The Sun is Shining

by Meghann on June 28, 2012

My view from the morning.

Their view from the morning.

It’s rough being a beach dog.

30 years together and still in love.

Leftovers make the best lunches (especially on vacation).

I’m currently two chapters in to Blueprints for Building Better Girls. I love the author’s writing style so far. Both stories have really tugged at my heart – I can’t wait to read the rest. πŸ™‚

Who’s your favorite author to read at the beach? I’ve been thinking about downloading a couple of Nicholas Sparks books while I’m here, as well. Nothing screams “the beach” like a good Nicholas Sparks book. πŸ˜‰

1 Sana June 28, 2012 at 2:42 pm

I love books by Nicholas Sparks! Glad your having fun with the fam!
Sana recently posted..Life Lately: June 2012

2 Army Amy* June 28, 2012 at 2:46 pm

I have way too many unread books to go out an buy more, but you are tempting me! I’m going to Australia next month, and I just HAVE to get some beach books.*
Army Amy* recently posted..Happy Birthday, Hubby!

3 Heather June 28, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Jen Lancaster is awesome beach reading material!
Heather recently posted..Notes I Leave Myself

4 Cait's Plate June 28, 2012 at 3:15 pm

I love pretty much any book that sucks me in immediately – regardless of the author. There’s nothing like a good book that makes lying in the hot sun more tolerable!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Cherishing Cherries

5 Tiffany C June 28, 2012 at 3:16 pm

If you happen to download a Nicholas Sparks book I recommend Safe Haven if you haven’t already read it. It’s been my favorite so far. πŸ™‚

6 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama June 28, 2012 at 3:52 pm

I don’t know if it’s a beach read but I just started reading Scott Jurek’s Eat and Run. It’s a great read so far about running and going vegan. Makes me want to run!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..The Best Nut Butter Ever!

7 Rebecca June 28, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Oh man….would love to be there right now!!
Rebecca recently posted..Three Things Thursday!

8 Courtney June 28, 2012 at 4:12 pm

I would LOVE to be there right now! Screw reading, I’d be out there in the ocean!
Courtney recently posted..The Frone Zone

9 Annette @FitnessPerks June 28, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Emily Giffin is a good author for a beach read (author of “Something Borrowed”), I also really loved the series -starting with “Divergent”. Great beach read!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Gratitude Brings….

10 Jordan @ Bake Write Sleep June 28, 2012 at 4:42 pm

My favorite author is Chuck Palahniuk, but I can’t read at the beach – I have super sensitive eyes when it comes to sunlight and even with sunglasses, the paper is too reflective =\
Jordan @ Bake Write Sleep recently posted..My cooking: Key lime pie bars with raspberry whipped cream.

11 john exami June 28, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Awww! Sand, beach, food and dogs… You are living my dream life. Here I am in front of my computer searching for pictures, good thing I clicked on your food picture so here I am in your website, lurking.. Thanks, I will do this really soon.. I’m nearing my retirement… πŸ™‚
john exami recently posted..Tried and Tested Tips to Sleep During the Day

12 Elisabeth June 28, 2012 at 9:01 pm

For Beach Reads I like Emily Giffin, Jennifer Weiner, Jane Green, Elin Hilderbrand, Marian Keyes, Sarah Pekkanen…basically ‘chick lit’ πŸ˜‰

13 CampingGirl June 28, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Elin Hilderbrand has great beach books.
CampingGirl recently posted..Cleaning For Visitors

14 Macrae June 28, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Mary Kay Andrew is soooo fun and cute!!! I just finished Hissy Fit- hilarious! All the books are set in GA too. Hope you fit this one in πŸ™‚

15 Steph June 28, 2012 at 10:37 pm

After the TBLB bookclub last night I am completely sucked into a book called What Alice Forgot. Rachel recommended it and I literally cannot put it down!
Steph recently posted..Here’s to 33