more ยป" />

Oatmeal and Friends

by Meghann on June 4, 2012

Good Morning!

Man, mornings in Maryland are NICE. Low humidity, a nice cool breeze, and beautiful sunshine. Right now in Florida if you don’t squeeze your run in before 7:00am, you’ll be faced with horrible heat and awful humidity. I waited until close to 8:00 this morning to get my run in up here and had none of that. In fact, it was really, really nice.

Another thing I’m digging up here are the hills. Who knew I would grow to love hills so much? It’s not so much the uphill portion that I’m a fan of, but the downhills rock. This was my second day in a row running 4 miles of rolling hills and my second day in a row averaging 8:40ish min/mi (my fastest runs since my marathon last month!). Whoop. Whoop.

As I mentioned yesterday, this was a quick trip so I really didn’t have time to explore or see many friends in the area, but I was able to squeeze in one visit before we headed to the airport this morning.

Hi Megan!

(For anyone who used to read Megan’s blog and is wondering what she’s up to – she’s doing great! She’s living in the DC area still and just enjoying life as a single 20-somethin’ in the city. )

I miss Megan. She was my Orlando buddy – and then my Tampa buddy! – before she moved to Maryland some time last year. Actually this week marks our 3 year friendship anniversary! It was this week in 2009 that we first met at a bowling ally in Orlando.

DSCN1368.JPG

Awww….. memories. :)

I miss Caitlin too. Strange to think that none of us live in Orlando now. Megan’s up here, Caitlin’s in North Carolina, and I’m in Tampa. Sniff. Sniff.

Megan and I met at Panera for breakfast and played a little catch up over oatmeal and coffee.

Panera goes a little a little heavy on their brown sugar (next time I would ask for it on the side), but I was a fan of the fresh strawberries and pecans. The portion was also a little bigger than I was expecting (in a good way!). This bowl really hit the spot. :)

Now Derek and I are at BWI waiting for our flight back to Tampa. The skies are pretty clear, so fingers crossed that our flight getting home won’t be quite as adventurous as our flight here. ;)

Good-bye Maryland…. Hello Florida!

1 Kimberly June 4, 2012 at 11:50 am

Maryland is known for it’s humidity…you just got lucky today! Last week was horrible!

2 Allison June 4, 2012 at 11:55 am

Nice restraint on blast. I love their souffles, which are soooooo bad for you.

3 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 4, 2012 at 11:55 am

Have a safe flight! Looks like a great morning. :)

4 Lauren June 4, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Aw, I miss Megan! I haven’t seen that girl since last year. Glad you had a great time in Maryland! Safe travels home.

5 Lindsay June 4, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Maryland humidity is only slightly better than Florida, but we’re just having unseasonably cool (and perfect, I might add) weather! You got lucky.

6 Lauri June 4, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Ditto the others – MD is so incredibly humid and gross in the summer, def not like it is right now, today was/is perfect!! In the summer you feel like you are running in an oven….

7 Sana June 4, 2012 at 12:28 pm

The storm left us with amazing weather :)

8 AshleyCarole June 4, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Very jealous of the low humidity! It is awful already in NC! I miss Megan too!! Glad to hear she is doing well!

9 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats June 4, 2012 at 12:58 pm

I hope you have a safe trip home! and I love lower humidity, I don’t know how you do it in Florida!

10 Kailey June 4, 2012 at 1:03 pm

aww i miss Megan’s blog – glad to hear that she is doing well though :)

11 Madison @ Pilates Makes You Happy June 4, 2012 at 1:21 pm

I actually can’t imagine running in the heat and humidity that you do! Crazy town!

12 Beth @ 990 Square June 4, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Normally it’s SUPER humid in MD! It’s unseasonably cool here right now!

13 Caitlin in MD June 4, 2012 at 2:39 pm

I just have to echo what others are saying – I grew up in Baltimore and this area has TERRIBLE humidity. The weather the past few days has been totally out of the ordinary…and AWESOME

14 Caitlin in MD June 4, 2012 at 2:59 pm

PS: What part of Baltimore were you in?

15 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness June 4, 2012 at 2:50 pm

I love long time friends! Those are the best:)

16 Jess June 4, 2012 at 4:22 pm

I was just in MD a few weeks ago and am heading to Baltimore this weekend. It was super humid while I was there. You must have lucked out!

I love the oatmeal at Panera. The bowl is just a single serving of oats, but it seems like more because of the toppings.

17 Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 4, 2012 at 4:34 pm

I didn’t know Panera had oatmeal! That looks really good!

18 Courtney June 4, 2012 at 5:05 pm

That bowl is huge compared to what I got when I went to Panera. I was actually a tad disappointed by my portion size. :P

19 Jodi @ Jodi, Fat or Not June 4, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Wow – I’ve never gotten the oatmeal at Panera but that looks great. I loved reading Megan’s blog…convince her to come back :)? lol

20 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama June 4, 2012 at 6:59 pm

I’ve never been to Panera Bread for breakfast but it sure looks yummy especially the strawberries.

21 Kim @ Living, Laughing & Losing June 4, 2012 at 7:25 pm

I’ve never had oatmeal there..but it looks yummy!

22 Sarah @ RunningChickago.com June 4, 2012 at 7:43 pm

after seeing that oatmeal, i know i’ll be heading to Panera for breakfast one of these days! glad to know they’re heavy on the brown sugar so i can ask for it on the side!

23 Maren @ Maren's Morsels June 4, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Aww what fun. There is no better way to catch up with friends than bowling.

24 Cait's Plate June 4, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Looks delicious!

25 Sarah June 4, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Aww yay so great you were able to meet up with at least one friend on your trip! I love summertime in the north :) I’m heading up to MI in a few days and can’t wait to get in some awesome runs!

26 Allison @ Running Through Red Lights June 4, 2012 at 10:59 pm

My husband and I went out for Panera oatmeal and chai tea lattes every Saturday after our running club meet-up! Best breakfast ever! I like to get blueberries and strawberries without the nuts–for some reason, I always think they taste like onions. :-/

27 Melissa June 4, 2012 at 11:53 pm

I’ve never had Panera’s oatmeal, but Corner Bakery has a really good honey banana crunch oatmeal.

28 Elisabeth June 5, 2012 at 2:54 am

I’ve been to Maryland (DC area) several times in the late spring/summer/early fall…and it’s always been very humid when I’ve been there! Guess you got lucky this trip ;) I miss Megan’s posts, but glad she’s doing well!