more ยป" />

Girls’ Night

by Meghann on May 24, 2012

We had a girl’s night tonight in honor of Jess and Courtney’s recent birthdays.

Courtney made the salsa.

Jess made the sangria.

I made the salad.

And Courtney made the ropa vieja, rice, and bean.

Put it all together and you one serious meal.

We all brought the gossip. And the laughs. Facebook and twitter played a part too. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Courtney made the birthday cake. Mary brought the ice cream.

We all sang “Happy Birthday” while Jess and Courtney blew out the candles.

I ate a piece (with ice cream) in their honor.

mmm…. homemade German Chocolate Cake. Courtney did good!

I think we all stayed out too late, but it was worth it.

Girls’ nights rule!

1 Sana May 24, 2012 at 11:05 pm

I <3 delicious eats and fab friends!
Sana recently posted..Does Cleaning My Room Count As A Workout?

2 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats May 24, 2012 at 11:15 pm

All that food looks so delicious!!!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

3 Maura @ My Healthy 'Ohana May 24, 2012 at 11:19 pm

How fun!! That german chocolate cake looks so yummy :)
Maura @ My Healthy ‘Ohana recently posted..Pregnancy Update โ€“ 26 weeks

4 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 24, 2012 at 11:26 pm

So much fun! I have a girls night coming up on Saturday for my friend’s bachelorette party…followed by work early Sunday morning. help me! haha!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Where to go next?

5 Sandy May 24, 2012 at 11:37 pm

All of the food looks yummy!! That German Chocolate cake looks delicious!! What did you put in the salad?

6 Meghann May 25, 2012 at 9:07 am

It was a spring mix topped with fresh mango, avocado, tomato, olives, and jalapeno cheese. It was delicious. :)

7 Reenie May 25, 2012 at 12:06 am

Where did you get the yellow/gold bowl that your salad is in?

That cake looks delish!!

8 Meghann May 25, 2012 at 9:07 am

It’s a Racheal Ray bowl that I got for Christmas a couple of years ago. It came in a set and has a lid too :)

9 Hillary May 25, 2012 at 7:08 am

That cake looks out of this world—and I don’t even like coconut all that much! What a fun night.
Hillary recently posted..The Foodie Experience

10 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 25, 2012 at 7:43 am

Fun! And that food looks fabulous! You ladies did quite a good job!! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..The countdown is on!

11 Sara @my less serious life May 25, 2012 at 7:45 am

german chocolate cake is one of my very favorite things in life! this one looks awesome!

12 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope May 25, 2012 at 8:33 am

All of that food looks delicious especially the cake! :) I am a German Chocolate cake fan!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A Job Well Done!โ€ฆ

13 Beka May 25, 2012 at 9:35 am

wow that cake looks delicious! what an awesome meal :)
Beka recently posted..Gear review: Asics Rush33 … and a lot of food.

14 Kathy May 25, 2012 at 10:06 am

This has been my ALL TIME favorite cake since I can EVER remember….YUM! So funny to see it here b/c I am the only one (besides my mom) who even likes this cake…I guess there are not a lot of coconut fans around here.

Love it!

15 ash bear May 25, 2012 at 10:35 am

That looks like such a fun evening! I love the idea of a potluck girls night!
ash bear recently posted..Friday Favorites: Reach the Beach Style

16 Katie @ A Full Plate May 25, 2012 at 11:28 am

Oh my goodness I LOVE german chocolate cake! And that one looks amazing. By the way I’m a fellow Tampa Bay blogger! I found you through the Tampa Bay Lady Bloggers group…hope to meet you at the next meetup :)