more ยป" />

The Start of a Brand New Week

by Meghann on July 23, 2012

Good Morning!

Who’s ready for the start of a brand new week?! I’m slowly warming up to the idea. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I had to take Derek to work this morning, so I stuck to my neighborhood for a quick and easy run. I covered just about 4 miles and was surprised to see 4 runners on the sidewalk with me. Considering I’m usually lucky to see one other runner out during my early runs, it was a nice surprise to see a few others lacing up their running shoes.

How about you? Do you see a lot of runners out when you run? I tend to see a lot more on the weekends or in the evening, I guess not as many people enjoy the 6:30am weekday runs like I do.

When I returned home I made a quick bowl of yogurt, peach, and granola before driving Derek to his office across town.

• plain yogurt: $0.64 ($3.39 for container)
  • 1/2 peach: $0.56 ($1.12 for one peach)
  • granola: $0.40 ($2.50 for box)
  • Total: $1.60

Just over a day left in the #Suriveon35 challenge and that was the last of the granola. We’re also out of bread. Derek took the last of it to work today in the form of his usual two sandwiches. I’m moving tomorrow’s planned stir fry to tonight and am crossing my fingers they’ll be enough left over for Derek to have for lunch on Tuesday. Otherwise I plan to hard boil a couple of eggs and doing something with that for him for a meal. We’ll see.

After breakfast I took Derek to work, and now I’m ready to start my day. Hopefully this week will move a little slower than last week – too much to do, to little time!

Have a great Monday!

Don’t forget! Anytime Fitness is upping the ante with the #SurviveOn35 challenge by raising funds for Cooking Matters, an origanization that teaches low income families how to prepare healthy, affordable meals. Click here to learn how you can help.

Iโ€™m participating in the #SurviveOn35 Challenge with Anytime Fitness and FItFluential. Check out THIS POST to learn more.

1 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes July 23, 2012 at 10:57 am

I definitely see more runners on the weekends than during the weekdays. (I always run in the morning, so I can’t speak for evening runnerd traffic ;)) I went running at 6 a.m. this morning, and I saw three cyclists, but no runners.
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Write It Down, Do It Up โ€“ Week of July 22

2 Gabby (Quest for Delicious) July 23, 2012 at 11:23 am

I’m definitely ready for the new week. I have a lot to do this week, but by the time it’s all over, I’ll feel very accomplished. ๐Ÿ™‚
Gabby (Quest for Delicious) recently posted..Things i like: urban outfitters

3 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 23, 2012 at 11:26 am

I usually go out for my weekday runs around 9ish, where I usually see 1 or 2 other runners. On weekends (about the same time) I see closer to 5 or 6 more – I guess morning runs in general are just not popular during the week!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..French Toast Kind of Monday.

4 Allison July 23, 2012 at 11:28 am

I hardly ever see people out onmy earlymorning runs. Itsusuallyjustme and the dog.
I can’t wait to hear your final thoughts on the project!
Allison recently posted..Friday confessions

5 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 23, 2012 at 11:30 am

I don’t often run outside because it bothers my asthma but I’m generally pretty surprised by the number of people at the gym the moment they open everyday.
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday

6 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats July 23, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Haha I’m hoping the week moves FAST! I had a busy weekend and didn’t really get to relax, so I’m dying for this upcoming weekend and I’ve got a really slow week in my way…
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Chicago Rock N Roll Half Race Recap

7 Allison @ Running Through Red Lights July 23, 2012 at 1:04 pm

I’m dreading the start of this week, as it means football season/high school sports are officially beginning and it’s back to crazy schedules. :-/

I usually see a lot more people out running on the weekends, but rarely see anyone during the week. We have a nice trail along Lake Michigan that people use, but during the summer it’s so crowded with bikers, rollerbladers, walkers, that I feel like it’s hard to run on.
Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..Tri Like Angels

8 Run, Run Johnny July 23, 2012 at 1:07 pm

My weekday runs tend to be after 10pm. Not too many people are out at all at that time. I am lucky enough to be a mile from a long stretch of road along a lake shore. On the weekends I see tons of runners.
Run, Run Johnny recently posted..Week 5 Recap โ€“ I had a lot of pizza.

9 Sara July 23, 2012 at 1:13 pm

I see quite a few people out on my morning runs… I start at 5:45am. People probably go a bit earlier than 6:30am depending on what time they have to be at work or have their kids up & going.
Sara recently posted..Strawberry Balsamic Bacon Pizza

10 Kristi July 23, 2012 at 1:27 pm

I rarely see other runners while I’m out on my early morning runs (before 7), but this morning I saw 2!

11 Diana July 23, 2012 at 1:46 pm

I live in a new community outside a resort town on the East Coast. The community was built right before the recession, so there aren’t a lot of people living here year round. In the summertime when people come down here I’ll see anywhere from 2 to 6 runners in the morning (usually about 9am). In the off-season I might see an occasional weekend runner, but during the week it’s usually my dog and I. Last winter I was training for the Disney Princess Half and did my long runs in the resort town I mentioned (Ocean City, MD). I always went running at around 2-3 pm on Sundays, and I started counting the people on the street (non-runners) to pass the time. I never counted more than 5…
Diana recently posted..Inspiration

12 Annette @FitnessPerks July 23, 2012 at 1:55 pm

I see a lot of runners in the early a.m. at a park nearby the house, but otherwise, not so many during the week in later hours (8 a.m. ish)

YUMMY granola bowl!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Hormones Highlight: Ghrelin & Leptin + Salty Weekend Recap

13 Melissa July 23, 2012 at 2:03 pm

I go at 5, and run for 30-45 mins and see tons of people, probably 10+, bc of work for me and lots of others I’m sure and the heat is unbearable waiting until 630. I don’t even wait til 630 on weekends in the summer.

14 amy July 23, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Mmm, loving peaches right now!
amy recently posted..Wake Up Call

15 CampingGirl July 23, 2012 at 3:48 pm

I walk/run around my suburb at 7am and always see lots of people walking their dogs and running/walking.
CampingGirl recently posted..A Day On The Water

16 Kashi @ Cape Island Runners July 23, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I live in a coastal community and this time of year there are lots of runners on the roads! The winters, not so much, just a few hardy souls left over ๐Ÿ™‚
Kashi @ Cape Island Runners recently posted..Fall Race Plans!

17 Nina July 23, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Maybe it’s just where I live, but people are running nonstop from 6am-9am and then some mid day runners and nonstop again from 5pm-9pm. I must just live in an active place.

18 Sara@RunningInPinkProject July 23, 2012 at 6:55 pm

I constantly run in to people on walks/runs. The time of day doesnt matter. The weekends are horrible because of the crowded trails. Thats when I like to cut down onto a dirt trail and be a little more by myself.
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..Solo Again