Tantalize the Senses

by Meghann on June 29, 2012

Good morning!

Vacation swimming: round II.

20120629_081432.jpg

It helps having a brother who is even more motivated to swim than I am. Without him I probably would have gone for another run this morning (when I knew I should have been swimming), but my brother would have none of that.

“Come on, Meghann! We’re training for another HIM – we need to get our swim in.”

“Yes, Ben.”

He’s right (and my swim team would have agreed with him too). We needed to swim. :)

I looked in my archives for a good workout for us to do and found this one from the other week.

2100m Swim Workout.png

Ben is a bit faster than I am, so I shaved 10 seconds off of each interval for his. We also traded off breast stroke and freestyle during the easy 100 just to mix it up a bit.

After 2 days of swimming in the 25 yard pool, I have to say I miss the 50 meter from back home. Now 25 yards seems so short and repetitive. I feel like all I’m doing is flipping and counting laps. I can’t wait to return to the “long” pool next week. I’m ready for it!

The house smelled amazing when we returned. Nothing like homemade biscuits baking in the oven or sausage gravy sizzling in the skillet to tantalize the senses.

Check those bad boys out.

I started with some grapes and a biscuit with half jelly/half gravy.

And later added two scrambled eggs to my plate.

The breakfast of champions. Clearly. ;)

It’s another beautiful day. Time to go soak up that sunshine!

1 Sana June 29, 2012 at 9:43 am

The gravy your family makes always looks soo good!
Sana recently posted..“Indian Chili” My Sick Meal {RECIPE}

2 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 29, 2012 at 9:48 am

Those biscuits look so good! This vegetarian will skip on the sausage gravy aspect, but the rest of that looks delicious. ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday!

3 Becka @ simplybecka June 29, 2012 at 9:48 am

I agree that sausage gravy looks good. Have a great vacation.
Becka @ simplybecka recently posted..happiness…

4 Brianna June 29, 2012 at 9:54 am

OMG I don’t think I’ve ever seen biscuits with gravy here on Long Island BUT it looks amazing!!!
Brianna recently posted..Playlist Thursday: Women Empowerment

5 Kayla Moothart June 29, 2012 at 10:02 am

I LOVE bicuits! Those look fantastic. It is awesome that you are getting in so much exercise on your vacation, lucky you have your brother! :)
Kayla Moothart recently posted..5K on the Runway Recap

6 Army Amy* June 29, 2012 at 10:04 am

It seems we have discovered the best part of a family vacation: you can workout, and when you return, there is food waiting for you! It doesn’t work that way when you vacation with just your significant other.*
Army Amy* recently posted..I Saw It On The News

7 Courtney June 29, 2012 at 10:09 am

What a great start to the day! :)
Courtney recently posted..FACE Stockholm Review

8 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats June 29, 2012 at 10:13 am

those biscuits look delicious!!! Glad you’re enjoying time with your family!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..A Dinner Out!

9 Courtney June 29, 2012 at 10:23 am

LOVE ME SOME SAUSAGE GRAVY! :)
Courtney recently posted..Paleo Sweet Potato Waffles & Why I Hate Almond Flour

10 Annette @FitnessPerks June 29, 2012 at 10:35 am

That swim workout looks like a fun one! I totally agree with the long pool sentiment–makes it go so much faster when there is less flippin’ ;)
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..ABCs of What I Love

11 Gabby (Quest for Delicious) June 29, 2012 at 10:35 am

Mmm the biscuit looks super fluffy and perfect!
Gabby (Quest for Delicious) recently posted..It’s time

12 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City June 29, 2012 at 10:43 am

I usually swim in a 25 meter pool and I hear you, it is a lot of counting & remembering laps! Your breakfast looks delicious- glad you’re having fun!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Heat Wave

13 Jordan @ Bake Write Sleep June 29, 2012 at 10:50 am

I LOVE swimming. It’s hands down my favorite way to workout. I feel like I should’ve been a fish =P
Jordan @ Bake Write Sleep recently posted..Crafting: Fourth of July statement necklace.

14 Faith @ For the Health of It June 29, 2012 at 11:14 am

Im drooling over the gravy biscuit. Ive been craving them so badly but I havent had the drive to make my own non-sausage gravy. Maybe this weekend I’ll do a version of tempeh gravy!

15 Cait's Plate June 29, 2012 at 11:16 am

Those biscuits get me every time!!!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..I’m A Little Teapot

16 Jessica June 29, 2012 at 1:28 pm

I love me some biscuits and gravy. Can you share the recipe? I have been looking for some authentic homemade recipe. :)
Jessica recently posted..Happy, happy Friday!

17 Meghann July 2, 2012 at 10:27 am
18 Ash Bear June 29, 2012 at 3:44 pm

One year I’m sneaking to your family vacation in your bag! I love this tradition you all have!
Ash Bear recently posted..Protein Four Ways

19 Meghan @ After the Ivy League June 29, 2012 at 3:49 pm

I recently decided to start training for a sprint triathlon, so I was excited to read about your swim! I just joined a gym with a pool this morning, and bought a couple swimsuits, some goggles, and a swim cap. Can’t wait to get started!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Triathlon Training and French Onion Soup Sandwich

20 amy June 29, 2012 at 4:22 pm

A true runner, always want to run no matter if it is best for our training or not!!!

21 Coco July 2, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Its always awesome to have someone to swim with! I did this workout this morning- it was good fun! Thanks :)
Coco recently posted..Vega Smoothie Review