Feeling Good

by Meghann on July 30, 2012

Mornin’!

Today is going to be a good day. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and I have a sleeping Maddie at my feet, chasing bad guys in her dreams. Yep. Good day.

I finished On The Island last night. Yes, it was a quick read, but any book that hooks me in and takes me less than 48-hrs to complete is one that definitely has my full recommendation behind it. Some people aren’t fans of books that tie everything up in a neat little bow in the end (if you’re not then maybe I wouldn’t recommend this one), but I personally enjoy it. There’s too much sadness out there, I like it when I can walk away from something and feel good about it. I had a ridiculous grin on my face when I finished, and that grin is still there today. I love, love. I choose happiness all the way. :)

What’s the last thing you read (or saw!) that made you feel good?

I was still feeling good when I went for my run this morning. I ran my normal 4 mile route and came home and did some push-ups, sit-ups, lunges, and squats (while catching up on last night’s gymnastics and swimming competitions).

Breakfast came in the form of oats.

In the mix:

• 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • chia seeds
  • raisins

On top:

• peanut butter
  • raspberries
  • strawberries
  • walnuts

A good breakfast to go with a good morning. Let’s hope this theme carries through the week.

Have a great Monday, everyone!

1 Faith @ For the Health of It July 30, 2012 at 10:09 am

The Olympics are great background noise for workouts. Nothing like STRONG bodies to make you want to make yours better too!

2 Candice July 30, 2012 at 10:13 am

Such a simple breakfast, but it looks so delicious. Yum!
Candice recently posted..Back On Track and a SUPER Easy Meal

3 Yellow Haired Girl July 30, 2012 at 10:15 am

I love a happy ending :) have a great day!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Monday Lovin’

4 Corey @ Learning Patience July 30, 2012 at 10:31 am

Have a fabulous day!

xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Giving Thanks

5 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 30, 2012 at 11:22 am

Pretty sure I’ve had the Olympics on pretty much non-stop since it started. Makes awesome background noise, both for working and workouts!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Time Consuming Breakfast + Phase 2 Review

6 amy July 30, 2012 at 11:39 am

I could watch the gymnastics all day, felt so bad for the American girl who didn’t make the all-around…poor thing!
amy recently posted..Understanding body image

7 Brittney July 30, 2012 at 11:42 am

I read On the Island a few months ago. At the time, it was being offerred for 99 cent for the Kindle download, so I figured if I hated it, at least it was cheap! I ended up loving it and the ending is just perfect. So glad you liked it too!

8 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats July 30, 2012 at 12:03 pm

I started Sisterhood Everlasting this morning and I can already tell it’s going to be a good one!!! I loved this series!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Headbands and Lasagna

9 Hayley July 30, 2012 at 12:24 pm

I feel the same way about books, I like a happy ending even if it’s slightly cheesy! I just finished reading A Stolen Life: a Memoir by Jaycee Dugard. It was extremely sad throughout, but had a good ending. I’m not sure I enjoy reading a book that makes me feel that terrible while reading it, but it was definitely inspiring and made me grateful for my own life!
Hayley recently posted..Un-Lazy Sunday

10 Kristen July 30, 2012 at 12:46 pm

I am the same way too! I hate reading sad books/watching sad tv shows. Why would you choose to spend your time tense when you could be laughing? I guess that is just personal preference.

I like reading David Sedaris books. They are all short essays, and all humorous. I don’t ever have enough time to read long books- by the time I pick it up the second time I already forgot what I read the first! You can read for 15-20 minutes at a time and read a whole story all at once. I highly recommend his book ‘naked’.
Kristen recently posted..How to Have a Successful Yard Sale

11 Emily N July 30, 2012 at 1:04 pm

I usually HAMMER through books when I am on vacation (I read 10 in Mexico) but then plod along the rest of the year…
Emily N recently posted..The Color Run – Louisville KY

12 Cait's Plate July 30, 2012 at 1:23 pm

The Olympics!! It’s so incredibly inspiring!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Roasted Strawberry Toasted Coconut Yogurt Parfaits

13 Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut July 30, 2012 at 1:34 pm

I tend to like “dark” books and TV shows (currently ob-sessed with Breaking Bad), but the Olympics have lifted my spirits! And did anyone else notice that Forgetting Sarah Marshall were on alllll weekend long? Watching it again made me laugh. Ohh Russell Brand, how I hate to love you.
Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut recently posted..Bethenny’s Lasagna + Bon Bons

14 Heather@Runningragged.com July 30, 2012 at 3:11 pm

I just read On the Island a couple of months ago, great book for summer time pool lounging! I liked the ending even though it was a little cheesy. Another good beach read I just finished is The Island by Elin Hilderbrand. So good!!

15 Annette @FitnessPerks July 30, 2012 at 3:17 pm

LOVE a good run with some resistance workouts and a good b-fast!

LOVE the Olympics too. I need cable!! gahhh!!! haha.
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..BURNIN’ Total Body Weights Circuit

16 Laura August 5, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I just finished “something blue”… I LOVED it even more than “something borrowed”.. I couldn’t stop talking about it!