Plan B

by Meghann on June 9, 2012

Good Morning (afternoon?) ;)

This morning’s plan A: a sisterly bike ride on a nearby trail.

tire changing.jpg

No go. Both of Kelly’s tires were flat – and while I helped her change one (boo yah!) – we didn’t have a tube for the second one. Oh, well.

Plan B: sister time at the gym.

kelly lifting.jpg meghann lifting.jpg

I basically followed Kelly around and did what she did. We started with 30 minutes on neighboring treadmills (almost like running outside together, only with AC ;) ), then 20 minutes on the recumbent bikes, and some time in the free weights. Kelly is very confident in the free weights area, so it was fun following her and letting that confidence rub off a little. :)

Before we attempted Plan A or Plan B, we both slept in (I’m pretty sure Derek wouldn’t believe me if I told him I slept until 9!) and made yummy waffles for breakfast.

I topped mine with a smear of peanut butter and some microwaved cinnamon apples with a touch of syrup.

After the gym we dug into last night’s free pizza.

Sweet.

This was their ” Holy Shiitake” pie with tempeh instead of steak. I LOVE MEllow Mushroom’s tempeh, this pizza did not disappoint.

With a side of green beans because lunch always needs something green. :)

T-Minus 4 hours until the bachelorette festivities kick off tonight!!! The other bridesmaids and I have big plans for my sister, I hope she’s ready!!!!

1 Sana June 9, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Yay! I love going to the gym with my sister :)
Sana recently posted..I Can’t Hang Like I Used To

2 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 9, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Looks like a nice morning! Have a fantastic evening! good luck to Kelly! ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Calorie Counting

3 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama June 9, 2012 at 3:23 pm

You posts with your sister always make me wish I had a sister of my own! Having 2 brothers is great but it’s not the same.

Have a blast tonight!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..#MOVE Friday and Larabar Winner

4 Danielle @ Long May You Run June 9, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Dang- in that first picture you guys almost look like twins!!
Danielle @ Long May You Run recently posted..HOOYAH!

5 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats June 9, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Have fun tonight!!! I can’t wait to hear about it!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..HAPPY BIRTHDAY

6 Sarah @ RunningChickago.com June 10, 2012 at 12:49 am

this pizza looks so good! i’ve been craving some, and this just looks amazing. hope you have fun tonight! :)
Sarah @ RunningChickago.com recently posted..Españaaaa!

7 Jess @JessCantCook June 10, 2012 at 9:49 am

I miss Mellow Mushroom’s pizza!! Hope you ladies had fun last night :)
Jess @JessCantCook recently posted..Aerial Art, Hips and Posts I Loved this Week

8 Candice June 10, 2012 at 10:14 am

Woot! Looks like fun!! hope you have a good time!
Candice recently posted..Salad in a Jar

9 Emily N June 11, 2012 at 1:23 pm

We only have 1 mellow mushroom locally and it is about 35 minutes from where J and I live (we’re north of cincinnati in the burbs, and it’s down in KY) but we LOVE it. And will drive for it. :-)
Emily N recently posted..#VoteTigers