more ยป" />

Waking Up In Orlando

by Meghann on July 15, 2012

Friday night I fell asleep on the 9:45 red-eye out of Seattle… 5 hours later I woke up Saturday morning in Orlando.

They weren’t the best 5 hours of sleep I’ve ever had, but they certainly weren’t the worst either. I lucked out with an entire row to myself, which gave me enough room to curl up in a little ball and pass out. I also made the smartest move of my traveling career by changing into a comfy sweater, leggings, and Toms right before the flight. Not only was I incredibly comfortable, but the change of clothes kept me a little warmer on the FREEZING plane. Can’t even imagine how cold I would have been without them. I can also see why people pay $10 for a blanket and pillow on flights. If our crew would have offered them, I would have happily handed over my credit card with a smile. Next time I have a red-eye, I’m determined to find a way to sneak a pillow and blanket on the flight. ;)

As soon as we landed, I hopped in my car and headed across town to meet with a potential hair person for my wedding. I arrived early and ran into Publix for a parfait. I was hoping to find a cute little cafe to eat at, but there really wasn’t much around – Publix had to do.

We met at Barnie’s at 8, and I had my first large coffee of the day.

The meeting went great. It was with the same girl who did our hair for my sister’s wedding, so it wasn’t too hard of a sell. I’ve already seen her work, she’s done my hair before (and I loved the results!), and she was able to cut me a good deal – I signed the contract of the spot! I’ll fill in more details on the wedding page sometime in the coming week, but I will say it feels good to have one more thing crossed off the list!

After the coffee date, I headed back across town to help some friends move. I’m not saying I was much help with less than 5 hours of broken sleep, but I wanted to at least drop in and say hi. It was the first time seeing my friend in all her pregnant glory (she’s just over 6 months now), so when the invite came in on Facebook, I couldn’t say no!

Unfortunately, I could only stay for an hour or so before I had to meet Derek and Maddie at my parents. I had some nuts on my way.

Back at my parents’ place, I finally had a chance to change out of my flying clothes (and shower!). A family friend was getting married and I wanted to look (and smell) my best.

We stopped for gas on the way to the wedding and I grabbed a veggie breakfast burrito from the Dunkin Donuts.

Unfortunately I didn’t realize how tiny the burrito was until we were back on the road. If I had known, I would have ordered two.

I also had my second coffee of the day. The lack of sleep was catching up to me and I took a nap on the way to church.

The wedding was gorgeous.

Carissa was a stunning bride. Everything from her dress, to her flowers, to her signature smile was perfect.

IMG_7496.jpg IMG_7497.jpg

It was an honor to see a couple who are so perfect for each other seal their love in matrimony.

Congrats, Carissa and Shawn!!!

We had a couple of hours to kill between the ceremony and the reception. Luckily we found a bar across the street from the reception to relax in.

A trio dip was ordered and split among the group.

Then it was reception time.

I LOVED their choice of venue. The History Center was so unique and fun. Loved it.

Feed your guests and educate them at the same time… What’s not to love?

IMG_7533.jpg

The passed apps were hot and delicious. Loved the mini crab cakes.

IMG_7535.JPG IMG_7537.JPG

IMG_7553.jpg IMG_7554.jpg

Buffet dinner.

Candy bar!

(the candy went fast! these bars are always a huge hit.)

Dance time!

They had a killer DJ! Definitely made sure to grab his business card before the night was over.

IMG_7609.JPG IMG_7610.jpg

IMG_7611.jpg IMG_7613.jpg

Should I be worried that Derek held baby Jake more than I did?

Cupcakes!!

IMG_7664.JPG IMG_7667.JPG

Cinnamon cupcake – AMAZING!

I’ve known Carissa for 15+ years. Growing up she was my best friend’s cousin, but over the years she’s become an extended member of the family. I love her to pieces and can say without a doubt that she has truly found her perfect match in Shawn. They are absolutely perfect for each other. I wish them nothing but many years of happiness in the future.

Congrats, again, Carissa and Shawn!

Man, that was a long day. I crashed as soon as we got home and enjoyed 9 hours of blissful sleep. I felt so much better after that. :)

1 Kashi @ Cape Island Runners July 15, 2012 at 11:11 am

Oh my gosh, that was truly insane! Wowies, great job on staying up and looking so good – I’d have looked like death by the end of that, lol! My hubby and I also went to a wedding yesterday and it was the first one we have been to sin ce tyong the knot. It gave me a little charge to see our names as “Mr. and Mrs.” on the escort cards. It is also really cool attending a ceremony when you have memories of your own. Def cried a little more than normal!

2 Army Amy* July 15, 2012 at 12:31 pm

The airline makes people pay for blankies? Lame! And how did I not know this? I just took a trip where I flew Quantas, and they are amazing. (We had pillows, blankets, headphones, so much food, even ice cream!) I wish they flew domestically here in the states.*
Army Amy* recently posted..Stateside

3 Meghann July 15, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Only a couple of airlines do. And every time I fly internationally I’m always super impressed by all the airlines out there. They really do step it up a notch!

4 Cait's Plate July 15, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Dunkin does veggie burritos now?! Where have I been? Good to know they’re super tiny.

Also that cinnamon cupcake? YUM. Glad you’re home safe and sound! Nothing like a good night’s sleep in your own bed!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Easy Mason Jar Peach Parfait

5 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats July 15, 2012 at 1:38 pm

looks like an eventful and exhausting 24 hours!!! I hope you slept in plenty today!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Pancakes? Yes, Please.

6 Laura @ May Your Bobbin Always Be Full July 15, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Oh my gosh that was a crazy day you had! But it seems like you had a fabulous time and got so much done despite the lack of sleep.
Laura @ May Your Bobbin Always Be Full recently posted..Fish Ladder of Fun.

7 Sana July 15, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Does Derek have baby fever???
Sana recently posted..Say Yes to Dessert

8 Meghann July 15, 2012 at 8:11 pm

haha I don’t think so. I think he just loves babies, but he’s happy to wait a couple of years for one.

9 Tiffany July 15, 2012 at 5:33 pm

In the past, none of the airlines I’ve used charged for blankets. Not sure if that’s the case nowadays, but if I’m on a long flight, I always bring my own blanket. I never have to “sneak it on”. I usually just carry it in my arms. I use my own blanket mostly b/c I’ve heard questionable things about how clean the airline blankets are. Would rather play it safe and use my own!

10 Meghann July 15, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Not all airlines charge for blankets, but I have been on a couple that do. I was only kidding about “sneaking” the blanket on, people are free to walk on with their own blankets and pillows. :)

11 Emma July 15, 2012 at 6:31 pm

The history museum is such an awesome idea for the reception! If I could pick any place in the world for a wedding reception I’d go with the Baltimore Aquarium. How cool would that be?? Glad you had a good time!
Emma recently posted..Bread gators, windsurfing, trail running, and YOLO

12 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama July 15, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Wowza! I don’t think I could have lasted that long. I would’ve done a face plant in my cupcake!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..Summertime Fun

13 jessie July 16, 2012 at 12:40 am

I wish I could still look that good after running on barely any sleep!! I too had a terrible nights rest Saturday into Sunday.. like I only slept from 9pm-11pm, and than couldn’t fall back asleep until 9 last night! I’m not sure how I was even able to function all day yesterday.

Anyways… what a beautiful wedding! Those cupcakes look absolutely delicious! Glad you all had such a great time <3
jessie recently posted..Very Un-Eventful

14 Sara@RunningInPinkProject July 16, 2012 at 6:56 am

I always envy people who can sleep soundly on planes. No matter how tired I am I always end up WIDE awake once the plane takes off. Flying jitters. :(
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..Naughty and Nice- BBQ Food (Slut Brownies and Southwest Pasta Salad)

15 Sarah July 16, 2012 at 7:20 am

wow, I don’t think you could have fit anything else into your day if you tried! BUSY GIRL! Glad you still managed to get so much done!
Sarah recently posted..Weekend Wrap up

16 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 16, 2012 at 8:12 pm

I love candy bars at weddings – best way to keep yourself going when you’re dancing all night and makes a perfect souvenir to take home :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Lunch for Breakfast and Breakfast for Lunch