HLS <3 HLB

by Meghann on June 7, 2012

Big News!!

The Healthy Living Summit 2012 agenda is LIVE! And tickets go on sale on Tuesday!

hlb-presents-hls11.png

Man, does that feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. There’s been a LOT going on behind the scenes the last couple of weeks with Healthy Living Summit and I have say that I am genuinely excited for this year’s agenda. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into putting that thing together and I can’t wait to see it pan out in Boston this August!!

One of the major changes for Healthy Living Summit this year is that we’ve combined forces with the amazing ladies over at HealthyLivingBlogs.com. If you’re not already a member of the HLB community, I would suggest heading over right now and checking it out. They’re all about building and connecting the awesome healthy living blogger community, which is right in line with what the Healthy Living Summit strives for. We’re honored to have them on board for this year’s event!

In case you’re unfamiliar with the Healthy Living Summit, it’s an annual blogging summit that a handful of bloggers and I started in 2009. We started planning over a random email and grew it from there.

Boston 2009:

Chicago 2010:

Philadelphia 2011:

With a couple of the founding members expecting babies in the month leading up to the 2012 conference ( still can’t believe Caitlin and Kath are going to be moms! so exciting!!!!), we knew it was time to expand our network and the partnership with HealthyLivingBlogs.com seemed like the perfect fit!

I have to give a special shout out to Heather of Then Heather Said and Julie of Savvy Eats for coming forward and taking on major roles for this year’s event. There would not be an HLS this year without these ladies. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

Are you planning going to this year’s Healthy Living Summit?!?

I had a great meeting this afternoon with my Drink Chia friend about Healthy Living Summit. She happened to be in the Tampa area today and brought a couple of their new flavors to share.

dc179026b0e911e1bf341231380f8a12_7.jpg

This was Drink Chia’s new “B Meyer” Lemon flavor. “B Meyer” is a well known trainer in Orlando, who played a big role in Drink Chia’s creation. When the company created their blueberry meyer lemon drink, it seemed only fitting to shorten the name as an ode to one of their biggest supporters. awww… I love stories like that. :)

The drink was good too. I was expecting something tart like lemonade, but the blueberry canceled any tartness out and the drink ended up being fairly smooth. Yum.

Before the meeting I had some mixed nuts for an afternoon snack.

The rest of my evening was spent buried in my computer working on HLS stuff. Derek was amazing and took over dinner tonight. I just gave him some simple instructions on what we had in the fridge and he took it over from there.

roasted brussels sprouts and potatoes

with chicken apple sausages

All made with love. :)

The Weight Watcher Ice Cream cones were an impulse buy at Publix this week. Sorry, I’m not sorry. ;)

I have an early swim practice in the morning.

Good Night!!

1 Sana June 7, 2012 at 10:42 pm

I am sure HLS will be amazing this year :)
Sana recently posted..A Super Magical Run

2 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions June 7, 2012 at 11:16 pm

So 2009 was in Boston and 2010 was in Chicago…Chicago 2013, maybe? Hopefully? Because man, I will SO be there if it’s in Chicago again.
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Thursday Things

3 Lauren June 8, 2012 at 7:19 am

Ah I can’t wait! It’s going to be fantastic again this year! :)
Lauren recently posted..10 Reasons Why Today was AWESOME

4 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats June 8, 2012 at 8:29 am

I really want to go to HLS!!! I just have to talk to my mom about flying logistics since it’s the weekend between finishing my internship and starting my last year of law school and I also want to go home! Ahhh I’m nervous but excited!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..HAPPY BIRTHDAY

5 Ali June 8, 2012 at 8:52 am

I am so planning on attending! I have been to every HLS so far. I am glad it is back in my city this year. :) Can’t wait until Tuesday!

6 Brita June 8, 2012 at 10:02 am

So, can you go to the Healthy Living Summit even if you’re not a big blogger? Is it open to us regular people too? :) Because it sounds like fun!
Brita recently posted..The end of an era :(

7 Meghann June 8, 2012 at 10:05 am

HLS is open to everyone! It’s actually a great place for beginning bloggers to learn and network!

8 Heather June 8, 2012 at 10:31 am

Thanks for sharing the greatness that is HLB, friend! So stoked for Boston in August :) [and all the details in between!]
Heather recently posted..Overdo Updates

9 Sloane @ Life Food and Beer June 8, 2012 at 10:46 am

Do a lot of people attending HLS share rooms? Is there a place to find roommate.
Sloane @ Life Food and Beer recently posted..Wedding Weekend Part 3 Reception

10 Meghann June 8, 2012 at 11:10 am

Yes! I’d say just about everyone does. We typically advise people to connect on the HLS Facebook page if they’re looking for a roommate :)

11 Emily N June 8, 2012 at 11:16 am

I am sure you have put a ton of work in thus far, and it should be a huge success!

12 Katherine June 8, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Weight watchers ice cream? something is really wrong here. Healthy living, real food, weight watchers ice cream, full fat real ice cream, whole foods, good fats etc. Pick the odd one out.

13 Meghann June 8, 2012 at 1:23 pm

I stated it was an impulse buy. I wanted an ice cream cone and they were on sale. I’m not perfect all the time, nor do I claim to be. :)

14 Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness June 8, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Can’t wait for HLS! I live in Boston and am dying to go! So excited!
Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness recently posted..Recap, Rest days, and Recipes

15 Beka June 8, 2012 at 6:57 pm

HLS is on my “really want to do” list this year!
Beka recently posted..Half Way Over or Half Way Until?

16 Alaina June 8, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Crossing my fingers I get a ticket this year! :-)
Alaina recently posted..Hotel Living

17 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 8, 2012 at 9:06 pm

I had the pleasure of going to HLS last year and I’m still trying to figure out if I’m going to go this year. I REALLY want to but there’s a few life and financial things that may not allow it to be a possibility. I guess I only have a few days to figure it out, huh?
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday // And the Unexpected Thursday

18 Megan June 8, 2012 at 9:06 pm

HLS sounds amazing! I would love to go…hopefully next year. Very cool that you include a 5k run/walk!

I had no idea about HLB until your post. I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to join. I’m now a member! I just started my blog, so it’s great to come across a huge community of people that enjoy health and fitness as much as I do. Thanks so much for sharing!
Megan recently posted..The Hummus Experiment

19 Lee June 9, 2012 at 8:16 am

I love those weight watchers ice creams! Sorry I’m not sorry either.
Lee recently posted..Frozen Herbs

20 Kath June 9, 2012 at 8:00 pm

So sad to miss it!
Kath recently posted..Shut The Pink Door!