Underwater Fun

by Meghann on May 28, 2012

Does the novelty of an underwater digital camera ever wear off?!

DSCF5139.JPG

DSCF5143.JPG DSCF5144.JPG

DSCF5135.JPG

DSCF5130.JPG DSCF5131.JPG

Nope. :)

DSCF5134.JPG

Good times. :)

True to form, I spent the morning catching up on emails before Derek and I hit the mall for a present for Marley. We ended up buying her a few summer outfits (I may or may not have gone a little overboard buying cute little dresses – how could you not?!?! :) ) and we’re thinking of getting her a personalized book, but I need to research it a little more. Anyone know any good companies or websites that do that?!

We went from the mall to San Miguel’s for lunch.

DSCF5104.JPG

I’ve heard a lot of good things about San Miguel’s, but I wasn’t impressed. All the options seemed pretty heavy and $$ for what it was. Eh. I wouldn’t return.

I had a few of the chips and salsa while we waited for food.

DSCF5107.JPG

And had the very basic, bland chicken salad for lunch.

DSCF5110.JPG

We thought we were going to be rained out from our pool plans (booo!), but the skies cleared up just as arrived at Stephanie’s apartment complex. Perfect timing! Even better, the dark clouds had scared most people away, so we had the entire pool to ourselves.

DSCF5120.JPG

Mini-pool party essentials.

DSCF5115.JPG

I had two glasses of Steph’s sangria. She packed the pitcher with fresh strawberries, blueberries, peaches, and fresh mint. It all went down a little too easy. ;)

DSCF5126.JPG

The rest of the afternoon was spent relaxing, discussing 50 Shades of Grey (I finished the 3rd book tonight!), and being total goofs. It doesn’t get much better than that.

DSCF5122.JPG

DSCF5123.JPG

After so many hours in the sun, I was wiped! Derek and I both headed home tired and hungry. I reheated some of last night’s leftovers and paired it with some hummus and pita wedges. The combination totally hit the spot.

And I had a serving of Publix Moose Tracks ice cream with walnuts for dessert.

And, with that, the long weekend comes to an end.

Have a great night everyone!

1 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats May 28, 2012 at 10:00 pm

I used to love those disposable waterproof cameras! So fun!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Busy Weekend!

2 Erin May 28, 2012 at 10:01 pm

After the numerous comments in your other post, and your (still remaining) offensive ecard image about Memorial Day… no mention here of people that have scarified their lives so you could spend the day drinking sangria and taking underwater photos? Your lack of respect and unwillingness to address the issue has lost you at least one reader today.

3 Errign May 28, 2012 at 10:43 pm

I have to agree with you, Erin.

Even though you removed the image discussed, I’m failing to see how the image was either cute, ironic or funny, since oh, I don’t know – servicemen (and women) in this country get shot every day protecting the freedoms we all enjoy. I know you didn’t mean any harm Meghann, but your lack of consideration and thought on this has really turned me off reading your blog anymore.
Errign recently posted..Boring Days, Boring Post.

4 Meghann May 28, 2012 at 10:53 pm

It’s funny because I have complained about being shot by a paintball gun before. I couldn’t for one minute imagine what it’s like to be shot with an actual gun. I 100% respect and honor the men and women who serve our country because I know there’s no way I would have the courage to fight the way they do(paintball guns = scary. real guns = I’d shit my pants.). They deserve major props.

5 JessicaE May 28, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Any dissenting comments seem to be completely ignored… not just for the previous post, but many other posts. It seems disrespectful to your readers who take the time to read your content and post an opinion about it. Your blog is a public forum about your life… its sad to me that instead of owning up to what you wrote/how you feel OR creating a place for some good discussion, you just seem to say “la la la, nothing is happening, I’ll just move on and pretend its not happening.”

Makes the blog a pretty shallow place to be.

6 JessicaE May 28, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Heck, perhaps she doesn’t care much about our troops or Memorial Day. That isn’t for me to judge… everyone is allowed to have their own opinions and feel the way they feel… but to have a public blog and completely ignore any questions/concerns about things you choose to publicly post is insane to me.

7 Courtney May 28, 2012 at 10:25 pm

I’m an Army Wife and my husband is an Active Duty soldier – I am not offended whatsoever that you had what looks like A GREAT DAY! Even if all you took was a moment to yourself in the pool to send up a small prayer for all those who have lost their lives and sacrificed supporting this country, that’s all that matters. We all give thanks in different ways – and I think celebrating LIFE with friends, good food and good fun is exactly what soldiers were protecting, and I’m sure they’re all happy that you threw back a cold one for them. Party on, sister!
Courtney recently posted..The Hoff Burger

8 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 28, 2012 at 10:34 pm

Looks like such an awesome weekend! And those under-water pictures – priceless.
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday / Born and Raised

9 JessicaE May 28, 2012 at 10:34 pm

Thanks for posting my comments.

10 Sana May 28, 2012 at 10:41 pm

:) Sounds like a lovely day!
Sana recently posted..Cook OUT. Eat IN.

11 Emily May 28, 2012 at 11:01 pm

Where did you get your suit? I really like it, and need a new suit for our Jersey shore vacation this summer!
Emily recently posted..Well, hello

12 Meghann May 29, 2012 at 5:27 am

It’s from Victoria Secret, that’s where most of my swimsuits are from. :)

13 Erin May 28, 2012 at 11:01 pm

They have the recordable books at cvs and hallmark. We make them for my neice every year

14 Miranda @ Biting Life May 29, 2012 at 2:43 am

Cute underwater photos! I’m used to be a photo technician at CVS and, while I’m obviously biased ;) , their photobooks are awesome for gifts! You just bring in a USB drive with pictures on it, and you can use the templates on the in-store kiosks to plug in your photos. You can even add words if you want! And there are a bunch of templates to choose from. Prices range from $5 – $20 and come in 4×6, 5×7, and 8×10 sizes. I’m pretty sure you can also do it online, too, from http://www.cvs.com :)
Miranda @ Biting Life recently posted..A Hot Day at the Zoo

15 ash bear May 29, 2012 at 7:05 am

I know you’ve posted it before but can your remind me what digital camera you have for underwater? With all our tropical vacations it seems like a good investment!
ash bear recently posted..Sunday & Monday Fun Day

16 Meghann May 29, 2012 at 8:47 am

It’s a WP FujiFilm. It takes great underwater photos, but above water aren’t that great. Still, it is a fun camera to have. :)

17 Leah May 29, 2012 at 8:23 am

My friends daughter has an adorable personalized book! This is the link to the one she has but the site seems to have plenty more

18 Kathy May 29, 2012 at 8:57 am

love how much fun you guys have….and nice underwater camera photos!

19 Cait's Plate May 29, 2012 at 9:40 am

Hahah – I used to LOVE underwater cameras! I definitely need to bring those back into my life…they’re seriously just too fun.
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Memorial Day Weekend Wrap-Up

20 Kristin @ FoodFash May 29, 2012 at 12:14 pm

That salad looks weak! But, I am a huge fan of their bean burrito…
Kristin @ FoodFash recently posted..Quinoa Tabbouleh