aaron Piersol!

18 Brittany August 2, 2012 at 5:34 pm

I totally agree. I miss him competing :(

19 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats August 2, 2012 at 11:00 am

travel safely! and I really haven’t been able to watch the olympics :( but I’m a big fan of most divers/swimmers! Haha

20 Laura B August 2, 2012 at 11:04 am

I was thinking the same thing about Nathan Adrian…hello hottie! Did you know he is 6’7″?! I also have a girl crush on Lolo Jones (follow her on twitter if you haven’t already, she is hilarious!).

21 Christine @ BookishlyB August 2, 2012 at 11:13 am

I’m with ya on Lolo. That girl is cute and feisty (even if following her on Twitter means a million spoilers).

22 Jen August 2, 2012 at 11:21 am

Somehow I missed how hot he is last night, thank you for bringing this to my attention. ;)

23 Calee (@chimes) August 2, 2012 at 11:26 am

um. he single-handedly (or single-abbedly) makes me want to watch the Olympics. Now.

I haven’t watched because I tend to get obsessive with it and want to watch every minute. So if I don’t start, I can catch all the great moments in recaps and not miss out on real life glued to my TV. ;)

24 Sarah K August 2, 2012 at 11:50 am

Nathan Adrian is so adorable! But my Olympic crush will always be with Ryan Lochte. He’s currently my computer background and my phone background… I should probably be more ashamed about that.

25 Hillary August 2, 2012 at 11:54 am

All of the swimmers. Yes, all of them.

26 Meghann August 2, 2012 at 11:56 am

I like this answer!

27 hellonheelshon August 2, 2012 at 11:59 am

Um, you just stole my Olympic crush :) and those overnight oats look mouth-wateringly yummy. Have a safe flight!

28 Diana @run4life August 2, 2012 at 12:01 pm

I think I have more feelings for Ryan Lochte than I had for some of the guys I’ve dated. Lets be serious, I would take anyone on the team. I need to start following men’s swimming year-round. I had the same breakfast but with blueberries. Delish!

29 Lizzie August 2, 2012 at 12:19 pm

I am OBSESSED with Nathan Adrian!! He is so so so cute. Such an adorable hapa! And his muscles are nice, too…

30 Annette @FitnessPerks August 2, 2012 at 12:31 pm

He is so cute! My all-time fav will ALWAYS be Michael Phelps. That man is gooooood looking, and so freaking talented. If I could meet him one day, that’d be awesome.

Love the Olympics!

31 Cait's Plate August 2, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Ha! We had a very similar breakfast. Mine was an empty almond butter jar with “n’oatmeal” and peaches :)

32 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions August 2, 2012 at 1:13 pm

I’ve definitely got a crush on Tom Daley, the British diver. He’s only like three years younger than me, so it’s not totally creepy ;)

Actually, I’ve noticed that almost all of the male athletes in the Olympics this year seem to be wildly attractive. Not that I’m complaining!

33 Beka August 2, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Shamelessly admitting that Nathan is my new man crush too. God Bless America!!!!!

34 Allison @ Running Through Red Lights August 2, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Nathan Adrian is adorable! I will always be a Phelps fan. I’m probably the only woman in America to say this, but I just can’t get on board with Lochte. He’s definitely an amazing athlete, but something about him just doesn’t do it for me. :-/

35 Rachel Wilkerson August 2, 2012 at 1:50 pm

I have a major crush on male gymnast Danell Leyva! He’s totally my type.

Also, I cannot STAND Ryan Lochte. Every time that guy opens his mouth, something douchey comes out. Ugh. Such a turn-off.

36 Laura @ sweatingforit August 2, 2012 at 3:33 pm

I’m planning to make overnight oats in a jar tonight too!

37 Faith @ For the Health of It August 2, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Water polo is where it’s at.
That is all, carry on ;)

38 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 2, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Clearly, I’ve gotta rep for my sexy Canadians. :-)

Josh Binstock – Canadian men’s beach volleyball. I could watch him alllll day.

39 Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep August 2, 2012 at 6:56 pm

I’ve had a thing for the swimmers since Barcelona in 1992. Tom Dolan, Gary Hall Jr., Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte, Brendan Hansen, Nathan Adrian… ok, all of them. And total girl crushin on Natalie Coughlin.

40 Sarah August 2, 2012 at 8:38 pm

I think Nathan gained a whole new crop of followers after last night! (Myself included) ;)

I’m obsessed with Sam Mikulak and Jake Dalton of the US Gymnastics team. Okay, maybe the whole team. Clearly I have a thing for gymnasts, hah.

41 Lauren @ Part Time House Wife August 4, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Can we please share your crush. omg. hes seriously dreamy