more ยป" />

Team Bride

by Meghann on June 10, 2012

Last night we celebrated my sister’s last two weeks before she becomes a “Mrs.” with good food, great friends, heavy drinks, and penis straws (What? It’s not a bachelorette party without penis straws! ;) ). Good times. Good times.

Our party started at BJ’s Brewhouse near the Mall of MIllenia. When planning the bachelorette festivities, we knew we wanted to start at a restaurant that was close to our final destination (Universal CityWalk), was decently priced, had a fun vibe, and was Kelly friendly (she’s a vegetarian). BJ’s seemed to fit the bill on all accounts.

We started with drinks. I ordered the skinny-rita and would highly recommend it – YUM!

Fried artichokes (another yum!)

And PRESENTS!

IMG_4778.JPG IMG_4779.JPG IMG_4780.JPG IMG_4781.JPG

I had ordered the custom sash MONTHS ago from a random bachelorette site and Ashley and Amber designed and ordered the custom tank tops from a local custom shirt shop in Orlando.

470188_10102016638038053_305900237_o.jpeg

Kelly’s had “Bride” with “The Future Mrs. Moore” across the front, and the rest had “Team Bride” across the front and our names with Kelly’s wedding date in the ring on the bottom corner.

Team Bride.jpg

It was fun having our names on the shirts, I was able to point to it whenever anyone asked what my name was throughout the night. :)

I wasn’t in the mood for anything terribly heavy for dinner, so I ordered the Chicken A La Fresca, which was chicken breast served over a rice pilaf with vegetables and arugula. It was my first time ordering anything besides pizza from BJs and I was surprisingly impressed. The whole meal was very flavorful and very well done. It was just enough to fill me up, but not weigh me down for the rest of the evening’s activities.

After dinner we headed to our hotel room for games, presents, and drinks before heading to CityWalk.

We were not short on snacks. These all came in particularly handy at 2:00am. ;)

IMG_4800.JPG IMG_4801.JPG IMG_4802.JPG

And the “Drunken Gummy Bears” were a hit! They only soaked for 3 days (instead of the recommended 5), but still had that strong vodka bite everyone had warned me about. They were like little gummy bear shots of vodka.

The leftover vodka that the gummy bears had been soaking in was the real hidden treasure in this combo. It was so sweet and delicious that it could have easily been enjoyed straight up. I made a couple of cups of drunken bears, drunken bear vodka, and grapefruit juice. So, so good.

Gifting of some unmentionables ;)

IMG_4821.JPG IMG_4828.JPG

Then it was party time!!

I had asked Kelly months ago where she wanted to go for her bachelorette party and she picked CityWalk. It really was the easiest and safest bet for us. We stayed at a nearby hotel, cabbed it to the entrance, and didn’t have to worry about anyone not having a good time. Win. Win.

IMG_4866.jpg

Here is what I learned from our outing:

• Having a ring on your finger does not deter from free drinks. #winning
  • Cat 5 Margaritas are 10 times better than hurricanes.

• Penis straws double as microphones when belting “Sweet Caroline” at the top of your lungs.
  • Being the Maid of Honor is awesome. Whenever we met random people, they would always ask who the Maid of Honor was. We even ran into another bachelor party where the Best Man requested a photo with the Maid of Honor.
  • My mom can party with the best of them.

• Who says mothers of the brides can’t share in the fun? Multiple guys were asking if she was also a bridesmaid. They were SHOCKED when we told them she was the mom!
  • I have the BEST sister in the whole wide world and she is going to make a gorgeous bride and an amazing wife.

• Bachelorette parties are more than just free drinks and penis straws, they’re also about bonding with a group of girls you love more than anything in the world. My sister has a great group of bridesmaids and I’m honored to call each of the my friend. I love these girls!

IMG_4921.jpg

Let’s see…. we have the bridal shower and bachelorette party taken care of, now all we have left is the wedding!

13 days and counting!!!!

1 Hillary June 10, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Looks like a great time—and I love that you guys took your mom along!

2 Army Amy* June 10, 2012 at 1:29 pm

That wedding is coming up soon! It’s so fun when siblings get married!*

3 Alyssa June 10, 2012 at 1:33 pm

You guys truly committed to the theme – the adorable shirts, penis straws, even eating at a place called BJs! I love it – too cute!

4 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats June 10, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Looks like a fun night! I’m glad to hear the gummy bears turned out!

5 Sana June 10, 2012 at 2:05 pm

:) What a fun night!

6 Christine June 10, 2012 at 2:34 pm

How very cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like y’all had a blast! I had my bachelorette party at city walk ages ago also. Its easy and fun without having to worry about downtown parking lots etc.

7 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama June 10, 2012 at 3:22 pm

That’s so awesome that your mom went out with you! Bachelorette parties are a major fail if there aren’t penis straws involved!

8 Krystina (Krystina Yogini) June 10, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Citywalk is an awesome place for a Bachelorette party. I’ve been wanting to party down there for a while and you’ve convinced me that it needs to happen STAT. :)

9 Grace @ Grace Dishes June 10, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Looks like a wonderful event! I love bachelorette parties! The last one I attended was in Las Vegas and everyone had a blast.

I love the t-shirts and the decorations! Congratulations to your sister :)

10 jen June 10, 2012 at 3:44 pm

as a teacher who is in a district where teachers are fired if they have a facebook profile picture that shows alcohol, i’d be really super careful with this post. parents and admins can be very funny that way, they love you one second, and the next, they are up in arms over something seemingly innocent. alcohol, penises, etc. ya never know. not being a downer, just pointing out something practical.

11 Heather June 10, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Get a life Jen. There is not one picture of Kelly drinking, plus it is summer break. Who cares what Meghann and the other women are drinking, cuz you know, they are grown ups. Geez.

12 Meghann June 10, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Hi Heather, While I appreciate your support, Jen was actually very polite in her comment. I had discussed all of the concerns with Kelly before hand, which is why you noticed she is not photographed with any alcoholic drinks or straws. :)

13 Christine @ BookishlyB June 10, 2012 at 6:38 pm

I’m a teacher and I too immediately thought about it from Jen’s perspective. Heather is right that there aren’t any pictures of Kelly drinking, but you definitely have to be careful when it comes to how a district will react. I don’t think there’s anything incriminating, but I personally would not want the 16 year olds I teach know that I drank form penis straws…

14 Meghann June 10, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Thanks for the concern, Jen. Kelly and I did discuss this before hand, which is why there are no photos of Kelly with any drinks or penis straws in her hands.

15 Dani June 10, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Meg,
Where did you the shirts made and how much were they with the graphic and all? I’m planning my sisters bachlorette in Febuary and would love any pointers on how to throw everything together. You all looked like you had a great time!!!

16 Meghann June 10, 2012 at 7:22 pm

The shirts were $20 a piece. Ashley and Amber were in charge of design and ordering. Ashley designed the shirt based off something she saw on Pinterest and Amber ordered them from a local shirt shop. If you’re in the Orlando area I can try to track it down for you.

17 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 10, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Yay!! Looks like a great night!

We celebrated my friend’s bachelorette party a couple weeks ago and it was one of the best days I’ve had in a long time!!

18 Gwen June 10, 2012 at 5:05 pm

I have a bach party pic on that surf board too! My girls and I flew down to Orlando for my bach and had soo much fun at the CityWalk! Glad you guys had fun! <3

19 Sara@RunningInPinkProject June 10, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Awww you girls look cute. I think its awesome that your mom came out for the fun. :)

20 Dani June 10, 2012 at 7:43 pm

That would be great! I live in winter park so super close. Just shoot me an email :) or if Ashley or amber see this just respond! They looked awesome!

21 Julie June 10, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Oh my, you girls are adorable. I love the tank tops. The first picture needs to be in a frame. Bachelorette parties are the best!

22 Angela June 11, 2012 at 12:57 am

So fun! I love it! I sure hope you ate a pizookie while you were @ BJ’s! They’re my fave when it comes to sweets :) So excited to see pictures from the wedding… and you’re next!!! :) YAY!

23 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City June 11, 2012 at 9:46 am

Looks like you guys had a great time!!

24 Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition June 11, 2012 at 9:59 am

You girls are adorable! Looks like you had a lot of fun

25 Danielle Dillard June 11, 2012 at 10:14 am

Yay Kelly!! Looks like you guys had a blast… can’t wait for you to be a Mrs.!!!

Great job on the gummy bear drink… it sounds amazing! My new drink out is vodka + club soda + splash o’ grapefruit, and I guess they call it a “Salty Dog” if you salt the rim. You might like it if you like grapefruit/vodka drinks ;-).

26 Emily N June 11, 2012 at 11:08 am

You date countdown for your sister looks shocking similar (ok, exactly the same) as the one i have for MY sister.

27 Emilee July 8, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Hi! Looks like you all had an amazing night! I am grtting married in Nov. and would love to make up these shirts for my girls! I live near Orlando. Could you please email me the info on the company that printe dthese for you? Thanks so much!!

28 Meghann July 9, 2012 at 9:08 am

Amber had them done at Big Top in Winter Park. Ask for Colin :)