Put an egg on it

by Meghann on July 17, 2012

When life gives you frozen pizza…

Put an egg on it and call it dinner.

Actually this was lunch. And dinner. It was a busy day and the leftovers from lunch worked just fine for dinner too.

I don’t know why people don’t do eggs on frozen pizzas more often it’s sooooo good and really easy to do (directions are here). It’s the perfect way to spice up the typical boring pizza.

The base was the Kashi Mediterranean Pizza – on sale at Publix this week. I love how light and crispy the Kashi pizzas are, they have a nice crunch to them.

On the side I had the rest of yesterday’s edamame.

With dinner, I paired the remaining two slices with some pan fried okra and olives.

Yes, okra and olives. They were a surprisingly delicious pair.

I had a blueberry VitaTop muffin on my way out the door this afternoon as a snack.

And some toffee ice cream for dessert.

Time for bed.

After Glee Project. 😉

Good Night!

1 Sana July 17, 2012 at 10:52 pm

I have not had pizza in foreverrrr!
Sana recently posted..My Weekend.

2 Katie Heddleston July 17, 2012 at 10:53 pm

Love eggs on pizza too — especially if it’s a white pizza. YUMMO!
Katie Heddleston recently posted..Let’s Sweat Pink!

3 Cait's Plate July 17, 2012 at 10:53 pm

Oh my gosh I LOVE that idea!!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Fresh Summertime Lemonade

4 Megan @ Megan's Munchies July 17, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Man! I wish I wasn’t allergic to pizza! That looks delicious!
Megan @ Megan’s Munchies recently posted..Megan’s Munchies Does Taste of Dallas 2012

5 Jina July 17, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Great idea! Yum.

6 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 17, 2012 at 11:00 pm

I always go for frozen pizza when I’m not in the mood to cook…I should try an egg on it sometime – more protein and just sounds tasty. :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Turkers.

7 Emma July 17, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Hmmmm I’m not really one to put eggs on anything, I usually just eat them plain, but this sounds like a good way to give frozen pizza a little something extra – maybe I’ll have to try it!

8 Lauren K @ Tomato Face Runs Again July 17, 2012 at 11:38 pm

That pizza looks amazing! I might have to try a variation at some point. Here in the city they plop an egg on top and charge $$$. I like your version so much better.
Lauren K @ Tomato Face Runs Again recently posted..Random Thoughts 7/17/12

9 Erin @ erinberries July 18, 2012 at 12:02 am

I’ve seen that in Italy! They put eggs on pizza all over the place. I always wondered what it would be like.
Erin @ erinberries recently posted..Keep on Clipping

10 Becky @ runfundone July 18, 2012 at 12:47 am

I am very curious about this egg-on-pizza thing. Does it work with any flavor of pizza, or should I be choosey about what I add my egg to?
Becky @ runfundone recently posted..Nurses are Champions!

11 Meghann July 18, 2012 at 11:04 am

I think it would work on any flavor. I mainly do it on frozen pizzas since the toppings are usually small, so I think that would be a good criteria. Bulkier toppings would get in the way.

12 j3nn July 18, 2012 at 1:12 am

I’ve never had egg on pizza, but I am intrigued and would like to try!
j3nn recently posted..Got, Give, and Grew

13 Sara @my less serious life July 18, 2012 at 6:43 am

i love eggs on pizza and always order it when i see it in a restaurant. why i dont’ do it myself – i have no idea!
Sara @my less serious life recently posted..what i ate wednesday: issue 42

14 Amanda July 18, 2012 at 7:05 am

I should totally try this for my Husband, it looks like something he’d like and I’m pretty intrigued myself.
Amanda recently posted..Couch to 5k

15 MegS July 18, 2012 at 7:33 am

Wow, that looks amazing! I haven’t had an egg on a pizza like that before! I may need to try that! :-)
MegS recently posted..Days go by

16 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope July 18, 2012 at 8:04 am

I’ve never had an egg on pizza before. I really want to try it. It sounds interesting! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: Must Take Photos!…

17 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats July 18, 2012 at 8:54 am

I want to try the egg on the pizza idea, but I never end up eating pizza! I need to give it a try!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..WIAW–Run and Spin!

18 Elisabeth July 18, 2012 at 9:04 am

I love all the Kashi pizzas!!

19 Jordan @ Bake Write Sleep July 18, 2012 at 9:26 am

I’ll have to find a recipe to make Paleo pizza crust so I can make that. Looks SO good. =]
Jordan @ Bake Write Sleep recently posted..Going Paleo and taking everyone with me.

20 Hollie July 18, 2012 at 10:12 am

Now I know whats for dinner tonight! That looks delish!
Hollie recently posted..MWLC Photo Food Journal 7/17/12

21 Martha Lilian July 18, 2012 at 11:32 am

Oh noms! While I have some leftover chicken gyro (also delicious) awaiting me tonight, I am definitely making this tastiness tomorrow. Amy’s Pesto Pizza + Egg is going to equal awesome.
Martha Lilian recently posted..What You Won’t Be Seeing Here