more ยป" />

Food, Run, Yoga, More Food

by Meghann on July 21, 2012

Happy Saturday!

Bayshore.jpeg

Don’t let the beautiful views fool you. I didn’t start my run this morning until after 8:00, which meant the heat and humidity were already in full force. Beautiful? Absolutely. Practical? Not so much. What you’re missing is a photo of my red face covered in sweat. I only ran 3 miles, but man did it feel like 100.

Luckily, I was able to escape to the AC for a nice post-run cool down at Lululemon and their free Saturday morning yoga classe.

yogafeet.jpeg

Every Saturday at 9:00am the Lululemon in Hyde Park invites the local community into their store for a free yoga class. The classes are an hour long, open to yogis of all levels, and are led by local instructors who vary week-to-week.

Screen shot 2012-07-21 at 11.45.05 AM.png

This was only the second time I’ve worked it out where I was able to take the class after a run, but I really need to try and work it out more often. Not only was it great to immediately cool off in the cold, beautiful central ac that flowed through the store, but it was also really nice to give my body the true stretch/ massage that it deserved. However, next time I need to bring a change of clothes before yoga. Hot, sweaty running clothes weren’t cutting it in the class. Not at all.

On another note, Lululemon is hosting a Glow Yoga Dance Party at Curtis Hixon Park next weekend.

615682_393308440735821_167672172_o.jpeg

This FREE event fuses music, yoga, dance, and glow sticks – how could it not be fun?! Any other Tampa locals interested in going? Details can be found HERE.

Since I knew I wanted to hit yoga at 9:00, and sneak in a run on Bayshore before hand, I decided to eat breakfast before I left. What was on the menu?

Eggs, Mango, and Toast.

Simple. Healthy. Delicious.

And cheap.

• Toast: $0.16
  • 2 eggs: $0.28
  • 1/2 mango: $0.50
  • Total: $0.94

After yoga I had the rest of last night’s sweet potato fries for a post-workout snack.

• Sweet potato: $0.42

We have no plans the rest of the day. Maybe we can squeeze in some Maddie play time.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

1 amy July 21, 2012 at 12:33 pm

That first picture is deceiving, it’s gorgeous!!

2 Jordan @ Bake Write Sleep July 21, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I wouldn’t even walk 3 miles in the crazy humidity & heat. You’re a trooper.

3 Xiomara @ parkesdale July 21, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I’m planning on being there for the Yoga Glow! Hopefully I’ll run into you.

4 Clare @ Fitting It All In July 21, 2012 at 2:41 pm

I’ve done “glowga” with Lulu before! So fun – but it was packed and SO SWEATY!

5 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 21, 2012 at 2:46 pm

I have always been meaning to go to one of Lulu’s free yoga classes, especially since one of my favorite yoga instructors / friends sometimes teaches them. I definitely need to go!!

6 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama July 21, 2012 at 3:31 pm

I wish my lulu showroom had an early Saturday morning yoga. It’s at 10:30. Way too late for me. I’ve got things to do.

7 Erin @ erinberries July 21, 2012 at 3:35 pm

That mango looks delicious! So juicy and yummy. It’s always hard to find them to be just the right ripeness….or maybe I’m just too anxious to eat them. :)

8 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats July 21, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Ooooo Glow Yoga sounds pretty cool!

9 mary @ minutespermile July 21, 2012 at 4:09 pm

cool that your yoga studio is so involved in the community. i’m pretty sure if you did that in DC about 500 people would cram into a little store!!

10 dee July 21, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Mary, the lululemon stores in DC host yoga events too! Check out their facebook page or stop in and check out their community events boards! Every lululemon store hosts a free yoga class at least once per week.

The DC stores hosted an event on the Mall a few weeks back 500+ yogis practicing in the shadow of the Washington Monument. It was beautiful!

11 Beth July 21, 2012 at 6:12 pm

I LOVE practicing yoga after running! When I do plan to go to a class I make sure to get in my run earlier that day so I can get all the benefits of the stretching during class instead of getting all limber and then tightening up my legs during my run. I think running and yoga are like yin and yang–they compliment each other perfectly!

12 Gabby (Quest for Delicious) July 21, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Glow yoga sounds super fun! Too bad I’m not in Tampa!

13 mourig July 21, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Ooooo Glow Yoga sounds pretty cool!

what-isyoga.blogspot.com

14 Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy July 21, 2012 at 9:12 pm

what a delicious breakfast! and yay for free yoga!

15 Karen Evans July 22, 2012 at 1:53 am

Hey are you in Chi? Hyde Park is close t me as I live in the south burbs. Is there a lot of parking by Lulu or do you think it would be easier to take the train?

16 Karen Evans July 22, 2012 at 1:54 am

HAHA! NM- I see palm trees. Not so much Chicago!

17 Fridick July 22, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Looks beautiful outside. Great job, taking advantage of free yoga. I wish places out here in the boonies where I live offered that.

18 Sara@RunningInPinkProject July 22, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Im hoping next time Im in town on a Saturday I can mosey over there. I really like that little area.

19 Katie @ A Full Plate July 22, 2012 at 8:47 pm

I heard about Glow Yoga and may try to go! I’ve taken some yoga classes at the Dali with Eric and he’s great!

20 Candice July 23, 2012 at 9:40 am

The mangoes look AMAZING! My mouth is watering.