Four Courses

by Meghann on July 26, 2012

Tonight Derek and I ate somewhere neither of us have been in years – Red Lobster.

20120726_193618.jpg

He had some extended family in town from Cayman and dinner at Red Lobster was our excuse to visit with them before they head out in the morning. They’ve actually been town for over a week now, but the first part of their visit was spent in Orlando at Disney World where two of the kids were participating in an international soccer tournament at Wide World of Sports. Over 100 soccer teams, representing 19 countries, participated in the tournament. The girls represented Cayman in the under-14 girls division and managed to make it to the finals before being cut in the second to last round. I’d say that’s pretty bad-ass.

It was my first time meeting a lot of the extended family, and it was nice to finally match some faces with names. Plus, I always get a kick out “I remember when Derek..” stories. Trust me, they had plenty. ;)

20120726_201940.jpg

Considering we had 20+ people in our party, the staff at Red Lobster were great at seating us right away and immediately filling our table with their famous cheddar biscuits. I had one and savored every buttery bite.

20120726_200047.jpg

After browsing the menu (p.s. when did Red Lobster get so pricey?!), the $14.99 Four-Course Seafood Feast seemed like the best bang for your buck. You got a soup, salad, entree, and dessert for less than 80% of the other entrees on the main menu.

20120726_195531.jpg

I started with the spicy chicken tortilla soup, which was actually quite tasty and full of nice sized chunks of chicken.

20120726_202136.jpg

Then the garden salad

20120726_204153.jpg

And the coconut and pineapple shrimp for my main course.

20120726_210812.jpg

Really liked the pineapple salsa on the shrimps skewers. Sweet and savory is the way to go!

For dessert, I opted for the brownie a la mode.

20120726_214538.jpg

Yum.

Each of the four courses were slightly smaller portions than what was being served off the normal menu, which is actually something I really enjoyed about it. That way I didn’t feel the need to over stuff myself on everything and felt completely satisfied just eating what was being served in front of me. Even the little brownie at the end was the perfect few bites to calm my sweet tooth without putting me over the edge.

It was nice getting to know the fam, but they definitely kept me up past my bed time.

Time to get some sleep.

Good night!

1 Katelyn July 26, 2012 at 11:30 pm

Glad you enjoyed! I haven’t been to a chain restaurant in yearrrrs. (unless you count Subway?) The shrimp looks un. real.
Katelyn recently posted..{Sweating Dirty}: Messed-Up Version of The Bear.

2 Sana July 26, 2012 at 11:35 pm

Yumm! I <3 the dessert at Red Lobster!

3 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 26, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Red Lobster was always one of my favorite restaurants growing up! The only problem is that I could never stop at just ONE of those biscuits. They’re just too good!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Summer Bucket List Check-in

4 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 26, 2012 at 11:50 pm

I always try to make it out to Red Lobster once a year or so – I refuse to go without one of their biscuits for any longer than that.

That salsa looks so good!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..The Other 20 Percent.

5 Shauna@Pleasure, not Punishment July 27, 2012 at 12:21 am

Dude, cheddar biscuits. NOMNOMNOM….
Shauna@Pleasure, not Punishment recently posted..50 Things That Make Me Really Happy

6 Liz July 27, 2012 at 12:23 am

I loved Red Lobster when I was younger, but the last few times I had been there, it wasn’t very good (probably at least 5 years now). However, I’ve been wanting to try them again because I’ve been hearing better things lately/seeing some good looking commercials. I used to love the biscuits & the cajun chicken pasta.

7 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope July 27, 2012 at 8:33 am

I love Red Lobster! I did the 4 course meal with my fiance last month and we loved it! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Mini Target & Petite Walmart?…

8 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats July 27, 2012 at 9:00 am

I like the 4 course menu idea, especially the smaller portion part! I love to taste multiple dishes without it being too much!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Wild Book Review + Giveaway Winner!

9 Cait's Plate July 27, 2012 at 9:10 am

Oh my that brownie a la mode is unreal! I honestly don’t think I’ve EVER been to a Red Lobster. Crazy, I know.
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki Sauce

10 Katie D. July 27, 2012 at 9:23 am

I had the same meal on Tuesday night! I was happy that I was able to bring home 2 coconut shrimp and a few grilled shirmp and rice for lunch the next day!

11 Sarah July 27, 2012 at 9:28 am

Hi!
I LOVED your ring idea sooo much! It looked perfect with your engagement ring and adds sweet sentimental value… any updates? My fingers are crossed ;)

Sarah

12 Meghann July 27, 2012 at 9:30 am

No updates yes. Jeweler told me 6 weeks.

13 amy July 27, 2012 at 9:30 am

My boyfriend and I just used a gift card there and each got the same thing! I had the BBQ shrimp which was awesome, but wasn’t a fan of the brownie, tasted like molten cake to me…no thanks!
amy recently posted..Understanding body image

14 Becky @ runfundone July 27, 2012 at 9:36 am

My mom got sick once after eating a Red Lobster, and had an aversion afterwards, so I’ve never been there. Now I’m curious. It looks kinda delicious!
Becky @ runfundone recently posted..Try Something New Thursday: My First Running Relay

15 Emily N July 27, 2012 at 10:17 am

I have never been to red lobster. (allergic to shellfish) :(
Emily N recently posted..Family + Body Image

16 Sloane @ Life Food and Beer July 27, 2012 at 11:04 am

The last time I went to Red Lobster with my parents, I thought the same thing! Very expensive!! The four course meal seems reasonable though.
Sloane @ Life Food and Beer recently posted..Who Dat!?

17 Cassie @The Rad Dish July 27, 2012 at 12:37 pm

My husband and I actually just went to Red Lobster last night. We had a coupon for $5 off one meal or $10 off two meals. (You can download the coupon from TheRadDish.com).

We ordered the 4 course meal to split together and that worked out great! The only thing I would say is that when I went home to input my food into myfitnesspal, it said I had eaten nearly 1000 calories! I was shocked considering that we had split the meal. The cheese biscuits alone are 150 calories EACH! And the brownie dessert, even though it is a smaller version than the regular is still over 400 calories (so even though I split it with my husband, it was still 200 calories!!). So while it was cheap money wise -about $10 (before tax and tip) with the coupon- it was expensive in calories.