Diving Deal

by Meghann on August 1, 2012

Skydiving anyone?

Screen shot 2012-08-01 at 9.22.28 AM.png

Derek sent me the above Living Social deal this morning with a smiley face attached to it. I’ve skydived once (read about it HERE), but Derek never has and, the older we get, the more he wants to do it. We randomly had a talk about it over the weekend and I told him we could probably do it for his birthday in April (you know, after we’re married and all of the life insurance is securely in my name. KIDDING!).

The fact that he forwarded the Living Social deal makes me laugh because it’s totally something I would do (and have done in the past) to remind him of things I’m interested in doing. Such as announcements for broadway shows coming to town, Disney deals, and other seasonal happenings – he’s a great email listener.

If he really wants to skydive, then I’m down with it. It’s one of those things that’s scarier thinking about, than actually doing it. I’m still debating whether I will do it too (once was probably good enough for me), but you never know. ;)

Speaking of diving…

Have you seen this?

funny-diver-faces-lead-image.jpeg

Matt King/Adam Pretty/Al Bello, Getty Images

How Olympic divers really look when they’re diving. Love it. For more images, check out the original article HERE.

I went for a run this morning. 5 miles on my favorite route with nothing crazy to write home about. However, it was crazy hot and my clothes were soaked through with sweat when I returned. A semi-cold shower never felt so good!

I made breakfast while watching the last bit of last night’s Olympics (I fell asleep on the couch before the last relay swim).

Two scrambled eggs with olives and goat cheese

one peach

And a piece of toast with strawberry jam.

Did anyone else tear up at the end of the gymnastics competition? Even though I already knew the results, I still did. Such a happy ending. :)

Time to get to work!

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

1 Erin @ erinberries August 1, 2012 at 10:32 am

I’d be SO scared to skydive. I have a HUGE fear of heights. So, that’s never gonna happen for me!

And the diver pictures are soooo funny. I guess you don’t think about what you look like when its happening.
Erin @ erinberries recently posted..Manly Steak Dinner

2 Miranda @ Biting Life August 1, 2012 at 10:33 am

Oh my goodness… I can’t believe you’ve gone skydiving! I would NEVER do that!! I’m so afraid of heights/falling. That’s awesome that your fiancé wants to, though. I think it would be romantic to do something like that together, because you’d both be overcoming a fear.
Miranda @ Biting Life recently posted..New Daily Health Goals

3 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 1, 2012 at 10:36 am

I’m so jealous I haven’t been able to watch any of the Olympics! I must find a way!!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

4 Laura August 1, 2012 at 11:01 am

TOTALLY go for it on skydiving!! it’s like it’s meant to be with the deal popping up!

LOVE the olympics, but dang it is messing with my sleep schedule!!

also, thanks for sharing the diving link.. i just forwarded it to 1/2 my inbox. i was literally laughing out loud!!!

5 Mary @ food and fun on the run August 1, 2012 at 11:02 am

I definitely get emotional when I see the athletes do well! I just put myself in their shoes, and imagine what an amazing feeling it must be to be best in the world. Pretty unbelievable!! I was even tearing up at the open ceremonies. I’m such a sissy.

6 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions August 1, 2012 at 11:14 am

I was definitely teary at the end of the team finals, even though I knew the results ahead of time as well (stupid co-workers…). The Olympics in general are just killing me emotionally this year haha. Every time an athlete gets emotional, I’m done.
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Best Weekend

7 Jessica @ New Girl, New City August 1, 2012 at 11:15 am

I TOTALLY teared up at the gymnastics and I felt like such an idiot. Glad I’m not the only one!
Jessica @ New Girl, New City recently posted..Thoughts

8 Christine @ BookishlyB August 1, 2012 at 11:22 am

I went skydiving once and will never go again! The anxiety the night before was just too much (once I was there I was fine, but too much googling prior).
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..Books on Your Back- I Heart It

9 Meghann August 1, 2012 at 11:27 am

I think that’s the part that gets me! It’s not bad once you’re there, but the anxiety leading up to the moment is killer!

10 Heather August 1, 2012 at 11:49 am

haha love the diving photos, too funny! Off to look at the article

11 Cait's Plate August 1, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Ahahaha – those diving faces are hysterical!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Spiced Paleo Pumpkin Almond Muffins

12 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats August 1, 2012 at 1:11 pm

I think skydiving is going to be one of those things I decide to do, and then have to do it immediately. You can’t think about it too much!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..WIAW–2 Weeks Left of Work!

13 Elisabeth August 1, 2012 at 1:27 pm

I already knew the ladies gymnastic results before I watched, but I’ve watched them twice & I definitely teared up both times ;)

14 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 1, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Uhh…I don’t know how well I could do skydiving. I THINK I could handle it, but it’s tough to say for sure. The boyfriend gets mad vertigo, so I don’t have to worry about him trying to drag me into it :-)

Olives in eggs? That’s an interesting combo!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Let’s Rehash.

15 Annette @FitnessPerks August 1, 2012 at 2:12 pm

I just had a really hot, good run too! LOVED it.

And yes-I teared up too. Gymnastics ladies ROCK! Go team USA!

I don’t think I’d sky dive, but my hubby wants too….. ;)
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..{Gym} Workout Essentials

16 Krystle August 1, 2012 at 4:52 pm

I totally cried when the womans gymnastic team won! What an amazing accomplishment for those girls! Ive watched the olympics my entire life with my Nana, especially the gymnatics, and last nights gold win reminded me of the Fab 7, a few summer olympics ago, watching the gymnast preform the vault with a broken foot and win! I wish the olympics could happen more frequently, they seem to inspire, motivate, and unite people in amazing and unexpected ways :)

17 Krystle August 1, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Ohhhh, and go skydiving AGAIN! I went with my bestfriend for my 23rd bday and it was amazing…scary, but amazing! Just rememer that goofy crazy feeling you had for days after you jumped!!! Good luck!

18 Alaina August 1, 2012 at 8:38 pm

I pretty much teared up after each girl did the vault. Especially McKayla! Holy crap! :-)
Alaina recently posted..A Humbling Experience

19 jaclyn August 1, 2012 at 11:25 pm

oh my gosh i totally teared up with the team usa girls gymnastics. they all worked so hard and all deserved it so much. first gold since 1996!! :D loved every minute of it
jaclyn recently posted..Summer reading list: what i’m reading (and listening to)