Catching Seaweed

by Meghann on June 29, 2012

Maddie sure loves her grandma.

Almost as much as she loves the beach. ;)

Unfortunately the fish don’t love us. However, the seaweed? The seaweed love us just fine – that’s all we’re catching!

I’ve learned the only way to read from the ipad is in the shade. Reading in the sun is a lost cause.

I was in charge of lunch today. I stuck to an old summer vacation classic – hot dogs and tater tots.

With a side of cucumber. Nothing goes better with hot dogs and tater tots than cucumber… right? ;)

Afternoon poolside.

IMG_6495.jpg IMG_6499.jpg

I may or may not have napped on that float. ;)

DSCF7022.JPG

DSCF7018.JPG DSCF7014.JPG

Ride pudding snack. ;)

We’re catching up on watching the olympic swim trials right now. I think I may have a whole new appreciation for the olympic swim events this year. They’re qualifying with times I can’t even imagine ever attempting. Also, the trials are making me that much more excited for the olympics. I can’t wait!

1 Katy @ Couch to 5Katy June 29, 2012 at 5:19 pm

I have been watching the swim trials too! It is so impressive. I can’t wait for women’s gymnastics tonight!
Katy @ Couch to 5Katy recently posted..Hot, Hot, Heat

2 Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 29, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Glad the weather has cleared up for you guys! It would have been such a bummer if it was bad weather the whole time!!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A house update, a recipe, and a dessert to make you jealous.

3 Jordan @ Bake Write Sleep June 29, 2012 at 5:34 pm

I want to go to the pool SO bad… I need to go do that. Or better yet, the beach – It’s only a mile away!
Jordan @ Bake Write Sleep recently posted..Crafting: Fourth of July statement necklace.

4 Sana June 29, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Your trip looks super relaxing!
Sana recently posted..“Indian Chili” My Sick Meal {RECIPE}

5 Elisabeth June 29, 2012 at 5:59 pm

I love watching the Olympics every two years! I even make sure I’m off work the night of the opening ceremony (I work 3rd shifts) ;)

6 Cait's Plate June 29, 2012 at 6:09 pm

So jealous! I need a relaxing trip like that!!

And we’re doing the same with the Olympic Swimming Trials! Too funny :)

Enjoy!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..A GREat Friday

7 Grace @ Grace Dishes June 29, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Looks like you had a lovely time!
Grace @ Grace Dishes recently posted..It’s high school all over again.

8 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats June 29, 2012 at 6:17 pm

I loooove watching the trials! Diving is my favorite
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..A Dinner Out!

9 Gabby (Quest for Delicious) June 29, 2012 at 6:25 pm

I agree with the reading in the shade thing – reading in the sun is so much more difficult!
Gabby (Quest for Delicious) recently posted..It’s time

10 Lisa June 29, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Hi! I’ve been reading your blog for a while…looks like you’re having such a great time :)

I learned something about the iPad and trying to read in the sun (for me – poolside while my boys swim). If your sunglasses are polarized, you can read it if you turn it sideways. I can read it that way in the sun – still a little bit of a glare, but not too bad. If I try to read it the right way, I can’t see the screen at all.

11 Annette @FitnessPerks June 29, 2012 at 6:33 pm

YAY for a relaxing trip and time in the sun and pool!! AHhhhhh.

LOVE the time trials too-it’s amazing what they do. I agree!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..ABCs of What I Love

12 Courtney June 29, 2012 at 7:05 pm

Haha damn Meg, life is looking ROUGH right now! ;)
Courtney recently posted..Magic Mike

13 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama June 29, 2012 at 9:56 pm

I’m watching the olympic trials right now, too. A-Maz-ING!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..Re-evaluation and “Don’t Stop” Total Body Workout