more ยป" />

Rainy Day

by Meghann on June 7, 2012

Good Morning!

I’m going to make this short and sweet. Lots to do today and very little time to do it in. The good news is we have a big announcement coming this afternoon for Healthy Living Summit, so stay tuned! ;)

I planned to get up super early for the 5:15am spinning class, but failed miserably. Setting my clock for 4:30 just seemed unnatural when I went to bed at 11:30 last night. Ugh. Not cool. So I hit canceled and just woke up at my regularly scheduled 6:00am alarm instead. I need to work on going to bed at a decent time again, I’ve fallen into a habit of staying up late and it’s a habit I desperately need to break.

So instead of spinning, I just went for a quick 4 mile run around the block. Next week I plan to start my faster 5k/10k training plan, so I’m soaking up the casual, easy runs while I can. :)

Post-breakfast I made a bowl of hot apples for breakfast. It was raining and hot apples just seemed like the best comfort food for a rainy morning.

The base was a large fuji apple that I heated up with cinnamon in the microwave, then I topped it with the last of a bag of Kashi Go Lean Crisp, PB2, Walnuts, and a dollop of Vanilla Chobani as my “whipped cream.”

Kinda, sorta like an apple crumble?

What’s your favorite comfort breakfast food when it’s raining outside? Hot apples are great, but a big bowl of oatmeal is amazing while it’s raining as well. :)

And I’m off!

1 Sana June 7, 2012 at 10:53 am

Good Luck with work today :) I love hot coffee on a rainy day!

2 Lindsey June 7, 2012 at 10:59 am

Stove top oatmeal loaded with berries, Greek yogurt and peanut butter.

3 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City June 7, 2012 at 11:40 am

My comfort food is definitely a big bowl of oatmeal with fresh fruit and lots of pb!

4 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life June 7, 2012 at 11:59 am

Hmm, I would say a bowl of hot oatmeal with brown sugar and cinnamon screams comfort food to me. Anything warm on a rainy morning is the perfect way to go!

5 Kathy June 7, 2012 at 12:22 pm

my breakfast lately is …a Whole Wheat English muffin w/ Biscoff, sprinkled with flaxseed and topped with cut strawberries and blueberries…been that way for a week now…I get on kicks like that. ;-)

6 Lauren June 7, 2012 at 12:24 pm

If it’s rainy and cold we usually go the oatmeal or eggs and grits route. Man, I wish it was cold and rainy. 90* in Los Angeles today.

7 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama June 7, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Anything warm and toasty on a rainy day. However I like hot oatmeal even when it’s 90 degrees!

Can’t wait for the HLS announcement!

8 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats June 7, 2012 at 1:08 pm

your breakfast looks delicious! I can’t wait to hear more about the HLS, I really want to go (and go ahead and book a flight since it’s only in a bit over 2 months!!!) but I want to get registered first!

9 Jamie June 7, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Yum, looks so good! Definitely oats, or eggs. I love rainy mornings!

10 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes June 7, 2012 at 1:48 pm

When it’s chilly outside, oatmeal is my go-to breakfast. I tend to drink more coffee during a cold morning, too :)

11 Sarah @ RunningChickago.com June 7, 2012 at 1:50 pm

love your hot apple breakfast! i have some apples in the fridge that i’ve been trying to think of something to do with…this seems perfect :) i love coffee on rainy days!

12 Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition June 7, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Can’t wait to hear what’s going on with the Healthy Living SUmmit!

13 CampingGirl June 7, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Oatmeal or toast with peanut butter are definitely my choices on a dreary morning.