more ยป" />

Magic Mike

by Meghann on July 3, 2012

Oh, Yes! Oh, Yes! Oh, Yes!

Magic Mike Poster.jpeg

(source)

Say what you wish about Magic Mike, I for one couldn’t wait to see it tonight. Poor reviews? Weak storyline? Pshh… didn’t faze me a bit. We all know what the real meat behind the film is anyways…

Magic-MikeMovie-Trailer-1.jpeg

(source)

…at least that’s the meat I was interested in. 2 hours of pure eye candy?! How could you go wrong?

It helps when you have a group of girlfriends who are just as excited to see it as you are.

2 weeks worth of texting and planning – that’s how excited we were. :)

Pre-movie snack of mango.

Pre-movie dinner of edamame, veggie scramble, and an english muffin.

Showtime!

magic-mike-movie-poster1.jpeg

(source)

I’ll admit that the storyline – and acting! – needed some work, but it was a fun movie that was worth a night out with the girls to see. Plus, the whole film was based in Tampa (gotta represent!), which was a fun little bonus. One scene even took place at my favorite restaurant in Ybor (The Bricks!) and we were able to recognize a few other spots in the area.

Unfortunately “Xquisite” was completely fictional.

b4s_movie101511_195539c.jpeg

(source)

The storefront is actually a sports bar in St. Pete called Wilson’s. I’m honestly not even sure there is an all male dance revue in the Tampa Bay area. There are plenty of places to watch females bare all, but I’m not sure about guys – I think the males only do private parties (heard something about this on the radio this morning). hmm…

Also, I know the film is based loosely off of Channing’s brief stint as a male stripper in the Tampa Bay area, which led me to immediately google his life history and discover that he attended high school where I do track speedwork. Small world!

After the movie we hit up Pinkberry for FroYo.

I ordered peanut butter/mango with blueberries, granola, and oreo pieces.

Man, Pinkberry is pricey. Over $5 for a small?! I’ll be sticking to self-serve from now on, thankyouverymuch.

Have you seen Magic Mike? What did you think?

1 Jordan @ Bake Write Sleep July 3, 2012 at 11:47 pm

I haven’t seen it yet… But I heard that in Jacksonville at least, at the premier of the movie, they had male strippers in the theater! ;)

2 Sana July 3, 2012 at 11:52 pm

Froyo is $$! But I find that w/o the toppings you can save some money!

3 cathy July 3, 2012 at 11:53 pm
4 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 4, 2012 at 12:45 am

Definitely jealous..I’m going to see it Thursday, and I cannot wait!

I mean really, does the storyline really matter? As long as I see as much of Joe Manganiello as possible, I’m happy. :-)

5 cristin July 4, 2012 at 12:50 am

worst.movie.ever. i went because my friend wanted to see it, and i wanted to leave every single time the dancing stopped and the talking started ;)

6 jessie July 4, 2012 at 12:55 am

I did hear it was a pretty bad movie, but hey just like you said… totally worth the 2 hours of eye candy. You can’t ever go wrong w/ those guys either (I may or not be drooling over their bodiess!!) Have a wonderful 4th of July!

**Also, I just started my own blog, check it out!!

7 Dori July 4, 2012 at 5:42 am

I don’t consider those guys eye candy. Not my type. Glad you had a fun night!

8 Caitlin in MD July 4, 2012 at 6:17 am

Where did you get your dress??

9 Meghann July 4, 2012 at 10:49 am

It’s from the Loft.

10 Meredith July 4, 2012 at 6:22 am

I agree that the acting and the storyline could use some improvement, but the dancing more than made up for it. It was definitely a fun girls night out!

11 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats July 4, 2012 at 6:54 am

haha yea, pinkberry is crazy expensive, I’ve only been there once since I LOVE serving my own froyo and I actually didn’t like theirs a ton! I hope I can see that movie soon! Glad you had fun!

12 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 4, 2012 at 6:56 am

Your frozen yogurt looks awesome … even if it did cost as much as a small car! ;)

13 Ash Bear July 4, 2012 at 7:17 am

I figure this will be the perfect movie for me to pay $1 to rent one night when I’m home alone. :) Glad you had fun and yes Pinkberry is very expensive!

14 CampingGirl July 4, 2012 at 8:53 am

I haven’t seen it yet but would like to. My friends are all teachers so we will have to see who is in town and rally up.

15 Michelle July 4, 2012 at 9:20 am

Pinkberry is SOOOO overrated. I don’t get why is costs so much. Do they sprinkle magic fairy dust in there or something?

I’m hoping to see the movie in next few weeks. I think anyone who is going to see this for the plot is lying to themselves :)

16 michaela July 4, 2012 at 9:44 am

Fro-yo is even expensive here. I think around $.48/ounce. Then again, everything is more expensive in Chicago.

17 Candice July 4, 2012 at 10:47 am

Yay! for girls nights! brent just doesn’t understand why I neeeed to see that movie;)

18 Corey @ Learning Patience July 4, 2012 at 3:32 pm

I so want to see that movie…not in Trinidad yet…but hopefully it will be soon! YUM…too much eye candy to look at all at once! lol

xoxo from Trinidad

19 Hillary July 4, 2012 at 5:18 pm

The reviews I read were actually pretty good, and I thought the movie was hilarious (definitely exceeded the expectations I had set, at least!) Best girls night movie ever.

20 Kirsten July 9, 2012 at 4:14 pm

My mom remembers going to an all-male dance revue in Tampa maybe 20 years ago (hearing about this was pretty hilarious). So it probably did exist.

It was so cool to see Tampa, St. Pete, and Tierra Verde landmarks. Oh and the rock hard abs were pretty nice too ;-)