A burger for a talking bear

by Meghann on July 5, 2012

There is NOTHING sexier than watching your fiance try on rings for the first time. Nothing.

I only wish I actually got a photo of him with one on, but he was too quick for me!

Le sigh. No biggie. Only 6 months to go until there’s one on there permanently, then I can see it whenever I want. ;)

Wedding band shopping actually wasn’t as fun as I was hoping. There’s so much to consider when picking out bands, that both Derek and I left with our heads spinning due to information overload. I’ll go more in depth on the wedding page tomorrow, but – *spoiler alert* – I’ll admit here that neither of us came home with a ring. However, we do both have a better understanding of what we want and that’s a start (especially since we both had no clue when we started!).

Ring shopping made us hungry. Derek and I split a Kashi Bar between two of the stores.

We hit 3-4 jewelry stores before all the rings started to look the same and our hunger took over. We were on our way out of the mall when the movie theater caught Derek’s attention and a lightbulb went off over his head reminding him how much he wanted to see the movie Ted.

Now I like a good talking stuffed animal as much as the next girl, but Ted hasn’t exactly been on my “must see” list this summer. Eh. Derek knew this and bribed me with dinner out – my choice – if we saw the movie. He knows the way to my heart – especially when I’m borderline hangry – food!

I agreed and he treated me to dinner at Burger 21 (I was really craving a burger after accidentally missing out on them last night).

I love Burger 21. They have great burgers that are creative, flavorful, and fun.

I was craving a veggie burger and decided to go with “The Greek” for dinner.

Loved all the toppings. The pickled cucumbers were the best part – very fresh with just the faintest pickle to them so they were still nice and crisp. Yum.

We also split a large order of sweet potato fries, but next time I would go with a full basket – the large was not enough for our joint fry appetites.

The movie, Ted, was just what I was expecting – a lot of vulgar humor that was funny on occasion, but not enough to pull me in. Derek loved it. Eh. To each their own.

Have you seen Ted? Thoughts?

Early swim practice in the morning.

Good NIght!

1 Lindsey July 5, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Not yet, but I am excited to see it tomorrow night!
Lindsey recently posted..ABCs of Happiness

2 Sana July 5, 2012 at 11:13 pm

I have no desire to see movies like Ted, meh.
Sana recently posted..Have You Ever Had Tim Tams?

3 Georgia July 5, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Totally agree with you re: seeing your partner with a ring on. My husband and I got married in May and I absolutely love seeing that ring on his finger every day. We were together for over 10 years before we married, so I’m not exactly sure why…lol!
Georgia recently posted..A Gold Coast minimoon: Day 3

4 Anne @strawberryjampackedlife July 5, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Yeah, just wait until he has that ring on there permanently! It still makes me smile, and it’s been a year since our wedding. My husband went with a tungsten ring, since it wasn’t terribly expensive (compared to gold), and he liked the weight of it.

5 Anna Coats - Marry Me Tampa Bay July 6, 2012 at 1:41 am

Six months after our wedding, my husband was playing with his ring and it slid off…under someone’s deck…who lives on the water!

Needless to say, we’re ring shopping again! :)
Anna Coats – Marry Me Tampa Bay recently posted..Comment on Indian Shores Beach Polka Dot Wedding Ceremony – BG Pictures Photography by Michael Giordano

6 Ash Bear July 6, 2012 at 11:15 am

That’s hilarious! My husband used to play with his as well and lost it on someone’s deck, who lives on top of sand, after six months of marriage. He was surprised I wsan’t upset but I figure it’s life!
Ash Bear recently posted..Free Yoga in Bryant Park

7 j3nn July 6, 2012 at 3:19 am

Burger 21 looks awesome! Wish we had one here. :( I’ll have to check it out next time I’m in FL.
j3nn recently posted..Independence Day

8 Amanda July 6, 2012 at 6:20 am

I love that more restaurants are serving sweet potato fries these days. Its always fun to see what dipping sauces they pair it with too, my fav so far has been a chipotle ketchup, they are so good with a little heat!
Amanda recently posted..Experimenting

9 Jillann July 6, 2012 at 7:02 am

I agree with a couple other posters. Just wait until you’re randomly sitting on the couch watching tv or something and you catch him mindlessly rubbing that ring. After three years, still sexy.

10 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats July 6, 2012 at 7:51 am

haha I actually haven’t even heard of the movie Ted! I don’t have a TV so I don’t see many ads for movies. I actually didn’t even know about Magic Mike until bloggers started writing about it!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..American Wife

11 Tami July 6, 2012 at 8:08 am

I have taken my wedding rings off for the summer, between swimming and biking (holding on to the aerobars) my rings were getting in the way. I had my two rings Soldered together because they were always spinning around in opposite direction, I wish I just got a very plain band so I could wear that instead. My friend is an art teacher and she did this and is very happy with her choice.

12 Jamie @ StudioEats July 6, 2012 at 8:23 am

haha love the title of your blog post. i haven’t seen Ted yet but want to! Your review is pretty much what I expected… dudes will prob find it much funnier :)

13 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope July 6, 2012 at 8:24 am

I have to agree with you on the ring shopping! Make sure you do your research. My fiance really wants a tungsten wedding band and the same ones that we have been looking at in stores, he can purchase online for wayyyy under the cost that they are selling them for. He is planning on buying his online.

That burger looks and sounds yummy! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..KIT’s Organic!…

14 Laura @ My Pink Thumb July 6, 2012 at 8:25 am

I remember the first time I saw my hubby try on rings when we were shopping.. that moment = priceless!!
As for TED… last weekend we saw Magic Mike and Ted and I actually thought Magic Mike was very boring, while Ted was a complete laugh fest!! i’d actually go and see it again! ;)
Laura @ My Pink Thumb recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: Canada Day Fireworks

15 Cait @ Beyond Bananas July 6, 2012 at 8:33 am

When we got our bands, it was so funny to see my fiance try them on! He was basically scared to push them all they way down on his finger and convinced it was too small on him. In reality, the salesman gave it a little pressur e- and the sample was THE perfect size. He says men always tend to be scared to put a ring all they way down their fingering thinking it will get stuck!
Cait @ Beyond Bananas recently posted..Friday Facts

16 Laura @ sweatingforit July 6, 2012 at 8:35 am

My husband was determined he wasn’t going to wear a wedding ring, just get one for the ceremony. I was determined that if that was the case, I was buying the cheapest ring in the store. Our jeweler showed us a titanium ring that was $89 and we were sold. And wouldn’t you know it? He loves the ring and wears it all the time!
Laura @ sweatingforit recently posted..Guy on a buffalo

17 Laura July 6, 2012 at 8:38 am

I’m in the same boat as you-my husband is dragging me to watch it tonight and bribed me with a date night dinner! One ring tip: we were shocked when we looked at bands for him-they were $1100-$1500 for plain white gold band which we thought was crazy. We went on Amazon and found a metal called Cobalt for men and ordered his ring for $67! It’s actually harder than white gold and should hold up for years-it looks great too!

18 Renee July 6, 2012 at 9:27 am

My husband loves his titanium ring. And it was less than $100. And I don’t know if you have somewhere around you that would do this, but we got my ring at a place where you get to “build your own” None of the diamonds are set and so you get to pick your band and diamond and then you can get what you want in your budget.
Renee recently posted..Good runs and an ultrasound

19 Becky @ runfundone July 6, 2012 at 9:37 am

I didn’t get to see the sexiness of my hubs trying on rings, since he made his own ring. So I was sad…till you said how exhausting it was. I guess it’s okay that I missed that sexiness!

Good luck finding rings!!!
Becky @ runfundone recently posted..Electric Eel

20 Emily N July 6, 2012 at 9:42 am

Ahh yes, ring shopping. J and I didn’t have patience for it. We bought rings and walked out with them in one shop. His is plain/titanium. mine is white gold with diamonds and looks nice with my engagement ring setting.
Emily N recently posted..CrossFit at Home

21 Cait's Plate July 6, 2012 at 10:05 am

Aw man I’m really excited to see Ted so I hope it pulls me in! I think we’re planning to go this weekend :)
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Finger Lickin’ Good

22 Beka @ Rebecca Roams July 6, 2012 at 10:15 am

I love Burger 21! I had The skinny when I was there with Sweet Potato Fries. it was delicious! I definitely recommend it.

The Skinny – freshly-grilled turkey, lettuce, tomato, fresh avocado, sun-dried tomato aïoli, toasted whole wheat bun

I have no desire to see Ted either. Once it’s on RedBox for $1 maybe :)
Beka @ Rebecca Roams recently posted..To _____ (Friday Letters)

23 CampingGirl July 6, 2012 at 10:19 am

We will be going to see Ted this weekend. I am not a huge fan of this type of movie but I love Mark Wahlberg!
CampingGirl recently posted..Skinny Rules: end of week 5

24 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City July 6, 2012 at 10:59 am

I’m surprising my boyfriend and taking him to see Ted tonight. I’m glad it has a lot of “boy” humor, she should like it!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Girl & the Goat

25 Ash Bear July 6, 2012 at 11:16 am

I haven’t seen TED but think it’s a rental. We thought we’d like 21 Jumpstreet and didn’t love that so better to lose $4,99 than $20!
Ash Bear recently posted..Free Yoga in Bryant Park

26 meghan July 6, 2012 at 11:24 am

I LOVE Burger 21. My gosh it’s such a guilty pleasure. We went there the day we got engaged to celebrate. Haven’t been back more than once or twice because of the wedding diet, but the DAY we get back from our honeymoon, I’ve already claimed that we go to that restaurant! Love it.
meghan recently posted..Friday’s Letters #3

27 Kristine July 6, 2012 at 11:29 am

I would highly recommend checking out the website Brilliant Earth. We got our wedding bands from there and LOVE them. Their metals are all recycled and their diamonds come from conflict-free sources, so it’s also a good ethical choice. Plus their customer service really can’t be beat. Check them out. :-)
Kristine recently posted..Bated Breath

28 clare @ fittingitallin July 6, 2012 at 1:25 pm

good to know – and kind of what i was expecting from Ted. It keeps getting called “the new generation of comedy” but I just don’t see it…
clare @ fittingitallin recently posted..My Fit Foods

29 Lisa July 6, 2012 at 1:45 pm

We saw Ted on Sunday afternoon. I felt the same way you did but my bf loooooved it! Def a man movie :)