Get Your Good Going with Blue Diamond Almonds

by Meghann on July 26, 2012

Why, hello, Georgie. Long time no grill.

Derek is working from home today and decided to break the George Foreman out for his usual double sandwiches for lunch. His looked so good that I knew I needed to do the same – two pieces of whole wheat bread with cheese, hummus, cucumber, tomato, and spinach grilled to perfection.

I doubled the layers of veggies and cheese so it cook a little longer to press. The wait was worth it, nothing beats a hot veggie panini for lunch.

WIth a side of last night’s leftover rutabaga.

Get Your Good Going

I’ll admit there are times when sitting on the couch and doing nothing sounds like a great idea, but I’ll also admit I’m horrible at it. I tend to fidget, talk a lot, and randomly jump off the couch to do something – anything! – to get moving. Ask Derek – I’m helpless. See, the thing is, I live for adventures, I like to try new things, and spending time with family or friends always trumps staying inside. That’s what gets my good going.

Get Your Good GOing.jpeg

Get Your Good Going is the inspiration behind Blue Diamond Almond’s latest sweepstakes on Facebook. Check out their story:

We came together as a co-op. A co-op for good. Because when you start something good, it only gets better. Good is in every Blue Diamond Almond we grow. In every snack can and Breeze carton we sell. From Whole Natural to Smokehouse to Wasabi and Soy. From Original to Vanilla to Chocolate. It’s a catalyst. It’s contagious. It branches out into every aspect of our lives. Good is conquering a roller coaster, hanging ten with your nine-year old, hiking half-dome with your fiancée, singing your lungs out and whacking a piñata. Good is a wonderful feeling. A magical feeling. An inspirational feeling. And once it gets going, there’s no stopping what you can do. So grab a can or carton of good and Get Your Good Going.

I love this!

Want an instant mood booster? Think back to all the things that “Get Your Good Going.”

Smiling, yet?

That’s what I thought. :)

So, how do I get my good going? By getting outside!

Whether it’s biking adventures with friends….

Crossing the finish line of a marathon 3 minutes faster than my last one….

DSC_0094.JPG

Re-living my youth at the local theme park….

Or just getting outside to watch a movie in the grass instead of on the couch…

I try to get my good going every day with a morning workout. Starting my day off right by getting out there and MOVING is what puts a smile on my face and makes every day just a little better.

What gets your good going?

Check out the Blue Diamond Almond Sweepstakes going on right now through Facebook. Upload a photo that best depicts each week’s theme for a chance to win that week’s prize pack and earn a Blue Diamond Almond coupon just for participating.

This week is “Rockin Out to the Music” week.

Here’s mine.

Callie and I rockin’ out before the Tangled 5k in February. We were rockin’ so hard the camera couldn’t even keep up!

Good times. Good times. :)

*This post was sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. All opinions are my own.

1 Callie @ The Wannabe Athlete July 26, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Haha. I love that both my sister and I made this post. Good times, good times!
Callie @ The Wannabe Athlete recently posted..Beachy Living

2 Beth (Running with the Sunrise) July 26, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Your Tangled 5K photos are adorable! If people saw how much fun you’re having in those photos, I think everyone would want to run a 5K.
Beth (Running with the Sunrise) recently posted..Why I love the running community

3 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats July 26, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Ooo that sandwich looks great! I love road trips with my best friend and running/races with friends! And all things froyo!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

4 Candice July 26, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Yummy lunch!
Love this post!!
I made a link to it on my latest post! Totally agree, lets get our good going! ;)

5 Cait's Plate July 26, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Cute post :) I love anything outside, and anything that involves being with my family to “get my good going”!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Spicy Black Bean Burgers with Chipotle Adobo Dipping Sauce

6 Gabby (Quest for Delicious) July 26, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Your panini looks restaurant-worthy. :) Yum!
Gabby (Quest for Delicious) recently posted..When in doubt, find a coffee shop

7 Meredith July 26, 2012 at 9:36 pm

I thought it was cute that the disclaimer at the end of the post says ‘Blue Almond Diamonds’ :) Oops!

8 amy July 26, 2012 at 10:46 pm

pressed sandwiches are the best!! feel like a fancier meal!
amy recently posted..Understanding body image

9 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 26, 2012 at 11:46 pm

I’m definitely with you on the get out there and get moving! I over slept this morning and ended up not being able to make it to the gym. I could tell almost immediately that something was off. Here’s to waking up early tomorrow and getting my good going with an awesome run! :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Summer Bucket List Check-in

10 Hayley July 27, 2012 at 1:14 am

Have you ever tried the Color Run? I am dying to try it and it looks like SO much fun. Check out the link! I think this would be a definite good going :)

11 Meghann July 27, 2012 at 9:31 am

I registered for one coming here in December. I can’t wait!

12 Angie @ Losing It and Loving It July 28, 2012 at 9:53 am

That sandwich looks so tasty. I think George Foreman is in my future!

Love me some Blue Diamond Almonds, great company.
Angie @ Losing It and Loving It recently posted..Time for the 2012 London Summer Olympics

13 Andrea August 3, 2012 at 10:09 pm

We did the Tangled 5k too and had so much fun! Are you signed up for any more Disney races? We are signed up for the Tower of Terror 10 Miler (which will be our longest distance yet..currently up to 8 miles in training) and we singned up for the Food & Wine Half, Disney Marathon Weekend Half, and Princess Half!
Andrea recently posted..2012 Mammoth Book Challenge- August Update