more ยป" />

Cherry Crumble Smoothie

by Meghann on July 8, 2012

Yes, I went there.

I’ve actually been thinking about this one for a while. I originally thought about adding the rest of the Cherry Crumble to a milkshake, but a smoothie works too. I love adding frozen cherries to smoothies, so why wouldn’t a crumble work just as well? ๐Ÿ˜‰

This morning I added the rest of the Cherry Crumble (maybe 1/2 or 3/4 of a cup?) to the blender with some ice, vanilla yogurt, milk, and 1/2 a scoop of chocolate protein powder. It was good… really good. I loved the cake-y flavor the crumble topping added to the smoothie. It was more dessert than breakfast, but it sure was good.

On the side I toasted a leftover cornmeal waffle and smeared it with some almond butter.

Last night Derek and I were pretty boring. We stuck to instant play on Netflix and watched Thor (eh. not the best movie ever.) and started watching episodes of White Collar (recommended by my dad. a pretty good show so far).

I made breakfast for dinner.

Potato hash with sausage (so good!)

And sauteed kale with avocado (needed some green on the plate)

Ice cream cone for dessert.

I think we’re sticking with the lazy theme today. We’re already on episode two for the day of White Collar. I bet you we finish the first season before the day is over. ๐Ÿ˜‰

1 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath July 8, 2012 at 10:00 am

I love lazy days! I spent the entire afternoon laying out by the pool barely doing anything–it was lovely and much needed!
Amanda @ Let Me Be What’s Underneath recently posted..Quotable Sunday

2 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath July 8, 2012 at 10:01 am

*afternoon yesterday!
Amanda @ Let Me Be What’s Underneath recently posted..Quotable Sunday

3 Cait's Plate July 8, 2012 at 10:08 am

Haha – we’re doing the same thing only with Girls :) Sometimes it’s nice to have a last day!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Back Home

4 Sara @my less serious life July 8, 2012 at 10:26 am

would love a recipe for that potato hash with sausage! sounds great. i need to make breakfast for dinner more often.
Sara @my less serious life recently less serious momma: easy eggplant parmesan

5 Amanda July 8, 2012 at 10:50 am

Hah we watched Thor the other week, I was expecting more since I love the Iron Man movies. Right now we’re watching Heros, he’s never seen any of it and I’ve seen like two seasons.
Amanda recently posted..Random pictures

6 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats July 8, 2012 at 11:19 am

Oh. My. God. I am on a clear liquid diet today because of an outpatient procedure I have to have done tomorrow… and reading blogs was apparently a really bad idea. My stomach has started growling, your food looks so good!!!! I love frozen cherries!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..A Steamy Hot Run

7 CampingGirl July 8, 2012 at 11:57 am

Your avocado looks heavenly!! How do you know which ones to choose in the market? Mine never look that good!
CampingGirl recently posted..Two Different Grocery Lists

8 Emma July 8, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Breakfast for dinner is the best, and those avocados look gorgeous! Whenever I cut mine they get all mushy – they still taste great though!
Emma recently posted..I’m a creeper.

9 April @goaprilgo July 8, 2012 at 4:53 pm

That smoothie looks delicious, oh my gosh.

I love White Collar! That’s one of my favorite tv shows. It gets even better as you get into season two. Suits is also excellent (I think USA does a great job), but I don’t believe it’s on Netflix….
April @goaprilgo recently posted..Small Steps

10 Teri [a foodie stays fit] July 8, 2012 at 5:59 pm

I’ve heard White Collar is good. I also want to start watching Girls and Suits. and i’ recently obsessed with Downton Abbey. I watched all of season 1 last weekend.
Teri [a foodie stays fit] recently posted..The Weekender + I Won an Award (almost ๐Ÿ˜‰

11 Allison @ Running Through Red Lights July 8, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Your smoothie looks so good–I’m not usually a berry crumble fan, but I may have to make yours just so I can have smoothies all week!
Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..Family Day

12 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 8, 2012 at 6:28 pm

I love the idea of adding cake/cupcakes/muffins/donuts (basically anything cakey) to ice cream or milkshakes. One of my favorite local restaurants has a Krispy Kreme milkshake! Love!

13 Courtney July 8, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Today was a seriously lazy day. I think I got one load of laundry done and swept the kitchen. :)
Courtney recently posted..Believe the Hype

14 Haley July 9, 2012 at 4:51 am

Keep going with White Collar…’s so good. Another good one on USA is Covert Affairs (Royal Pains and Burn Notice are good too….but let’s be honest, the entire USA summer line up is good!!…it’s definitely where I turn for my summer television)

15 Stephanie July 9, 2012 at 10:40 am

Yeah, Thor was okay, but the saving grace was Jeremy Renner’s short cameo as Hawkeye. Worth it! lol