I have a very talented cousin

by Meghann on July 19, 2012

Good morning!

I started the morning with a 5 mile run (I should have took a photo – pink shirt + teal skirt + neon green PureConnects = awesome)

Simple oatmeal

• 1/2 cup oats $0.14 ($1.79 for container)
  • 1/2 cup milk $0.11 ($3.49 for gallon)
  • 1/2 cup water $0.00 (from sink)
  • 1/2 apple $0.58 ($1.15)
  • 1/4 cup granola $.11 ($2.50)
  • Total: $0.94

Oats are a great, cheap breakfast item. I saved a little by buying the Publix store brand (which I usually buy anyways). I just wish I had saved room in my budget for peanut butter, it wasn’t the same without it.

Wedding Photos

My sister’s photographer (our very amazing and talented cousin Andrea! ) posted some of Kelly’s wedding photos last night. Here are a few of my favorites:

See more at I can’t wait to go through the rest!

Congrats to SUSIE B.! Susie is the winner of a brand new pair of minimalist shoes from the Brooks Running PureProject line. Susie has already been contacted and arrangements are being made to pair her with her new shoes.

Congrats, Susie!

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life July 19, 2012 at 10:13 am

I absolutely adore Kelly’s wedding photos! Andrea did a fantastic job capturing such a wonderful day in your family’s life :)
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..Snack Review: Müller Yogurt

2 Kaitlyn July 19, 2012 at 10:19 am

I like how you broke down the price of your breakfast. Makes me wonder the costs of my meals. Beautiful wedding pictures!
Kaitlyn recently posted..Being a full time Auntie

3 Meghann July 19, 2012 at 10:30 am

I’m finding it interesting too. I’ve never broken down how much each meal is before.

4 Jordan @ Bake Write Sleep July 19, 2012 at 10:25 am

Your sister is gorgeous! =] Those are awesome photos. I hope mine turn out that well!
Jordan @ Bake Write Sleep recently posted..Going Paleo and taking everyone with me.

5 Meghann July 19, 2012 at 10:29 am

They’ll be beautiful :)

6 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City July 19, 2012 at 10:31 am

Those pictures are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Zucchini Lovin’

7 Mary @ food and fun on the run July 19, 2012 at 10:35 am

The pics turned out so so well! I can not wait to see how your wedding photos are going to turn out!! :)
Mary @ food and fun on the run recently posted..Focus On You: Take Control

8 Elisabeth July 19, 2012 at 10:40 am

I love the one of Kelly looking at the camera over her husband’s shoulder! 😀

9 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope July 19, 2012 at 10:52 am

Those pictures turned out beautiful! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Wholly Guacamole Pineapple Salsa Chicken & GIVEAWAY!!!…

10 Julie July 19, 2012 at 10:58 am

Those pictures are so cute! I especially love the second one of your mom and sis crying. So touching!
Julie recently posted..90.3 Fan Fest and Random Musings

11 Heather July 19, 2012 at 11:07 am

beautiful! she did a great job of capturing the day.
Heather recently posted..Sweat Pink

12 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 19, 2012 at 11:24 am

Some absolutely stunning photos! :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Motivational Thursday

13 Amanda N July 19, 2012 at 11:26 am

Beautiful photos! Looks like it was a wonderful wedding as well!

14 Allison @ Running Through Red Lights July 19, 2012 at 11:50 am

Your sister’s pictures are stunning! It looks like they had such an amazing wedding!
Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..Four Years

15 Cait's Plate July 19, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Wow you certainly do have a talented cousin!! Those photos are incredible!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Whole Grain Naan Breakfast Pizza

16 Jessica @ New Girl, New City July 19, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Those pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

17 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats July 19, 2012 at 12:39 pm

What beautiful photos!!! Haha and who is that little boy by the cake!? Too funny. I do have a question with the challenge, do you feel like your meals on this are keeping you as full as regular meals? I just know I need protein and healthy fats (lol like PB!) to make a meal really last me a few hours.
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

18 Beverly Aragon July 19, 2012 at 12:45 pm

The wedding photos are absolutely STUNNING!!! Love them all, but my faves include the one of your mom crying happy tears and Kelly looking over Anthony’s shoulder. Your cousin is captured the moments so beautifully!

19 Tara July 19, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Meghann, please read this.

Your refusal to engage in a dialogue with your readers regarding this “challenge” is disrespectful and emblematic of your limited knowledge surrounding public health issues.

20 Meghann July 19, 2012 at 1:34 pm

I’m sorry, but I am not refusing to engage with my readers, you can read all of my responses in the comment section of this post:

21 Meghann July 19, 2012 at 1:35 pm

On another note, I’ll take your post recommendation and raise you one. Please read this:

22 Annette @FitnessPerks July 19, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Such pretty wedding photos!!!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..If Your Dreams Don’t Scare You…

23 Leah July 19, 2012 at 2:10 pm

I honestly just don’t understand this challenge. I don’t have anything against it, I just don’t understand it. You already stated that you didn’t spend any less on groceries than you or Derek would have without the challenge. The only thing different that you are doing is not using kitchen staples. That doesn’t make sense to me, because any “poor” person would use their kitchen staples regardless. Do you see what I mean?

24 Meghann July 19, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Yes, but we’re also not going out to eat either. We typically eat out 2-4 meals a week, and Derek buys his lunch the majority of the work week. This challenge stops that and sees if we can budget on $35 each without the extras that we tend to rely on. The point of this challenge is to bring awareness around the issues of food stamps, and promote healthy eating even while on a tight budget. It’s also a way for the challengers to see how much we take tend to take for granted. Honestly, when people start most challenges, they’re not sure where the challenge is going to take them. I started out with one idea of what this is, and it’s developing into another. I’m going to hold off the majority of my thoughts until the final write up because I’m still trying to work them out.

25 kirsten July 19, 2012 at 2:14 pm

beautiful pictures! i especially like the last one!!

26 Melissa July 19, 2012 at 2:54 pm

I’d go easy on the longer runs in those PureConnects. I work at a running store and we see more returns from people who run 3 + miles in the Pure series, only to come back complaining that their calves and knees are sore. You’re supposed to ease into them or you run into the possibility of injuring yourself, especially in the PureConnects.

27 Meghann July 19, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Thanks for the tip!

28 Charlotte Geary July 19, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Such beautiful photos! Your sister must be thrilled!!
Charlotte Geary recently posted..My before and after weight loss photos

29 MegS July 19, 2012 at 10:42 pm

She looks beautiful! The pictures were nicely done! :-)
MegS recently posted..Eggin’ dinner on!