Not Letting Sleeping Dogs Lie

by Meghann on June 19, 2012

Maddie was sleeping on the couch today with her tongue slightly sticking out between her teeth. It was probably one of the most adorable things I’ve ever seen. She looked so peaceful, young, and goofy.

Of course, I went to grab my camera and this happened.

Figures. I guess I disturbed her beauty sleep. I swear she can hear a camera coming a mile away!

She can also smell food a mile away, too. She was particularly interested in today’s lunch.

There was maybe a 1/3 cup of last night’s dinner left in the pot when I went to clean up last night. I hate to be wasteful, so I scooped up what I could and put in some tupperware for lunch today. When I pulled it out of the fridge, I noticed another tupperware filled with leftover navy beans from yesterday’s lunch. Perfect. I mixed the beans with the leftover chicken and veggie concoction to bulk it up a bit and dropped the mix on an english muffin.

It was terribly messy to eat, but really delicious. A good reminder that left overs (no matter how much is actually left) make quick and easy lunches. :)

On the side I had the last half of a tomato (random).

And a bag of blue chips that were my on-board snack from my flight last week, but I never actually ended up eating on the flight.

I updated the wedding page! Just a little insight on how my parents feel about back-to-back-to-back weddings this year. :)

1 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 19, 2012 at 3:14 pm

I love reusing leftovers in new ways for a quick and easy meal. :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..I Survived!

2 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama June 19, 2012 at 3:19 pm

My dog does the same thing. He always looks so cute when he’s sleeping or dreaming. I grab the camera and he’s up. Super sonic dog hearing!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..Yoga in the Park

3 Anne @strawberryjampackedlife June 19, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I totally have a picture of my dog asleep with about 1/4″ of her tongue sticking out. It makes me laugh.
Anne @strawberryjampackedlife recently posted..Wedding Recap: Receiving Line and Limo

4 Annette @FitnessPerks June 19, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Leftovers are the jam! They DO make good lunches :)
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Sweat YOUR Way

5 erica June 19, 2012 at 3:31 pm

my dog does that too! it’s like his has extra “camera awareness” and stops whatever cute thing he’s doing when i whip out the camera, or even my phone.
erica recently posted..worth the wait

6 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats June 19, 2012 at 3:41 pm

those chips look really good, especially since I’m craving something salty right now!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Behind the Shiny Veneer

7 Army Amy* June 19, 2012 at 4:30 pm

My dog’s issue is that he doesn’t like to look directly at the camera. He looks every which way, but not at the camera! I got a good one of him the other day though. It only took about 50 tries. Haha!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Dreaming of Down Unda

8 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness June 19, 2012 at 5:27 pm

I try to film my pup when she is in deep sleep because I think I could get a lot of hits on youtube from how hilarious it is, but without fail she stops dreaming every time I pull the camera out. Guess someone doesn’t want her 15 minutes of fame!
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..No Posts Were Found!

9 Corey @ Learning Patience June 19, 2012 at 5:28 pm

I love me some leftovers…always tastes better the next day!

xoxo from Curacao
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Vacation Snapshots

10 Becka @ simplybecka June 19, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Your dog is too cute. I just started to read your blog and wanted to say thanks for all the great information and inspiration. Your lunch does look yummy, even if it was leftovers.
Becka @ simplybecka recently posted..journal your day…

11 Meghann June 19, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Thank you, Becka. Your comment means a lot. :)

12 BroccoliHut June 19, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Wow, this will be quite a whirlwind of weddings for your family–how fun! You’re right that being the last in line has its benefits. I’m the last of three sisters to get married, so I’m definitely at an advantage since my Mom has been through the process a few times already. The day we got engaged, she pulled out her big wedding binder and pretty much said, “Let’s DO this!”
Oddly enough, each of us was/will be married at the exact same age–24. That works out nicely so that my parents had a few years in between weddings!

13 BroccoliHut June 19, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Whoops–meant to post that comment on the wedding post!
BroccoliHut recently posted..Blueberry Salsa