more ยป" />

Indecisive

by Meghann on July 2, 2012

I can be a very indecisive eater sometimes. I think that’s why I like making “snack plates” for lunch so much. That way I don’t have to settle on one item and get a little bit of everything I’m craving.

Today’s lunch spanned from last night’s leftovers, to rye Triscuits (only the best cracker, ever), to cucumber slices and hummus, to apple slices and peanut butter.

My mouth never got bored. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I need your help. I’m trying to come up with a side dish or dessert for a 4th of July party on Wednesday… any ideas? Preferably something with cherries since my fridge is now fully stocked with them. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I updated the wedding page! I was inspired at my sister’s wedding last weekend and went on a planning rampage this week. Be prepared for a few updates this week on flowers, DJ, hair, makeup, etc – I was on a roll! ๐Ÿ™‚

Any fun plans for 4th of July this week? So far my plans include seeing Magic Mike tomorrow night with the girls (whoop! whoop!) and attending my friend’s 4th of July party on Wednesday. ๐Ÿ™‚

1 Ellie@Fit for the Soul July 2, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Hmmmm how about something like a cherry/blueberry/cobbler?!! With powdered sugar on top?! ๐Ÿ˜€ Now that I think about it, maybe I should give that a try. Hehe
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Mouthwatering Ban-Berry Bars {Vegan}

2 Kait - @runkaitrun July 2, 2012 at 3:38 pm

haha i love your snack plate! how cute – good idea. keeps your tongue guessing ๐Ÿ™‚

if you’re short on time, chocolate covered cherries may do the trick!
Kait – @runkaitrun recently posted..The 5k that Kicked Me in the Face

3 Jaima July 2, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Save your money…Magic Mike is HORRIBLE. Just saw it today with my best friend and our entire movie theater was commenting how bad it was…it’s not the fun movie you think it will be and the acting is horrible. No amount of abs could save this one.

4 Brittney July 2, 2012 at 3:58 pm

I just made the best cherry/peach/blueberry crisp! You could use just cherries, or whatever other fruit you have though and it would probably still be great: http://www.lifeinaholdingpattern.com/2012/06/peach-cherry-and-blueberry-crisp.html
Brittney recently posted..The Fig Tree

5 Rachel F July 2, 2012 at 4:00 pm

What about a cherry fool? You could add blueberries for red, white, and blue theme.

6 Eva July 2, 2012 at 4:15 pm
7 Meg @ My Chocolate Covered Life July 2, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Fruit salsa with cinnamon pita chips! My friend made the most unbelievable fruit salsa (mango, apples, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries) served with cinnamon pita chips – the side was a huge hit! She discovered the recipe on Pintrest, and I think she said the only ingredients were sugar and a couple T of strawberry preserves.

8 Meghann July 3, 2012 at 1:15 pm

That’s not a bad idea. Thanks!

9 Rebecca July 2, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Love snack plates for lunch!
Rebecca recently posted..Track and Field Trials 2012

10 Annette @FitnessPerks July 2, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Snack plates for lunch are always the best!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..BodyPUMP Release 82 Review + Weekend Recap

11 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 2, 2012 at 5:02 pm

I LOVE cherries! MmmMmm..

I’m traveling this week and I leave Boston on the 4th and then will travel down to NYC to see friends and enjoy a few beers. It’s sure to be filled with fun. ๐Ÿ™‚
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday // A Silent Film

12 cristina July 2, 2012 at 6:11 pm

I thought this was the cutest idea. Im making it for my next BBQ for sure.

13 Laura @ sweatingforit July 2, 2012 at 7:06 pm

I saw Magic Mike yesterday. The plot was pretty weak and predictable but hot dancing guys kinda made up for it. There was only one guy in the entire theater when I went!
Laura @ sweatingforit recently posted..Recovery Week?

14 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats July 2, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Haha I actually have zero plan for the fourth! And it’s my first one in Chicago
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Things You Never Wanted To Know

15 Julia July 2, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Where do you find Rye Triscuits?! I can’t seem to find them anywhere anymore ๐Ÿ™

16 Meghann July 3, 2012 at 1:17 pm

I found them at Publix, but apparently they sell them on Amazon as well http://www.amazon.com/Triscuits-Rye-Caraway-Seeds-9-5-Ounce/dp/B000FA15HW

17 Emilee July 2, 2012 at 9:01 pm

I saw this on Pinterest. It’s cherry cheesecake dip. Looks so good: http://shellythemomager.blogspot.com/

I would dip graham crackers in it. Yum!

18 mary @ minutespermile July 2, 2012 at 9:04 pm

i always end up with a “snack plate” lunch on friday, when i’m at the end of my groceries! always a good meal.
mary @ minutespermile recently posted..good deals

19 Becky @ runfundone July 2, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Us Washington running blogger girls are having a blogger-run-brunch-fun get together on the 4th! I’m so excited!
Becky @ runfundone recently posted..Happy Birthday to RunFunDone!

20 Amy @ What Jew Wanna Eat July 2, 2012 at 11:14 pm

If you want to make something more savory, what about a salad with cherries? You could add kale, avocado, barley or quinoa for a grain. A fruity vinaigrette would be great to dress it! Don’t listen to the naysayers- Magic Mike is fantastic! Or that may have been the bottle of wine talking…
Amy @ What Jew Wanna Eat recently posted..Reuben Sandwich on Pretzel Challah Rolls

21 Sara @my less serious life July 3, 2012 at 8:08 am

i adore snack plate lunches!
Sara @my less serious life recently posted..my less serious day: (…)

22 Emily N July 3, 2012 at 9:02 am

I am running a 10K in the morning (i think) and then a family cookout in the afternoon/evening!
Emily N recently posted..A Good Run, I Needed It!

23 Molly July 3, 2012 at 4:08 pm

i love eating ‘snack plates’ but my family/friends just think i’m so weird. but it’s what i want! haha
Molly recently posted.."O Granada…