5-4-3-2-1

by Meghann on June 15, 2012

The last two days have been filled with hipster NYC hotels, cool new fitness classes, awesome friends, geeking-out with the incredible Brooks team, and trying to keep up with all things Healthy Living Summit and blog related while taking in my whirlwind of a trip.

Holy cow I’m exhausted.

I passed out last night. Hard. And, when my alarm went off at 5:30am for swim practice, I laughed at it. I didn’t get home until close to midnight and didn’t make it to bed until much later than that. Clearly I was a little mental thinking I could possibly make it to swim practice and still be a fully functional human being after 4.5 hours of sleep. I turned the alarm off and rolled over. Waking up with Derek’s alarm at 7 seemed the saner alternative. I’m feeding my swim team a big spread of berry-ful food tonight. Hopefully they can forgive me for bailing. πŸ˜‰

After I soaked up another hour and a half of sleep (it’s amazing how much of a difference that makes!), I headed to the gym and for an interval session on the treadmill (since I’m not working on distance right now, I’ve really been enjoying intervals on the treadmill to get the most out of my quick runs).

I did an old interval that I think I found on Tina‘s blog a while back. It’s the 5-4-3-2-1 interval set. You start at 6.0 for 5 minutes, then move on to 6.5 for 4 minutes, 7.0 for 3, 7.5 for 2, and 8.0 for 1. You take a 2 minute walking break @ 4.0 in the middle (or at least that’s what I did) then repeat the pattern again, only start with 6.5 and end with 8.5. Easy enough, right? I did an extended warm-up and cool down for a complete 30 minute workout. πŸ™‚

After the treadmill I headed to the weights for Mary’s Jello Leg Workout.

Breakfast was started as soon as I got home.

A toasted english muffin with peanut butter, pumpkin butter, and raisins. (p.s. totally bummed that the Trader Joe’s I walked by at 7:00am yesterday wasn’t open. Or that I forgot to go back to buy their delicious almond butter with sea salt. πŸ™ )

And a crisp apple with more peanut butter.

Tasty. πŸ™‚

Time to get to work and make up for the two days I’ve been away.

Happy Friday!!

1 Mary @ food and fun on the run June 15, 2012 at 10:35 am

We definitely missed you this morning! It was a hard but quick workout – only 45 minutes πŸ˜‰

Bummed I am missing the berry party! Hope you all have a blast! NYC looked awesome. Can’t wait to hear more about it!
Mary @ food and fun on the run recently posted..Healthy Living Conferences

2 Annette @FitnessPerks June 15, 2012 at 10:45 am

That sounds like a fun interval workout. Gotta try it!

Nice decision –5.5 hours of sleep would be super horrible. Haha
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Friday Fab Fives (Part 2)

3 Amanda June 15, 2012 at 10:49 am

Yay extra sleep! Travel really takes it out of you even when its fun travel πŸ™‚
Amanda recently posted..Fit Pregnancy

4 Rachel June 15, 2012 at 10:51 am

have you tried trader joe’s cookie butter? i haven’t but it sounds out of this world.

probably going to have to pick some up on the way home tonight
Rachel recently posted..OPA!

5 Megan @ The Delightfull Dash June 15, 2012 at 11:10 am

The cookie butter is out of this world delicious! It reminds me of a mix between gingerbread and a salted pretzel. So good! I also really like the cocoa almond spread. I can eat just spoonfuls of both:)
Megan @ The Delightfull Dash recently posted..Quinoa and Roasted Veggies with Flax Seed

6 Samantha June 15, 2012 at 11:10 am

That sounds like an awesome interval workout! I’ve been digging intervals lately too – I like the constant change to stave off boredom, and I’m not focusing on distance now either. I’m going to try this one soon!
Samantha recently posted..My Life Lately

7 Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness June 15, 2012 at 11:30 am

I love that interval workout! I’m going to have to try it!
Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness recently posted..Fuel Your Fitness Friday!

8 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City June 15, 2012 at 11:45 am

The TJs peanut butter with sea salt is one of my favorites! There is nothing quite like it.
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Intuitive Tapering

9 Jamie @ StudioEats June 15, 2012 at 11:47 am

That treadmill workout sounds great… going to have to try that one!
Jamie @ StudioEats recently posted..Whole Wheat banana bread zucchini Raisin muffins

10 Rebecca @ Blueberry Smiles June 15, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Their almond butter with salt is the best!
Rebecca @ Blueberry Smiles recently posted..I Was There! Plus, Eating Healthy at the Ballpark

11 Nikki June 15, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Not sure if you’ve heard but TJs is opening in Sarasota. Driving an hour would be worth it!

12 Emily N June 15, 2012 at 3:31 pm

That interval workout is a pretty good one. I am working on putting together compilations like that one because we’re going on a week long vacation!
Emily N recently posted..Recovering after a BAD night

13 Madison @ Pilates Makes You Happy June 15, 2012 at 5:04 pm

I think you made a wise choice! Sometimes sleep trumps working out!
Madison @ Pilates Makes You Happy recently posted..Random Random Thoughts

14 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats June 15, 2012 at 5:08 pm

good choice on skipping swim, haha i would have fallen asleep in the pool!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Friday = Circuit Time!

15 mary @ minutespermile June 15, 2012 at 5:13 pm

peanut butter is a go-to food for any meal (or snack! or dessert!). also agree that treadmill workouts can be pretty rewarding sometimes.
mary @ minutespermile recently posted..shakin’

16 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 16, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Mmm love me some peanut butter with apple slices. And I’m currently obsessed with english muffins. So basically I’m just saying I want to eat your breakfast! πŸ™‚
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..12 hours