Island Pup

by Meghann on June 30, 2012

That’s it. I’m not leaving.

New goal in life: Win the lottery. Buy a house on the beach. Buy another house in the mountains. Give the rest to charity. Done. πŸ˜‰

We lucked out with another beautiful day on the island. For as much trouble as the weather caused us getting onto the island, it really hasn’t been a bother since we stepped foot on the sand. Funny how that happens. πŸ˜‰

My brother and sister-in-law had the 1:30pm boat off the island today, so we chilled around the house all morning (I spent that time reading in the hammock) before sending them off.

After we said our goodbyes, I heated some leftovers for lunch.

Then we headed to the beach to soak up the sun.

I think Maddie is really going to miss this place. I took her on a mile or so walk down the beach and she had a ball jumping over all of the fallen trees and driftwood. She is one heck of a jumper.

When we returned to the beach house I snacked on some of my dad’s homemade trail mix (peanuts, sunflower seeds, raisins, and m&ms).

Maddie recovered from her walk.

Tonight’s dinner was a clean-out-the-fridge meal. We still had a ton of chicken left, so I marinaded a few breasts in the rest of the greek dressing and my dad grilled it.

The chicken was added to a bed of greens with some feta and turned into chicken breast salads.

On the side, I sauteed the last batch of asparagus with onion, garlic, mushroom, and lemon juice.

After dinner we took one last trip to the beach for some sunset fishing.

IMG_6548.jpg IMG_6549.jpg

For the first time all week, we couldn’t stop catching fish. Seriously. Every time we would cast out we would catch another and another and another. Why weren’t we fishing from this spot all week?!

IMG_6563.jpg IMG_6565.JPG

IMG_6581.jpg IMG_6582.jpg

IMG_6596.jpg IMG_6597.jpg

IMG_6599.JPG IMG_6601.jpg

There’s nothing like a summer sunset.

Once the sun was set, we packed up and headed back. The rest of my mom’s cookie/brownie creation was waiting at home.

I 100% recommend this dish. Just be warned – it’s addicting.

Can’t. Stop. At. One. Piece. πŸ˜‰

We have less than 12 hours left on this island… I better make the most of it. πŸ˜‰

Good Night!

1 Sana June 30, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Awww Maddie has an adorable sandy nose!
Sana recently posted..How Do I Cut Potato Wedges?

2 Army Amy* June 30, 2012 at 10:44 pm

I’m so glad the weather improved! Looks like y’all have had a divine vacay!*

3 Candice June 30, 2012 at 11:54 pm

Oh my goodness… All your pictures look AMAZING!! I would never come home either! What a great trip! I’m so jealous right now… I’m craving a beach almost as much as I’m craving those brownies πŸ˜‰
P.S your suit is adorb. and you look amazing!
Candice recently posted..My Week in Tangents

4 maria @ mim July 1, 2012 at 12:00 am

The sandy nose is killing me… so adorable! And you look gorgeous in those last few photos! :)
maria @ mim recently posted..9 miles in the heat

5 Courtney July 1, 2012 at 12:10 am

Saving the best for last I see, that brownie/cookie looks illegal!
Courtney recently posted..Magic Mike

6 Cait's Plate July 1, 2012 at 12:18 am

Oh my gosh I want to dive head first into that bowl of trail mix!!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..The Great American Bagel

7 Annette @FitnessPerks July 1, 2012 at 12:28 am

Oh that salad looks SOOO good. My kinda meal! Enjoy your last evening :)
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Focus On: Russian Twist

8 Liz July 1, 2012 at 1:16 am

Maddy’s sandy nose is so cute!

I’m with you on the lottery/beach house deal πŸ˜‰

9 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats July 1, 2012 at 4:59 am

It looks beautiful and so relaxing!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..A Dinner Out!

10 Casey July 1, 2012 at 6:59 am

Um, why can’t MY hair look like that on the beach? Yours is gorgeous and you’re rocking the tan too. Looks like you had a great vaca.

11 Kathy July 1, 2012 at 7:11 am

Such cute pictures on the beach….looks wonderful.

12 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 1, 2012 at 7:28 am

I like your lottery plans … I’m right there with you!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A house update, a recipe, and a dessert to make you jealous.

13 Meghan @ Run With Meg July 1, 2012 at 9:41 am

Beautiful pictures! Your trip sounds like a blast!
Meghan @ Run With Meg recently posted..TNT: Tuesday Night Trash

14 Melissa @TryingtoHeal July 1, 2012 at 11:15 am

Can I just say how impressed I am with how well your family planned out all the food?! I know you did a post on the spreadsheets and stuff; so organized you guys are!

Derek, Maddie and you look at home there…move to CA, it’ll be just as good :)
Melissa @TryingtoHeal recently posted..A Birdy Weekend

15 Grace July 1, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Love the picture of you and Derek snuggling on the beach! Very cute!

16 pluvk July 1, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Beautiful photos! This makes me feel guilty… I live by the beach and I hardly take advantage. I need to make the most of these beautiful summer days! And that chicken salad looks like something that I’ll need to make SOON.

17 Meghan @ After the Ivy League July 1, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Looks like a great trip, sometimes I wish I could win the lottery too! I’d do the same thing, house on the beach, house in the mountains near some ski slopes, and the rest to charity. That’s the life!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Apple Pie for Breakfast