Too Fast

by Meghann on May 25, 2012

Oh, man. Is it Friday, already?

I was sitting with the girls in Courtney’s living room last night thinking about how it felt like i had just seen them the day before at Bern’s, when really it was 4 days before. Then it hit me that another weekend was almost here and it’s just crazy how fast this week flew by. The pace is picking up around here and I’d really like it to slow down, please. I have too many things coming up on the calendar that I still need to prepare for. Can we just add another 5 hours to each day? mmmkay? ;)

I cleared my head this morning with a quick 4 mile run around the block. Since my marathon I’ve been keeping all my runs relatively low mileage and easy paced. I have to admit that I’ve been enjoying this approach to running. It’s pretty relaxing and a nice break from training. I’ll need to start picking up the workouts again soon, but for now I’ll just enjoy the ride.

A post-run smoothie helped cool me down.

Mango Peanut Butter Smoothie

• 1 fresh mango chopped
  • 1 cup ice
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon chia seeds
  • 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
  • 1.5 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup rolled oats

Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until desired consistency.

IMG_3982.jpg

It’s getting HOT outside and I find myself craving smoothies more and more. The mango peanut butter smoothie was perfect. The mango gave it some natural sweetness while the peanut butter and rolled oats gave it a nutty, thicker consistency. I was a fan. :)

With the smoothie I had a chocolate vitatop muffin with a smear of peanut butter and almonds for a little crunch.

A great Friday breakfast.

Some posts worth reading!

Why CrossFit is not for me – Wearing Mascara

Loved the honesty from Julie here. It’s so easy to get caught up in workout trends and *think* it’s what we should be doing, but the truth is that if a workout is causing you anxiety or making you feel bad for yourself, then maybe that isn’t the workout for you. Workouts should be fun and exciting, NOT depressing.

Two Years, Two Months, and Two Days… – Running Peanut

Tear jerker. Big one. It’s always exciting to hear a friend who has been struggling with infertility for so long, finally got to see that second line appear. :)

Wedding: My Last Name

I updated the wedding page yesterday! Check out the comments of this post – lots of great discussions going on in regards to changing and not changing your last name after marriage.

Starbucks Gold Card Thief

If someone stole your wallet/ purse what’s the one thing you would be the most upset about?

Ochocinco’s wallet was stolen from his car earlier this week and apparently his main concern was his gold Starbucks card. Watch the clip. :)

I’ll admit, if my wallet was stolen I’d be pretty upset about losing the gold card too. As Ochocino so delicately put it – do you know how many coffees I had to drink to earn that?! hehe

It should be noted that the wallet was eventually located (thanks to the help of twitter!), but the Gold Card was still missing. Bummer.

1 Victoria (District Chocoholic) May 25, 2012 at 10:25 am

Ever tried to replace a drivers license? Yeah…
Victoria (District Chocoholic) recently posted..Bruno’s Chocolate Creations: Nutty Pieces

2 Annette @FitnessPerks May 25, 2012 at 10:29 am

If my wallet were stolen I’d freak about my driver’s license, credit card, and library card! I HATE replacing stuff. SO I keep my wallet nice and safe :)

I love smoothies as of late too….YUMMMMMM
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Friday Fab Five

3 Victoria May 25, 2012 at 10:38 am

Thanks so much, Meghann! You are too sweet! :)
Victoria recently posted..Two Years, Two Months and Two Days…

4 Megan May 25, 2012 at 10:39 am

Meghann, the smoothie sounds delicious! Have you ever tried your smoothies with other types of milk, like soy or almond? I’m not a huge dairy milk drinker so I was just curious if the taste is the same.

I just ran my first 5k last weekend, so finding your blog has been refreshing. Thanks for being so open and honest. All of your running tips and recaps have been great for a beginner like me!
Megan recently posted..Finish Line #1: Poplar Spring 5k Recap

5 Meghann May 25, 2012 at 10:52 am

Yes, I use almond and silk milk pretty regularly in place of milk. I can never taste a difference between the three when baking or in smoothie form. :)

6 Army Amy* May 25, 2012 at 10:48 am

I currently have a green level Starbucks card. I would be way pissed if I lost it, so I imagine that if it was gold, I’d be even more upset. It isn’t what I would be most concerned about, though. My military id would be the most upsetting. I could always replace it, but it is such a hassel and too important to loose!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Putting my Boys to the Test

7 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 25, 2012 at 11:02 am

I think I’d be most upset about having to get a new driver’s license. The credit cards are fairly easy to get frozen and then replaced. Having to get all new insurance cards would be a little frustrating, too!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..The countdown is on!

8 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City May 25, 2012 at 11:14 am

My purse was stolen once and it was such a headache. I had to call my credit card company and my bank to cancel cards. Of course it was a Friday too so the DMV wasn’t open again until Monday to replace my license. Now I guard my purse/wallet like crazy!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..What I’m Loving {05-25-2012}

9 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats May 25, 2012 at 11:42 am

Haha I’d be more upset to lose my drivers license since mine is still MO but I live in Chicago. I can’t even imagine trying to get a new one!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

10 Madison @ Pilates Makes You Happy May 25, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Loosing my wallet is actually one of my biggest fears. I have OCD “make sure wallet is in purse” disorder.

11 adie (adiecakes) May 25, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Put your gold card on your phone! Download the Starbucks app and load the info, and you can leave the actual card at home :D you can reload it/check your balance (of both money and stars!) and everything from the app!

Then I guess you just can’t lose your phone! ;)
adie (adiecakes) recently posted..will bake for love! ro’s bridal shower: may 12, 2012

12 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 25, 2012 at 12:44 pm

The thing with the gold card is that your balance is protected. It’s not exactly lost money…but I still get it. I’d definitely be sad about my credit cards and ID. There’s so much work to get those taken care of if they were stolen. :(
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday

13 Grace @ Grace Dishes May 25, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Ugh I would be so upset if my wallet was stolen! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Grace @ Grace Dishes recently posted..Hot and Humid

14 Julie @ Wearing Mascara May 25, 2012 at 4:37 pm

You = awesome! Thanks so much for posting about my blog. It means the world! That mango smoothie looks so good. With all your posts about mangos lately that’s what I’ve been craving!
Julie @ Wearing Mascara recently posted..My sister and I singing karaoke

15 meredith May 25, 2012 at 5:06 pm

as long as your starbucks card is registered (which it should be, if it’s a gold card) you can call/go on their website to report a lost or stolen card, and starbucks will replace it for you :)

16 Silvina May 26, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Thanks for the smoothie recipe! I tried it today and it’s delicious!