more ยป" />

Maddie and Me

by Meghann on June 16, 2012

The aftermath:

Throwing dinner parties is fun, cleaning up before or after them isn’t. :-P Derek and I were a little tipsy trying to clean up last night. We managed to get one load of dishes in the dishwasher before calling it a night and leaving everything else for the morning. (And by “morning” I mean those dishes stayed until noon. Oops. The point is they eventually got done, right? ;) )

Today was a lazy day. Derek had our future brother-in-law’s bachelor party to attend and Maddie and I had some “Mommy and me” time to catch up on. I slept in, ran 6 miles for my “long run” of the week (still digging this non-training schedule), and made a berry smoothie for breakfast.

Tired of berries yet? Nope. Me either!

In the mix:

• strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
  • milk
  • ice
  • honey
  • chia seeds
  • chocolate whey protein powder

It was missing something – peanut butter.

I had some peanut butter with strawberries on an english muffin on the side, but it needed to be in the smoothie too. ;)

i had to do a little work today. A little became a couple of hours and all of a sudden it was lunch time.

I combined last night’s leftover salad, brussels sprouts, and berry-stuffed chicken and called it a meal.

So good. :)

Then it was Maddie play time.

Maddie is such a loner at the dog park. We stayed for about 15 minutes and she stayed by my feet the entire time. I ended up giving up and taking her for a long walk around the bigger park the doggie park is attached to. I think she got more out of walking the big loop with a leash, than she did being leash-less in the dog park area. She just prefers being attached to her mommy. :)

I had a Peanut Butter Clif Fruit and Nut Bar on the walk.

Dinner was another mess of what I could find in the fridge

• cous cous
  • hard boiled egg
  • broccoli
  • olives
  • blueberries
  • goat cheese.

Served cold.

It was a mess. :)

Since Derek is at the bachelor party, I decided to see a movie that I knew he would never see with me: What to Expect When You’re Expecting.

what-to-expect-when-youre-expecting-movie-poster-brooklyn-decker.jpg what-to-expect-when-youre-expecting-movie-poster-elizabeth-banks.jpg what-to-expect-when-youre-expecting-movie-poster-jennifer-lopez.jpg what-to-expect-when-youre-expecting-movie-poster-anna-kendrick.jpg what-to-expect-when-youre-expecting-movie-poster-cameron-diaz.jpg

Warning: if you have any form of baby fever DO NOT see this movie. It only makes it worse!

I loved the movie! It made me laugh, it made me cry (seriously, I had tears running down my cheeks), and it made me root for all the characters! I like how all the stories linked up an created a pregnant version of Love Actually. This isn’t a movie you take seriously, but if you’re looking for a light-hearted comedy, it’s a good choice.

Have you seen What to Expect When You’re Expecting? What did you think?

Post-movie dessert of leftover pie and ice cream.

Time to hit the sack.

Good night!

1 Sana June 16, 2012 at 11:39 pm

:) I really wanna see that movie, I heard good things!

2 Jamie @ StudioEats June 17, 2012 at 12:03 am

I’ve been debating seeing that movie but your review convinced me. Thanks!

3 Elisabeth June 17, 2012 at 12:32 am

I originally wanted to see that movie, but then decided not to after I saw a bunch of crappy reviews…but now I think I do want to see it after all. Ha!

4 Angela June 17, 2012 at 12:33 am

I really want to see that movie but I can not convince my husband to go with me. But I have heard it’s good!

5 Pam June 17, 2012 at 12:34 am

My dog is EXACTLY the same at the dog park.

6 Sarah June 17, 2012 at 12:46 am

your ice cream looks like scrambled eggs. Oddly enough, I didn’t think that combination was strange- I like sweet and salty together.. but alas, it twas ice cream, and I’m the weird one :)

7 Helena June 17, 2012 at 1:08 am

Three hours sleep in four days because your baby is suffering from colic and diarrhea is an excellent cure for baby fever, heh.

Are you thinking of starting a family soon? :)

8 Meghann June 17, 2012 at 9:29 am

We’re aiming for sometime in the next 2-3 years. :)

9 Grace June 17, 2012 at 1:12 am

I haven’t seen What To Expect When Your Expecting but really wanted to and no one wanted to see it with me:( I know I’ll love to snuggle up on the couch and watch it when it comes out though! I saw Rock of Ages tonight though and it was amazing, if you like music I would suggest it!

10 Allison @ The Life and Loves of Allison Fay June 17, 2012 at 6:56 am

I wasn’t planning on seeing this movie anytime soon, but the phrase “a pregnant version of Love Actually” got me. I do get baby fever at times but I think I’m good right now.

11 Danielle @ Long May You Run June 17, 2012 at 6:59 am

My dog was a loner at the dog park as well, although it was more because of his vision problems. When we added a second dog into the mix, he started following him around and now they’ve become deviants- we can’t go to the dog park anymore because they harass the other dogs too much! sigh… that’s jack russells for you.

12 Nanci June 17, 2012 at 7:08 am

Maddie is too cute. Our dogs love to walk at the park but we don’t do the running loose in the dog park thing. I think they are happiest walking around the park with everyone telling them how cute and adorable they are, plus they love to be with their mommy. :)

13 Dana June 17, 2012 at 8:25 am

I saw What to Expect and I loved it. I saw it on my own at a matinee. Your berry recipes are inspiring me. Especially the chicken one!

14 Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 17, 2012 at 9:18 am

It’s funny you mentioned the need for peanut butter in your smoothie. I made one the other day without my normal peanut butter, and I didn’t enjoy it nearly as much as I usually do! Now I know … gotta have the peanut butter!!

15 Renee June 17, 2012 at 9:28 am

I loved the WTE movie! It probably helped that I’m actually pregnant right now…and I even convinced my husband to go with me and he liked it too.

16 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats June 17, 2012 at 9:57 am

I really want to see that movie! And where did you find the Kit’s Organic bar? I’ve been wanting to try them but didn’t think they’d come out yet!

17 Meghann June 17, 2012 at 10:49 am

This one was a free sample, but I think they’re slowly releasing them to specialty health stores. They should be at select Whole Foods across the country right now.

18 Lindsey June 17, 2012 at 10:07 am

I really want to see it but think I will wait till its in our cheap theatre. haha. But I do have baby fever… ;)

19 Ash Bear June 17, 2012 at 10:16 am

Did you rent it or see it at the movie theater? I’ve never gone to a movie by myself!

20 Meghann June 17, 2012 at 10:48 am

I saw it in the theater. I like going to the movies by myself, it was something I started doing in college when no one wanted to see the same movie as me. I was so stubborn that I went and saw it anyway all by myself. :-p

21 Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness June 17, 2012 at 10:26 am

Looks like a great movie! Definitely want to see it! I love that smoothie recipe too looks delicious!

22 Laura June 17, 2012 at 10:28 am

so fun! looks like a perfectly relaxing saturday! did you go to the movie alone? good for you, if you did! i always have wanted to do that if i can’t find someone to go with me, but am scared… why….? that’s weird, i know.. so good for you! that movie looks cute!

23 Meghann June 17, 2012 at 10:50 am

Yes, I went by myself. It’s actually fun to do. I brought a book and read it before the previews started, I was in my own little bubble. Don’t be scared!

24 BroccoliHut June 17, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Aw, I always love seeing photos of Maddie–she’s got such a sweet face :)
I take Margot to a dog park occasionally, and I really love that it has two sections–a big space for the large breed dogs, and another separate space for the smaller dogs (like Margot). She gets really shy and scared in the big dog park, so we stick to the section that has dogs her own size. Although really, she’d be just as happy in a big field by herself with a tennis ball!

25 Sara@RunningInPinkProject June 17, 2012 at 1:45 pm

I see movies alone a lot when my husband is not in town. In fact, I am seeing Snow White and The Huntsman alone today. :) I like going w friends but alone is fine too!!

26 Emily N June 18, 2012 at 10:15 am

DO you have baby fever? :)

27 Meghann June 18, 2012 at 10:50 am

I caught it recently. It’s very infectious!