more ยป" />

Summer Break

by Meghann on June 11, 2012

Good Morning!

Maddie and I laced up our running shoes this morning (well, I laced up my running shoes while Maddie licked her paws) and headed out for a quiet 4 mile run around the block. The weather is still just as sunny and gorgeous as it was yesterday, so we made sure to take full advantage before the rain comes in again.

The schools are all officially out for summer around here, which is really nice. No school, means less traffic and I can take a few routes that I usually avoid since they run smack into heavy elementary foot traffic. I had to play “dodge the kids with the oversized backpacks” too many times before I learned my lesson to avoid that area during school time. Now it’s free game. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post-run I made a simple berry-filled breakfast.

One whole wheat english muffin with chunky peanut butter, walnuts and fresh raspberries.

And the last of my container of vanilla Chobani with fresh strawberries for dipping

I have a BUSY week ahead of me! Tickets for Healthy Living Summit go on sale TOMORROW, I leave for a quick trip to NYC on Wednesday (yay!!), and I’m starting my Peak Fitness training plan this week. Should be fun!!!

Do you have any big events/ trips planned for this summer?!

I have two weddings coming up (my sister’s at the end of this month and a close family friend’s in July) and our annual weeklong beach vacation the last week of June.

1 Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition June 11, 2012 at 10:02 am

Your coming to my hood! : )
Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition recently posted..nectresse Event with Lisa Ling

2 Lindsey June 11, 2012 at 10:03 am

This is actually the first summer we have no weddings or trips planned! We decided to stay close to home this summer and take advantage of more local attractions and do day trips, plus my husband promised me my NYC trip in the fall if so ๐Ÿ˜‰
Lindsey recently posted..Highlights & Coconut Flour Waffles

3 Army Amy* June 11, 2012 at 10:14 am

I have a big vacation planned next month. My husband and I are going to Australia to celebrate the end of his first deployment. I cannot wait!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Streaking: Week 2

4 Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness June 11, 2012 at 11:10 am

Wow! You’ve got quite the busy schedule coming up! I am going away in a couple weeks with my family to Myrtle beach and I cannot wait. I’m looking forward to HLS tickets too…can’t wait!
Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness recently posted..Marvelous Monday

5 Courtney June 11, 2012 at 11:26 am

Fun! I’m going to a wedding at the end of the month in Wisconsin, and then to my sorority convention (Alpha Chi Omega) in July! ๐Ÿ™‚

6 samantha @ peach in the city June 11, 2012 at 11:43 am

love having fresh berries + PB instead of jelly!! yummm
samantha @ peach in the city recently posted..The WEDDING

7 Madison @ Pilates Makes You Happy June 11, 2012 at 11:44 am

I’m doing everything in my power to make it possible to come to the Heathy Living Summit! SO pumped!
Madison @ Pilates Makes You Happy recently posted..The Race That Wasnโ€™t

8 Jamie June 11, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Bfast looks great once again. Going to the Hamptons in NY and not quite sure about any big trips after that!
Jamie recently posted..Raisin Quinoa with spinach and a fried egg

9 Faith @ For the Health of It June 11, 2012 at 12:18 pm

All of the textures here look amazing! I need to pick up English muffins for my next trip to the grocery store!

10 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats June 11, 2012 at 12:48 pm

I’m excited about HLS! I’m nervous but taking the plunge and just buying tickets without knowing anyone who’s going!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Sing You Home

11 Corey @ Learning Patience June 11, 2012 at 2:14 pm

i miss running, glad you are able to enjoy it. My best friend decided to get married in a month in exciting – looking forward to it!

xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..The Brownie Incident

12 Leah June 11, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Could you spare the PB?!

13 Cait's Plate June 11, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Enjoy NYC – summer is one of the best times to be there ๐Ÿ™‚
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Four Years

14 Courtney @ Outrunning Insecurities June 11, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Right now I’m taking a summer economics class, but once July starts I have a very fun summer ahead of me. I have my very first half marathon and I’m going on a road trip across America with my boyfriend and his family. If only I didn’t have summer homework to do then too.
Courtney @ Outrunning Insecurities recently posted..A New Found Love of Yogurt Bowls

15 Kelsey June 11, 2012 at 6:00 pm

We are leaving on Friday for California and Vegas! So excited, we haven’t had a vacation in a few years. I saw the HLS schedule, it looks like something I would learn a ton from. I’m going to try to talk my husband into saying yes to another trip in a few months ;).

16 CampingGirl June 11, 2012 at 6:15 pm

I am jealous, we still have 2 1/2 weeks of school left!
We are renting a cottage that is off the grid for a week… no cell phone, no laptop, no ipad… I can’t wait!!
CampingGirl recently posted..Week 2 of the "Skinny Rules"

17 Laura @ May Your Bobbin Always Be Full June 11, 2012 at 6:46 pm

My husband and I have a road trip planned to Madison for a just-us vacation, then to Green Bay to see his parents and then down to St. Louis to meet our niece for the first time! We’re going right after he returns from his 10 month research trip to Russia (which ends in 16 days!!!!) so I’m actually looking forward to having htat much time in the car with him!

18 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama June 11, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Planning on trying to get tickets to HLS! I have to go this year since it’s back in Boston.

I can’t wait for my big family get to together this year on Cape Cod. It’s been a nightmare to try to coordinate everyone’s schedule but it will be worth it once we are there!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..My First 10K and #NHBloggers

19 Melissa June 11, 2012 at 7:50 pm

My own wedding and honeymoon, a possible Vegas trip, and finally relaxing after a year and a half of nonstop weddings – my own and 2 others I was a bridesmaid in! And, enjoying a summer break from work and students!
Melissa recently posted..The Last Day With All 5 Classes

20 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 11, 2012 at 8:19 pm

YUM! that breakfast looks delicious!!

And my big trip is Boston and New York for the beginning of July. I hope to make it back to Boston for HLS, but I’m not sure that’s in the budgeting cards this year… ๐Ÿ™
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday // Paper Aeroplane

21 Emily N June 12, 2012 at 11:15 am

I can’t wait to hear everything about your Peak plan! (well, as much as you are allowed to share!) If nothing else, progress reports about how much heavier you are lifting!
Emily N recently posted..Yesterday: exhaustion & workouts work!