more ยป" />

Plenty of Time to Spare

by Meghann on July 10, 2012

Rise and shine!

You know you’re doing good when you arrive an hour early for a 7:50am flight that’s at an airport an hour and a half away from your home. What? After a close friend missed her flight two weeks ago due to long security lines at the same airport, I wasn’t taking any chances! I like to pad myself with plenty of time, just in case. ;)

Unfortunately padding myself with all the extra time meant a 4:00am wake-up call. My goal was to be out the door by 4:30, in Orlando sometime around 6:00 (I have a 7:50 flight), and have plenty of time to park offsite, check-in, and make my through security. Luckily the roads were clear, security was breeze, and I arrived at my gate way before predicted. Oh, well. Better to take my time being early, than running late.

I was a bit of a mess yesterday and didn’t have time to pre-pack a breakfast for the flight. I ended up grabbing a bagel with egg and cheese in the terminal, but wasn’t impressed. All they had were white bagels and it tasted like it had been prepped hours before. Blah.

So, I guess you’re wondering why I’m flying today. ;)

Do you remember those cherries I brought home from Whole Foods last week?!

I’ve been invited to pick right from the source!

That’s right, I’ll be joining the Whole Foods team in Washington to learn about the journey the cherries take from the tree to our tables. Can’t wait!

See ya in Washington!

1 Leah July 10, 2012 at 7:35 am

Wow…. that sounds like soooo much fun!!! Can’t wait to learn all about it… Enjoy :0)

2 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats July 10, 2012 at 9:08 am

Ahh I’ve never been to Washington but always wanted to go! That’s pretty far from FL! Have a safe trip!

3 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 10, 2012 at 9:50 am

What a COOL opportunity!! Take me with you – I LOOOOOVE cherries!

4 Elisabeth July 10, 2012 at 10:29 am

That is so cool! I would love to visit the pacific northwest, so I can’t wait to see your blog posts from there :)

5 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City July 10, 2012 at 10:54 am

That sounds awesome! I love picking fruit and looooove cherries!

6 Erin @ erinberries July 10, 2012 at 11:31 am

Washington is gorgeous! I went there last year for a weekend and fell in love. Have lots of fun! Can’t wait to read the posts!

7 Kashi @ Cape Island Runners July 10, 2012 at 3:29 pm

very cool! i just got back from brazil learning about coffee – it was truly fascinating!!

8 Sharon Cash July 10, 2012 at 3:36 pm

I am in love with these cherries from Whole Foods. This week they had the organic rainbow cherries from Washington at Whole Foods. I ended up purchasing 3 bags :). Because of my love for these delicious cherries, my husband and I are looking into getting a cherry bush.

What a neat opportunity getting to go with the Whole Foods team to check out the journey these delicious cherries take from farm to store shelf. If you don’t mind me asking, how did this opportunity come about?

I look forward to hearing how your trip goes :).

Have Fun!
Sharon

9 Corrie @ Blurb Column July 10, 2012 at 5:21 pm

The comments on this post make me giggle…so many people saying they would love to visit Washington or the PNW. Having been born and raised right here in the PNW I must say it is beautiful. Seattle is wonderful and if you need someplace to run go run around Lake Union. Of course you have to check out the Space Needle and Pike Place Market. Enjoy…and you are so lucky because summer officially showed up this week so the weather should actually be really beautiful for you!